Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline midwestbls  
#1 Posted : 08 July 2012 04:48:41(UTC)
midwestbls

United States   
I realize this may have been dealt with years ago, but I simply can't find a reference easily. The page & 1/2 of instructions are very vague and general.

I have an IB with "Memory" - route control. I have a number of turnouts (C-track) motorized and digitized. I can figure out how to program a route in memory (Group + route #), but I can not figure out how to RECALL a route and get it to execute.

I'm in memory mode (MEMO), in Group 1, and I should just be able to select the route ...

Can anyone help?

- Bill
ETE - Swiss Era III - BLS - Brig Station
Offline efel  
#2 Posted : 08 July 2012 14:40:07(UTC)
efel

France   
Hi,
You have just to press the key of the "digital" key board corresponding to the route number in the selected group.

Be carefull: Key 1,2,3 correspond to route 1,2,3, but key "C" is route #4, key 4 is route#5 and so on. You have to imagine the # of the route:
1st line, from left to right: route# 1 to 4
2d line, from left to right: route# 5 to 8

and so on...

Not very user-friendly

Fred

Offline midwestbls  
#3 Posted : 08 July 2012 17:06:45(UTC)
midwestbls

United States   
Thanks, Fred. I get that part, even tried it that way, but the route does not trigger. I can fire each of the turnouts digitally in Keyboard mode, so I know they are working and getting commands.

Maybe it's how I'm programming the routes and the "steps" in Memory?

- Bill
Offline efel  
#4 Posted : 08 July 2012 17:28:31(UTC)
efel

France   
Are the routes you have programmed kept in memory?
Offline midwestbls  
#5 Posted : 08 July 2012 19:16:36(UTC)
midwestbls

United States   
I FIGURED IT OUT! It was how I was entering the Steps.

Each route has 10 "steps". They are 0-9. 0 is technically #1 (not #10) - again, not very user friendly. I started my sequence with Step 1, since there was nothing entered for 0, the route couldn't start. When I re-programmed the route with 0 as the 1st Step it worked!

It's confusing because you can enter "0" as one of the turnout #s in a Step to insert a pause (length set in Special Options). But the turnout # is set after the Step #. Hit [ENTER] after each entry, after the last Step in the route when it goes to the next step #, simply hit [MENU] to exit.

The Memory has 3 Groups. Each Group can have 16 Routes. Each Route can have 10 steps (a pause = a step). But you can have more Steps in a Route if use your last Step to "jump" to a new Route (designated by Group # + Route #).

- Bill