Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline danmarklinman  
#1 Posted : 31 October 2012 14:40:02(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
can anyone tell me were i can get to better correct pantographs for my SNCB 186 and my 185 traxx for use in France please.
Marklin and Piko era 4 SNCB , Marklin wagons
Wiking model car Fan
Faller fan including car system
Instagram: marklin1978
Wiking fan
Offline mike c  
#2 Posted : 01 November 2012 09:14:46(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
ACME and Roco both make more detailed models of Traxx locomotives. I cannot guarantee that the pantographs for those models will correspond to the mounting screws and supports for the Maerklin model. The Maerklin pantographs are made for Maerklin by Sommerfeldt. One thing that I can suggest is perhaps changing the wipers, which will at least create the appearance of the lok having the different pantograph types used in different countries.

The site www.railcolor.net has a lot of information about these lok types, including diagrams and details about the pantographs.

The ACME pantographs can be found here: http://eyro.ch/onlinesho...dex.php?cPath=53_518_524
More detail can be found at www.acmetreni.it

Eyro also announces that they stock Roco spare parts.

Regards

Mike C
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mike c
H0
Offline danmarklinman  
#3 Posted : 03 November 2012 18:11:17(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Thanks but i like Marklin and i want to stick with it as i like the metal bodys! and looking at them again, i will stick with what i have got tar
Wiking model car Fan
Wiking fan
Offline mike c  
#4 Posted : 03 November 2012 23:34:04(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Not quite sure what you were trying to say. My comment was only about replacing the pantographs with the ones by other manufacturers. I don't get how metal bodies come into it at all.

Sommerfeldt makes an assortment of pantograph blades which can be mounted on their various models. You can create an appearance that approximates the versions for different countries by installing blades which are of different size or shape.

Regards

Mike C
Offline danmarklinman  
#5 Posted : 04 November 2012 14:27:02(UTC)
danmarklinman

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: mike c Go to Quoted Post
Not quite sure what you were trying to say. My comment was only about replacing the pantographs with the ones by other manufacturers. I don't get how metal bodies come into it at all.

Sommerfeldt makes an assortment of pantograph blades which can be mounted on their various models. You can create an appearance that approximates the versions for different countries by installing blades which are of different size or shape.

Regards

Mike C

Sorry didn't reed your comment properly! I am aware that ether company's make more detailed models than Marklin and they are sometimes even cheaper such as Piko. Thank you for your help it is appreciated.But i wont be putting new pantos etc on my models, because when you start looking at your Models i get sometimes a little nit picky. this can start you to pick fault with what you have and what you have made. So i have decided not to nitpick anymore and just enjoy colletcing and playing with Marklin. Marklin have made models over the years which created a cult following if you like, This appears to still be enjoyed, by many all over the world. There is also anther type of Marklin follower who strives for greater detail and will add Roco etc to there model layout. This is fine by me, please don't get me wrong but i am a little fed up with people pointing out that there are faults with Marklin models as Marklin i believe have always given a image of a train set not super detailed cabinet fillers. cheers Dan
Wiking model car Fan
Wiking fan
Offline RayF  
#6 Posted : 04 November 2012 16:28:09(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Hi Dan,

I'm totally with you on your attitude to Marklin. However, if you would like to improve the look of the pantographs you can stay with Marklin products and just get the spares for another Marklin loco that might be more correct with its pantographs.

I tend to keep the locos more or less as they are when I buy them, apart from converting them to digital so I can run them on my layout. I know that sometimes the details are not strictly correct, and Marklin make more than their fair share of compromises, but the overall effect is usually very good. I have a few non-Marklin locos, and they are OK, but the Marklin ones are better!
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline H0  
#7 Posted : 04 November 2012 19:53:47(UTC)
H0

Hi, Dan,

Märklin buy their pantographs from Sommerfeldt. You can buy wipers and pantographs from Sommerfeldt (as Mike C already pointed out).
I got a pair of DC wipers for my Märklin 189 - thus freeing a pair of narrow AC wipers that I now use with my Re 460.
The DC wipers are not really correct for BR 189 or BR 186, but still better than the AC wipers used by Märklin IMHO.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0