Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline verheyen  
#51 Posted : 14 March 2005 16:38:27(UTC)
verheyen

Isn't Roco's 'insider' item the Airport Express?

p.

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by McLae
<br />I showed my wife the Insider flyer today with the new Zug. She said "Four coaches. Doesn't that look like the Airport Express I got you?" I said yes.
(Lufthansa Express, many moons agobiggrin)

&lt;snip&gt;

On the other hand, the 'insider' items from Roco look more interesting.wink
Offline stephenbb  
#52 Posted : 15 March 2005 00:51:38(UTC)
stephenbb

It finally arrieved. Insider 1/2005 and the order form. Also today a seperate renewal formletter from M with the email address for renewing at 85US.
Stephen
Stephen(USA)
ETE,NMRA,MEA
Offline verheyen  
#53 Posted : 15 March 2005 04:28:29(UTC)
verheyen

Got my German language Märklin Magazin today. First impression is that it's bit better than the English, but still fluffy and light on content. Since it's paid for through '05 I'll continue, but wait to see how the new look develops over the year.

Not thrilled though.

p.
Offline xxup  
#54 Posted : 15 March 2005 11:30:48(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by stephenbb
<br />It finally arrived...

Great news! Needless to day the canoe has not arrived down here, but my guess is that they are paddling like mad through cyclone Ingrid.. [:(]
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Australia flag by abFlags.com
Offline HueyCE  
#55 Posted : 15 March 2005 12:21:17(UTC)
HueyCE

So how many of our "Crocodile" enthusiasts will be going on the Gotthard trip?

Ira
Building German Era I-II layout(Mk IIIc).UserPostedImage

Offline stephenbb  
#56 Posted : 16 March 2005 04:41:46(UTC)
stephenbb

If the new magazine is light the next issue their will be second thoughts about a renewal.At 85 US their wan't much to encourage a renewal.
Stephen
Stephen(USA)
ETE,NMRA,MEA
Offline stenscience  
#57 Posted : 17 March 2005 02:07:30(UTC)
stenscience

It looks like I am going to be part of the Outsider club after all.
I got a renewal notice today. Like others, it asks me to renew by Feb 18th, although today is March 16. The envelope shows a postmark of Feb 2, but the postage indicated showed that they did not put on overseas postage. I live in New York-it should not take 6 weeks for a letter to reach me from Germany.
My real gripe is that I started my membership in October of 2003, and renewed in Oct of 2004. Why do they want me to renew in Feb.? If the membership is on a calendar year basis, then either they owe me the issues from early 2003 or they needed to prorate my membership. This was not clear when I joined, and I am not a stupid person.If it was a calendar year membership, then why was last years renewal based on the month I had actually joined?
Further, they want $85 US. I am pretty much done with this company as far as any feeling that they have any concern for the customer.
Offline HueyCE  
#58 Posted : 17 March 2005 03:29:29(UTC)
HueyCE

I live in Connecticut and haven't gotten my renewal notice yet. When my relatives over in Germany ship me stuff I usually get it in about 5-7 days, 6 weeks plus for a letter is ridiculous.

Ira

Offline stephenbb  
#59 Posted : 17 March 2005 16:09:30(UTC)
stephenbb

Ira,
My renewal came in the mail on Monday in a seperate mailing from M. I also received the same day my "Insider"
Stephen
Stephen(USA)
ETE,NMRA,MEA
Offline stenscience  
#60 Posted : 18 March 2005 01:16:00(UTC)
stenscience

I wonder, how many forum members have their "anniversary" in midyear or later and have received renewal notices for February as I did? Does anyone know what M* is doing here? Are they trying to convert everyone to a calendar year basis, or do they simply have their heads firmly planted in the fundament?
They have not responded to my first email yet-I will give it a few more days before I get nasty with them ( i was polite in the first, only asking if they had lost their minds). I would appreciate hearing the thoughts of any forum members who received renewal notices months ahead of when their membership should lapse.
Offline john black  
#61 Posted : 18 March 2005 01:54:50(UTC)
john black

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by stenscience
<br />I would appreciate hearing the thoughts of any forum members

George: Receive it every New Years Day - the notice for the Outsider Club [:p]

Best Regards,
John

I hope no one visits a poor Southener's layout in Brooklyn. Intruders beware of Gators.
AT&SF, D&RGW, T&P, SP, WP, UP, BN, NYC, ARR, epI-III - analog & digital Marklin Classics only.
CU#6021 FX-MOTOROLA DIGITAL SYSTEM. Fast as lightning and no trouble. What else ...
Outlaw Member of BIG JUHAN's OUTSIDER CLUB. With the most members, worldwide

Offline HueyCE  
#62 Posted : 18 March 2005 03:14:48(UTC)
HueyCE

I finally got my renewal notice today. I have joined George in sending an e-mail to Mother M*. I am curious to see as to wether or not I get a response.confused I would be due for renewal in May so they are not that early with wanting me to renew, considering magazine companies usually send out subscribtion renwal notices two or three months early, but to send out a notice that doesn't arrive untill a month after the renewal date is shoddy customer service.[V]

Ira

Offline stenscience  
#63 Posted : 23 March 2005 22:40:33(UTC)
stenscience

Hey Ira, did you get a response yet? Has anyone? I sent a second email and got a mailer demon saying it was undeliverable. Posted my rant in another topic, but I am basically done with the company.
Offline HueyCE  
#64 Posted : 24 March 2005 03:49:59(UTC)
HueyCE

No, I have not received a response yet.

