Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline KingBuick  
#1 Posted : 12 February 2012 20:31:54(UTC)
KingBuick

Hi everyone. I'm sorry to say, but I am having huge trouble with getting the CS2. I've asked tons of dealers, and not one of them has it. I'd hate to use Ebay as a last resort.

However, I have found on Modellbahn Collector's website the 29680 Swiss Mega Digital Starter Set. It has 60212, but I don't know what software version it has. It's from 2007.

Do any of you have it? Is it a good deal? I already have a 60212, so I'd only get this set if it has new software. If so, does it come with wires in the track turnouts. I'd like to control them digitally.

Cheers!

Tadzio.
Permanent C-Track Layout controlled with 60215 CS2 with version 1 software. Locos and rolling stock from Eras II-IV.
My YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/KingBuick/ .
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KingBuick
Twitter: https://twitter.com/King_Buick
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 12 February 2012 21:25:17(UTC)
H0

Hi!
The CS1 comes with software 2.0.3 (free update to 2.0.4 available on the net). Turnout motors and decoders are included.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Jeremy Palmer  
#3 Posted : 12 February 2012 23:19:49(UTC)
Jeremy Palmer

Barbados   
Hi Tadzio,

That set was originally about US$1750.00, Will has it at a kick ass price. You already know Ed and Will well
enough to be aware that anything from them will be top notch...........................

Jeremy.
Jeremy.

1). If at first you don't succeed, bungee jumping mightn't be for you.
2). The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second rat that gets the cheese.
Offline KingBuick  
#4 Posted : 13 February 2012 00:13:44(UTC)
KingBuick

Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi!
The CS1 comes with software 2.0.3 (free update to 2.0.4 available on the net). Turnout motors and decoders are included.

Are you positive? Because the dealer doesn't really know. He says that the manual that comes with the starter set for the CS1 is called "Central Station with Update". And in fact he does say it has 2.0 software.

Cheers!

Tadzio.
Permanent C-Track Layout controlled with 60215 CS2 with version 1 software. Locos and rolling stock from Eras II-IV.
Offline KingBuick  
#5 Posted : 13 February 2012 00:15:35(UTC)
KingBuick

Originally Posted by: Jeremy Palmer Go to Quoted Post
Hi Tadzio,

That set was originally about US$1750.00, Will has it at a kick ass price. You already know Ed and Will well
enough to be aware that anything from them will be top notch...........................

Jeremy.

You're correct. They never cease to amaze me with all the great items they get. They've my favorite dealer by far!

Cheers!

Tadzio.
Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 13 February 2012 00:16:45(UTC)
H0

AFAIK all CS1 with update came with 2.0.3. Mine is from a starter set and it had 2.0.3.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Janne75  
#7 Posted : 15 April 2012 22:46:36(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hello all,

I won today an eBay auction of this 29680 Swiss Mega Digital Starter set. It is without CS 1 (60212), but includes the 60 VA transformer for that. I have already an CS 2 (60214) from 29500 digital Mega Starter set. Also this 29680 is without the more expensive crocodile locomotive , but I have many of different crocodiles. My 3756.1 is an good alternative or 39565. I have even an 3056 with 60901 so that crocodile missing is not a big deal for me. That other locomotive Ae 6/6 is included. Also all those 11,4 metres of C-track with digitally controllable turnouts. All other wagons are included, but one 1. class passenger car is missing.

Then the price for these like new nice items...with original package:

284 euro + shipping costs 22 euro = 306 euro!

Not bad as only all those C-tracks with digital turnouts cost more than this. That Ae 6/6 + those wagons must also have some value + that 60 VA transformer.

I am really happy that I won this auction. My swiss collection gets again bigger with one nice locomotive (even "only" with c90 decoder and not C-sinus) + swiss wagons. =)

Best regards,

Janne
Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Janne75
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#8 Posted : 16 April 2012 02:44:20(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: KingBuick Go to Quoted Post
Are you positive? Because the dealer doesn't really know. He says that the manual that comes with the starter set for the CS1 is called "Central Station with Update". And in fact he does say it has 2.0 software.

Get the dealer to check underneath the CS1. A CS1 that has been updated to v2.0.x will have a red sticker with 2.0 printed on the sticker, stuck to the bottom of the CS1. An updated CS1 will also have extra green connections for S88 and booster connections that will not be present on a v1.x CS1.
Get them to take photos of it and post the photos here. We will soon know from them what version it is.