Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline obxbill  
#1 Posted : 30 January 2013 02:38:03(UTC)
obxbill

United States   
I just put a smoke unit in my 3393 BR52 and it stays on. I've tried every button on my MS but none work. The Lok wasn't in the database so I have it loaded by address. So will this hurt the smoke unit and if so, do I have any options?

Bill
Marklin HO and Z also Hornby 00 and US 2-rail
Offline tulit  
#2 Posted : 30 January 2013 02:54:27(UTC)
tulit

Canada   
Originally Posted by: obxbill Go to Quoted Post
I just put a smoke unit in my 3393 BR52 and it stays on. I've tried every button on my MS but none work. The Lok wasn't in the database so I have it loaded by address. So will this hurt the smoke unit and if so, do I have any options?

Bill

I believe the decoder on this locomotive isn't able to turn on/off the smoke unit. Which smoke unit did you install? It will need Seuthe #11 and should be okay to be always on. You can't leave Seuthe #10/Marklin 7226 on continuously.
Offline NZMarklinist  
#3 Posted : 30 January 2013 03:42:08(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   

Bill

Hi Bill,
You will find if you take the body off your loco that it, the smoke contact, is wired to direct the the track power (pick up shoe). You can fix this with a decoder upgrade !
A V4M4 Loksound will do the trick nicely and be a worthwile upgrade, particularly if you have fitted a M7226 or Suethe10 unit allready. Otherwise you'll need a Seuthe 11 smoke unit as has allready been suggested. ThumpUp
Marklin don't currently have a dedicated sound project for the '52, but if you don't want sounds an Mld would be worth considering Smile
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 30 January 2013 08:26:23(UTC)
H0

So will this hurt the smoke unit and if so, do I have any options?
Seuthe recommend to turn the smoke generator off when it's empty (if possible). This applies to all smoke generators, even the 7226.

But tulit is right in saying that you need Seuthe #11 for this loco (assuming it still has the original Delta decoder and was not modified). A #10 or Märklin 7226 will get more power than it was made for and leaving it always on in this overload condition will drastically reduce its lifetime.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline obxbill  
#5 Posted : 30 January 2013 11:58:59(UTC)
obxbill

United States   
Thanks! Yes, I put a Seuthe #11 in it. It also does still have the original Delta decoder installed. So I'll just be careful with it 'till I upgrade someday. :)

Bill
Marklin HO and Z also Hornby 00 and US 2-rail
Offline JohnjeanB  
#6 Posted : 12 February 2013 16:14:51(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Thanks! Yes, I put a Seuthe #11 in it. It also does still have the original Delta decoder installed. So I'll just be careful with it 'till I upgrade someday. :)

Bill

Hi Bill
I agree with all the posts above.
In case you don't want to change your Seuthe unit, you can insert a diode in series with the smoke generator.
The result in current is identical to using the appropriate unit for permanent operation and much cheaper.
No risk of burning the unit if there is no fluid (it is just not recommended).
Cheers
Jean

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by JohnjeanB