Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Torstein  
#1 Posted : 03 April 2012 14:39:38(UTC)
Torstein

Norway   
Hello gentlemen, please give a advice/tips if possible.

My old CS was broken and as I only run digital locomotives and the layout is analog I install two MS 60653 connected to the box 60113 and thought I will get 20 ready to run locomotives on the layout. But no, the mfx decoders mess it up.

I understand as follow for the mfx:

First - you cannot have the same locomotive on both MS - the locomotive will not response.

Second - the space for read card (11) will pick up a mfx decoder (anyone) and connect it. When the layout is turned on again the space is empty. When both MS are looking for locomotives - they respond - no answer from mfx decoder - and I must shut it off.

I have looked true the forum but I do not see any tread about this. Are the some rules for connecting two MS to this box?

Torstein
Offline Joseph Meiring  
#2 Posted : 03 April 2012 15:28:24(UTC)
Joseph Meiring

South Africa   
Originally Posted by: Torstein Go to Quoted Post
Hello gentlemen, please give a advice/tips if possible.

My old CS was broken and as I only run digital locomotives and the layout is analog I install two MS 60653 connected to the box 60113 and thought I will get 20 ready to run locomotives on the layout. But no, the mfx decoders mess it up.

I understand as follow for the mfx:

First - you cannot have the same locomotive on both MS - the locomotive will not response.

Second - the space for read card (11) will pick up a mfx decoder (anyone) and connect it. When the layout is turned on again the space is empty. When both MS are looking for locomotives - they respond - no answer from mfx decoder - and I must shut it off.

I have looked true the forum but I do not see any tread about this. Are the some rules for connecting two MS to this box?

Torstein

As far as I know, one MS2 must be connected as the "Master", the 2nd MS2 must be set as the "Slave".
The "newer" 60653 handbook has a full section explaining how this must be done.
You can load locos on the "Slave", but then it will obviously not respond on the "Master".
I'm sure some experts on our Forum will know how this is done! I have not tried 2 MS2's on the connector box yet.
If you like, I can scan the relevant section and maybe e mail it to you - let me know.
But this can only be done tomorrow....
Joe
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 03 April 2012 16:28:56(UTC)
H0

Hi, Torstein,

IIRC co-operation between two MS2s works better since software 1.5 (slave can copy locos from the master). Using two MS2s with software 1.3 didn't do much good.
Since software 1.64 the Master MS2 stores a list of up to 40 locomotives which is shared with the slave.

There's a bug in the MS2 software: make sure slot 11 is free before you power off your MS2.

Which software version(s) do you have on your MS2s?
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Torstein  
#4 Posted : 03 April 2012 17:20:57(UTC)
Torstein

Norway   
Hello Joe and Tom - thank,s for the answers.

Yes, I understand the master/slave now - it is simelar as for my old CS1 and MS1 as a slave. As I have verson 1.3 it means I still only have 10 loc in memory in master/slave operation. If I only use one MS at the time, I have 20 loc ready in memory in a plug in/out situation.

Yes Joe - please send me the instruction for this when you have time. Thank you.

Torstein
Offline Joseph Meiring  
#5 Posted : 03 April 2012 20:38:59(UTC)
Joseph Meiring

South Africa   
....I also only have version 1.3....(on my start set MS2 its version 1.1!)....so how does one obtain the later software?....
Joe
Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 04 April 2012 00:19:15(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Joe Meiring Go to Quoted Post
so how does one obtain the later software?
Software updates for MS2 can be transferred from CS2 to MS2 or from MS2 (*) to MS2.

(*) This requires software 1.81 on the MS2; maybe this will work only if the MS2 was updated directly from a CS2.

So visit friendly dealers, friends, or club meetings where you can update your MS2.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Joseph Meiring  
#7 Posted : 04 April 2012 08:34:29(UTC)
Joseph Meiring

South Africa   
thanks Tom......................James, my friend, if you reading this, when can I can come see your newly acquired CS2!!!.......