Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Mike M  
#1 Posted : 26 February 2013 18:48:17(UTC)
Mike M

Canada   
Hi Everyone,

I am still in the midst of planning my layout,and I know the electrical side of things is going to be my weak point.

I have found a book on the Marklin & Walthers site called "Controlling ,Locomotives,Trains And Accessories" Item #441-7421.This book apparently shows basic,how to set up controll for the CS2 and running on fully automatic. I am going to be running AC.

Does anybody else have this book or are there better ones out there ?? What do you suggest ?

Thank you in advance

Cheers Mike
Offline kbvrod  
#2 Posted : 26 February 2013 19:24:29(UTC)
kbvrod

United States   
Originally Posted by: Mike M Go to Quoted Post
Hi Everyone,

I am still in the midst of planning my layout,and I know the electrical side of things is going to be my weak point.

I have found a book on the Marklin & Walthers site called "Controlling ,Locomotives,Trains And Accessories" Item #441-7421.This book apparently shows basic,how to set up controll for the CS2 and running on fully automatic. I am going to be running AC.

Does anybody else have this book or are there better ones out there ?? What do you suggest ?

Thank you in advance Cheers Mike

Hi Mike,all,
Do a search and look at threads in the forums! I bet you that most things have been covered by our experts!Cool

Dr D

Offline Nielsenr  
#3 Posted : 26 February 2013 19:42:51(UTC)
Nielsenr

United States   
Mike,

I have the 7421 book as well as the 03402 HO Signal Book. I find them to both be good references.

Robert
Offline cookee_nz  
#4 Posted : 26 February 2013 19:46:24(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Mike M Go to Quoted Post
Hi Everyone,

Thank you in advance

Cheers Mike

Mike, for a good basic grounding the older Marklin book 0311 "Marklin and it's big prototype", and the Marklin Service Manual, (both available on the Spanish website frequently posted here) explain a lot of the electrical aspects along with easy diagrams to build on your knowledge. Slightly more advanced is the Signals manual.

Even if you are going fully Digital, and possibly on to Computer Control, getting the initial basics right will still be relevant and help you not only with initial understanding and connection but also be a great help in trouble-shooting when things don't go as you expect.

Cheers

Steve
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Offline Mike M  
#5 Posted : 27 February 2013 00:08:35(UTC)
Mike M

Canada   
Thanks everyone for the advice.

Cheers Mike
Offline Mark5  
#6 Posted : 27 February 2013 00:37:49(UTC)
Mark5

Canada   
Good question on getting info.
While Kevin is right to suggest doing a search here on the forum,
it is handy to have a good complete description in print, in hand.

Isn't there a PDF download of the 7421 book out there?
If so, I would be happy to know of it.

Robert.
How much is it from the dealer.
How helpful did you find it?

- Mark
DB DR FS NS SNCF c. 1950-65, fan of station architecture esp. from 1920-70.
In single point perspective, where do track lines meet?
Offline Nielsenr  
#7 Posted : 27 February 2013 04:08:12(UTC)
Nielsenr

United States   
Mark,

I got the 7421 manual from my dealer over three years ago for around $30. It might be more expensive now. For me, it was worth the money. I do like having something "tangible" to sit down and read. There were some sections that were pretty basic, but there are good topics within it. It helped me set up blocks for the first time with the CS2. I still refer to it occasionally to refresh my memory on some things.

Robert
Offline xxup  
#8 Posted : 27 February 2013 09:37:19(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Originally Posted by: Nielsenr Go to Quoted Post
Mike,

I have the 7421 book as well as the 03402 HO Signal Book. I find them to both be good references.

Robert

Yep, I agree.. Both of these books are a must have for Marklin users.. Get the 07421 first, the the Signal book later..

Have a look on eBay for prices - even second hand copies of the books should be okay for you..
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com