Ira

Offline xxup  
#65 Posted : 24 March 2005 09:59:30(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Yep... Nothing down here and cyclone Ingrid faded away a week ago.... But the dealer did get some stock of the catalogue...
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Offline Munich 1860  
#66 Posted : 26 March 2005 02:27:30(UTC)
Munich 1860

Germany   
Adrian,

I didn't want to post this under your newly installed thread, as I have received my insider news. But: what about collecting all complaints and then send them to Märklin, by mail, as a proper letter, in German ?? Maybe that would help a little, considering their obvious trouble (discussed elsewhere) in translating the catalog from German into English ....
I like M-track and my things that run on it were built between 1959 and 1972.
Offline verheyen  
#67 Posted : 26 March 2005 02:37:22(UTC)
verheyen

Wer's glaubt ist selig.

p.

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Munich 1860
<br />Adrian,

I didn't want to post this under your newly installed thread, as I have received my insider news. But: what about collecting all complaints and then send them to Märklin, by mail, as a proper letter, in German ?? Maybe that would help a little, considering their obvious trouble (discussed elsewhere) in translating the catalog from German into English ....
Offline xxup  
#68 Posted : 26 March 2005 02:51:45(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Quote:
<br />But: what about collecting all complaints and then send them to Märklin, by mail, as a proper letter, in German ??...

Excellent idea.. Are you able to help us with the translation? I can get somewhere with Babel fish, but the last thing I need to do is confuse them further...

Part of the reason that I have done the separate posting is to fond out who else has seen nothing - just in case I am the last one in the whole world to get anything... [:I]
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Offline HueyCE  
#69 Posted : 26 March 2005 03:02:12(UTC)
HueyCE

I sent them my message in German and I haven't recieved a response yet. Das ist unverschämt. However feel free to add my name to the letter.

Ira

Offline Munich 1860  
#70 Posted : 27 March 2005 15:03:40(UTC)
Munich 1860

Germany   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by xxup
[br

Excellent idea.. Are you able to help us with the translation? I can get somewhere with Babel fish, but the last thing I need to do is confuse them further...

Part of the reason that I have done the separate posting is to find out who else has seen nothing - just in case I am the last one in the whole world to get anything... [:I]
Hello Adrian,

sure I will help you, no problem at all. And although Peter Verheyen thinks that writing letters to Märklin is all in vain ("wer's glaubt ist selig" ...), which basically is correct, I have to say that I wrote to Märklin about a very similar problem last year, and it was all sorted out very quickly.

Tell me when you will go ahead with this !!!

Johann
I like M-track and my things that run on it were built between 1959 and 1972.
Offline xxup  
#71 Posted : 27 March 2005 18:04:32(UTC)
xxup

Australia   
Quote:
<br />Tell me when you will go ahead with this !!!

Thanks Johann.. I will wait a little longer to see how many others in this group have received nothing or just a renewal notice (or two).. I also don't want to upset Marklin if it is just (say) Australia and New Zealand, as it might only be a shipping problem (8 weeks is normal [:(] for sea freight down to here and absolutely everything that comes into this country is scanned, sniffed, shaken and sometimes even openned..) Makes it slow, but at least we are bomb free, pest free and we seem to be winning the drugs war (so far!).. [^]
Adrian
UserPostedImage
Offline verheyen  
#72 Posted : 27 March 2005 18:40:55(UTC)
verheyen

Unfortunately it is an aweful lot of people, all over, including Germany that are having problems with the mailings.

Cheers, p.

Quote:
<br />
Quote:
<br />
Tell me when you will go ahead with this !!!

Thanks Johann.. I will wait a little longer to see how many others in this group have received nothing or just a renewal notice (or two).
Offline rschaffr  
#73 Posted : 28 March 2005 03:02:32(UTC)
rschaffr

United States   
Although I did finally receive my insider package and several weeks later received my Insider invoice (several weeks after the due date), I did weaken and renew online through Marklin.com. I am, however, interested in expressing my displeasure with the way this matter was handled by Marklin. One would hope that a group complaint from this forum would carry more weight than individual complaints. Count me in.
-Ron
Digital, Epoch IV-V(K-track/CS3/6021Connect/60216051), Epoch III(C-track/6021/6036/6051)
http://www.sem-co.com/~rschaffr/trains/trains.html
Offline john black  
#74 Posted : 29 March 2005 10:02:55(UTC)
john black

United States   
Quote:
<br />we seem to be winning the drugs war (so far!) [^]

Now it's my turn for an "Wer's glaubt wird selig" ... [xx(]

John

I hope no one visits a poor Southener's layout in Brooklyn. Intruders beware of Gators.
AT&SF, D&RGW, T&P, SP, WP, UP, BN, NYC, ARR, epI-III - analog & digital Marklin Classics only.
CU#6021 FX-MOTOROLA DIGITAL SYSTEM. Fast as lightning and no trouble. What else ...

