Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline midwestbls  
#1 Posted : 08 July 2012 19:54:49(UTC)
midwestbls

United States   
Not sure if this is best here or layout planning, but as it has to do with setting up my Memory (built into Intellibox) I'll ask here:

I am in the process of setting up several Routes in and out of my station and wondered if there is, of if anyone has some good suggestions about how to number, organize the Route numbers (e.g., different Group #s, odd-inbound, even-outbound, etc.). Is there any "convention" for numbering/organizing Routes? I realize there may be as many as there are model railroaders, but some ideas would be helpful.

The IB has 3 "Groups" of 16 "Routes" each, so I can use the groups to organize as well.

I'm loosely basing the station around Brig (BLS). I've attached current station plan - station tracks are numbered from bottom up 1-6 like the Brig convention from station building out. Currently there is a loop "South" to/from Italy, and "North" to/from Brig. SBB line is not complete to the "West".

I have a two-line main from/to the "North" (direction Bern). Inbound track can go to 3 station tracks (3 Routes needed). 3 station tracks can feed the outbound line (3 Routes needed). Plus 2 more "through" Routes inbound to outbound "South" & inbound to outbound "North" for non-stop freight. (There are 4 total "BLS" station tracks, #s 1 & 4 are one-direction only for now - my numbering convention should reserve one or two more Route #s each direction.)

"South" (Direction Italy) is the same outbound: 3 station tracks feed the outbound line (3 Routes needed).

Inbound from the "South" is a little different feeding 5 station tracks: 2 for SBB "West" + the 3 for BLS "North"

Finally I have from/to the "West" (SBB) - this is not yet complete, but will have a full crossover so in and out can share either station track. Two-track main coming into 2 station tracks (May eventually have a 3rd "passing/freight" track between two platform tracks). So that's 2 possible inbound Routes from the "West" and 2 outbound routes to the "South".

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

- Bill
ETE - Swiss Era III - BLS - Brig Station
Offline midwestbls  
#2 Posted : 08 July 2012 21:52:21(UTC)
midwestbls

United States   
... here is my first attempt. I've kept these organized in groups of 4 since that's how the Memory keys of the IB layout: 4 rows of 4 (16 Routes per Group). Labels are color-coded for Inbound, Outbound, and Thru routes, arrows show direction as well and labels are placed to the left of the track like a signal for Swiss left-hand-running:

- Bill
ETE - Swiss Era III - BLS - Brig Station