Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mbarreto  
#1 Posted : 21 December 2012 19:33:26(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

Hi all,

It seems Märklin is reducing strongly the spare parts available for the locomotives.
Compare for example the 37965 to 37968. The listed parts for the 37968 are approximately 25% of the 37965.
This is inline with the parts for the older locomotives not being available, although listed.
I don't know if they are just not available to public or if Mrklin is not making stock of them.
I understand it may be very expensive for them to keep the parts, but it was a great plus of Märklin. Well... it seems it was...

Why did I notice this? I was thinking in convert a 3796 to add a Loksound and wanted to change some parts of the loco. I can do
the conversion anyway, but need to change the parts manually to fit the loudspeaker.

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 21 December 2012 20:18:46(UTC)
H0

Hi!

This was discussed before. Now they combine spare parts in goodie bags. IIRC this started early this year (or was it already in 2011?).
Recently I needed a new buffer for an Re 460: 15 Euro (for two front skirts and four buffers).
For other locos you get 10 buffers in a bag. Or 20 screws.

In the Märklin shop, try the old number with an "E" in front.

Some dealers may sell them in smaller quantities.

And spare parts with a red traffic light in the explosion diagram screen will be available again. Only the grey traffic light indicates items that are gone for good.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline mbarreto  
#3 Posted : 21 December 2012 21:44:03(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply. I understand and agree with you relative to have to order a bag with several pieces of the same part number, I just fear some parts are not orderable anymore. I will try as you say, with the E.

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline mike c  
#4 Posted : 21 December 2012 22:45:37(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I noticed that for some new models, eg the new 37324 Re 6/6, the locomotive body is no longer available as a spare part. Then again, parts like that used to cost almost as much as the whole lok.

Regards

Mike C