Offline steventrain  
#75 Posted : 29 March 2005 18:49:10(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
EUROPE RECIVED THE MAGAZINE AND USA RECIVED MAGAZINE FOUR WEEKS LATER![:0]
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline HueyCE  
#76 Posted : 14 May 2005 06:41:21(UTC)
HueyCE

I have finally gotten a reply from Märklin to the e-mail I sent on the 18 of March.[:0]

Dear Sir,

we are sorry that you recieved the mailing too late. We underestimated the mailing delay. Of course, we honor payments arrived later than this payment deadline. You won't miss any issue. Thank you for your understanding. We will be faster in the future.

We hope we will meet your expectations in 2005 in the club.

Best regards
Märklin-Insider-Team

Gebr. Märklin & Cie. GmbH
D 73037 Göppingen
Holzheimer Str. 8
Telefon +49 7161 / 608-222
Telefax +49 7161 / 608-308
E-Mail: insider@maerklin.de

Is it just me or does thier Insider-Team need to work on thier customer service skills just a bit more?[8] The fact that the e-mail I sent was written in German seems to have escaped them.[B)] Granted the e-mail came from the US, but that certainly doesn't guarantee that the sender speaks English. Not that either one of these things is a major deal(especailly after getting my MSbiggrin,that is another topic) but it is a little irritating.[:(]

Ira

Offline stenscience  
#77 Posted : 15 May 2005 17:16:16(UTC)
stenscience

Hey Ira (and others),
I also finally received a response last week to my email (sent March 17th). It is so absurd that I just have to laugh. I will post the response; the gist of it is that they are totally clueless.
They apologized for the delay in the renewal notice, but offered no explanation.
They said that the increase in Insider dues was in part to improve customer service. This is where I began laughing (almost 2 months to reply to an email?)
Regarding the renewal notice sent even though I am paid through October 2005-the person stated a) that they were changing systems, and b) they think I might be in error...The implication is that I am trying to get over on them by claiming an extension that they do not have records to support.
These f****** pissants just don't get it. I am paid through October, I can prove it, and NOBODY questions my integrity and gets a free pass.I would have let this drop but for the last point. Any lawyers out there?
Here is the text of the reply and my original inquiry:
Dear Sir,

1) We are sorry that you recieved the mailing too late. We underestimated the mailing delay. Of course, we honor payments arrived later than this payment deadline. You won't miss any issue. Thank you for your understanding.

2) Additional services are the DVD and the annual car that are now included in the membership. We will assure that future mailings arrive in time.

3) Did you renew in October 2004 for an other year? We are right now just in transition of systems and therefore may have missed this information, altough this seems strange.

We hope to fulfill your expectations in the club services in 2005.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Best regards
Märklin-Insider-Team

Gebr. Märklin & Cie. GmbH
D 73037 Göppingen
Holzheimer Str. 8
Telefon +49 7161 / 608-222
Telefax +49 7161 / 608-308
E-Mail: insider@maerklin.de

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: *********[***********]
Veröffentlicht um: Donnerstag, 17. März 2005 01:28
Veröffentlicht in: Posteingang Clubs
Unterhaltung: Club renewal-have you lost your minds?
Betreff: Club renewal-have you lost your minds?

Dear "Your Marklin Insider Team",

I received an invoice today for renewal of membership. You have apparently changed my membership number. The new number is listed as *******. My old number is *****.
I request that you respond to the following:
1) I received the notice today, March 16th, and I can prove this. I am directed to respond by Feb 18th. How am I supposed to respond in this manner, and why did you put so little postage on the letter so that it took 6 weeks to arrive in New York City?
2) Why have the dues increased so much given that you are incapable of ensuring that the magazines arrive in reasonable time? Issue 1 (2005) arrived on March 9. Dues have more than doubled and I see no improvement in service.
3)I joined the Club in October of 2003, and renewed in October of 2004. By my calculation, my membership still has 8 months to go before renewal. Why are you asking me to renew now? If you are converting to a calendar basis, then you owe me either the back issues for Jan-Sept 2003 or a prorated refund with interest. Alternatively, you can continue my membership until October of 2005. I paid my membership in good faith and the principles of good faith contracts apply in the EU as well as the US.
Offline john black  
#78 Posted : 17 May 2005 12:20:52(UTC)
john black

United States   
Quote:
<br />These f****** pissants just don't get it

Unbelievable [xx(] ... Better forget 'em, George Smile

John

Offline steventrain  
#79 Posted : 18 May 2005 23:14:19(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Quote:
<br />

These f****** pissants just don't get it.

[:0]Take no note!
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.