Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline BigJeffyLawd  
#1 Posted : 25 December 2012 21:00:34(UTC)
BigJeffyLawd

United Kingdom   
Merry Christmas to all, I go a marklin regional express for Christmas which is what I wanted and when I was on holiday in Germany earlier this year I bought a doppelstock-steurewagen which is very nice, but keeps derailing. It's fine when pushed but when pulled the front bogie derails. Can I have some help, I loosened the piece of metal which senses which direction it goes in, any help. ps. It hasn't been oiled
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by BigJeffyLawd
Offline kbvrod  
#2 Posted : 25 December 2012 22:50:44(UTC)
kbvrod

United States   
Originally Posted by: BigJeffyLawd Go to Quoted Post
Merry Christmas to all, I go a marklin regional express for Christmas which is what I wanted and when I was on holiday in Germany earlier this year I bought a doppelstock-steurewagen which is very nice, but keeps derailing. It's fine when pushed but when pulled the front bogie derails. Can I have some help, I loosened the piece of metal which senses which direction it goes in, any help. ps. It hasn't been oiled

Hi all,BigJeffy,
Some questions first: because I do not have this model.
Does it derail on switches,curves? Or all-the-time? Type of track?
I am going to assume the wagen has separate NEM coupler sockets,...
Are the bogies 'free' wheeling?
How do the wheels sets sit/move in the bogies?

Dr D

Offline BigJeffyLawd  
#3 Posted : 25 December 2012 23:22:54(UTC)
BigJeffyLawd

United Kingdom   
It is running on C track and is derailing on curves, what do you mean 'free wheeling'. The wheels are sort of stiff and it has reflex couplings, thanks
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by BigJeffyLawd
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 25 December 2012 23:28:36(UTC)
H0

Sometimes the wheels are pushed in too far (maybe caused by a shock during transport).
Are the wheels turning when you pull the coach by hand? Do all wheels have contact with the rails?
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline kbvrod  
#5 Posted : 25 December 2012 23:35:04(UTC)
kbvrod

United States   
It is running on C track and is derailing on curves, what do you mean 'free wheeling'. The wheels are sort of stiff and it has reflex couplings, thanks

Hi Jeff,all,
What I mean by fre-wheeling,is that the bogies swivel without hindrance and that's not hitting any steps/skirting.
Wheels are stiff,not good,...
Are the Relex couplers attached to the frame or to the bogies?

Dr D
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kbvrod
Offline BigJeffyLawd  
#6 Posted : 26 December 2012 00:56:39(UTC)
BigJeffyLawd

United Kingdom   
The bogies are sort of hitting the skirting but I have fixed it now, I turned the bogies around further that they are supposed to go on both sides and then turned it back. It worked well but some of the wheels aren't touching the rails but you wouldn't see it, its no problem. Here it is Flickr
Offline mike c  
#7 Posted : 26 December 2012 04:02:15(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
The axle should not be floating like that. Can you check to make sure that the axle is properly in position? I would also check to make sure that the slider is not lifting the bogie off the tracks. If possible, can you take a photo of the bogie from the side when the coach is lying on it's side, as well as a photo of the underside of the coach taken from beneath the slider? Was the axle lifting off the rails before you turned the bogies around?
You can just attach the photos to the post using the "Attach files" feature.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
Offline H0  
#8 Posted : 26 December 2012 09:14:40(UTC)
H0

It worked well but some of the wheels aren't touching the rails but you wouldn't see it, its no problem.
I think wheels not touching the rails are the problem. I guess that at least one of the axles is not properly in the axle bearings of the bogie.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline BigJeffyLawd  
#9 Posted : 26 December 2012 12:34:25(UTC)
BigJeffyLawd

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
The axle should not be floating like that. Can you check to make sure that the axle is properly in position? I would also check to make sure that the slider is not lifting the bogie off the tracks. If possible, can you take a photo of the bogie from the side when the coach is lying on it's side, as well as a photo of the underside of the coach taken from beneath the slider? Was the axle lifting off the rails before you turned the bogies around?
You can just attach the photos to the post using the "Attach files" feature.

Regards

Mike C

Ok, I'll upload them to flickr as they don't have any file size limits. It's not the bogie with the slider but the one in the front which doesn't even have couplings. Thanks for your help guys, really appreciated. http://www.flickr.com/photos/80970834@N06/
Offline mike c  
#10 Posted : 26 December 2012 21:10:10(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
The front axle has a contact built onto the shaft which determines whether the lights are white or red, depending on whether the contact is made with the pin attached to the bogie. It appears to me that this assembly may be out of position, which would prevent the axle from properly sitting on the rails. I have the 43305, 42178 and 43410 pilot coaches which have a similar mechanism, but it would probably be best to have the actual model in hand for comparison. Check to ensure that the metal plate attached to the axle has play when moving in one direction and that it is not always contacting the little pin. Looking at my 42178, it is hard to tell exactly what the problem is.
Do you have a Maerklin dealer in your area who could inspect it or do you know of other forum members in your area?

You can also try asking service(at)maerklin.de to see what they suggest.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mike c
Offline kbvrod  
#11 Posted : 26 December 2012 22:17:31(UTC)
kbvrod

United States   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
The front axle has a contact built onto the shaft which determines whether the lights are white or red, depending on whether the contact is made with the pin attached to the bogie. It appears to me that this assembly may be out of position, which would prevent the axle from properly sitting on the rails. I have the 43305, 42178 and 43410 pilot coaches which have a similar mechanism, but it would probably be best to have the actual model in hand for comparison. Check to ensure that the metal plate attached to the axle has play when moving in one direction and that it is not always contacting the little pin. Looking at my 42178, it is hard to tell exactly what the problem is.
Do you have a Maerklin dealer in your area who could inspect it or do you know of other forum members in your area?

You can also try asking service(at)maerklin.de to see what they suggest.

Regards

Mike C

Hi all,
Good call Mike!The contact has to have balance,that is enough contact on the axle's but not to inhibit them.

Dr D
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kbvrod
Offline BigJeffyLawd  
#12 Posted : 26 December 2012 22:52:21(UTC)
BigJeffyLawd

United Kingdom   
Thanks, very helpful, will do