Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Armando  
#1 Posted : 05 January 2012 21:08:59(UTC)
Armando

United States   
Hi all,

I'm hopelessly trying to find two spare parts that I need to repair my BR 01 (39010). As luck would have it, they are showing "no longer available" on the Maerklin.de website. The part numbers are:

343620 - Zylinder - Recht (right-side cylinder)
343640 - Zylinder - Links (left-side cylinder)

The same parts apply for similar models, such as 39015 and Trix 22020.

Does anyone know of a store -anywhere- that might carry an inventory of spare parts?

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Best regards,
Armando García

Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 05 January 2012 21:31:55(UTC)
H0

Hi, Armando,

I think you can try the cylinders from #39011, #39013, or #39014 - those are still available.
While 013 and 014 have manufacturer plates printed on the cylinders, the 011 seems to have black cylinders that should also fit on the 39010 loco (I don't know if there are any differences).
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Armando  
#3 Posted : 06 January 2012 00:24:57(UTC)
Armando

United States   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, Armando,

I think you can try the cylinders from #39011, #39013, or #39014 - those are still available.
While 013 and 014 have manufacturer plates printed on the cylinders, the 011 seems to have black cylinders that should also fit on the 39010 loco (I don't know if there are any differences).

Thank you, Tom. I will write a note to Märklin Kunden-Service and ask if any of those can be used on 39010.
Best regards,
Armando García

Offline Armando  
#4 Posted : 10 January 2012 00:52:56(UTC)
Armando

United States   
It's been so far totally frustrating with the factory to try to get these parts that I need.

Ms Brenda Hensleigh at Marklin.com has been very kind and diligent in assisting me with communicating with the factory in Germany, albeit in vain. I will have to order the same part for another locomotive (39011), which fortunately is still available, and then repaint it for use on mine (39010). And so life goes on...

I would like to convey some information that Miss Brenda wrote for me. It could be enlightening for some of you:

"Märklin is in the process of streamlining their spare parts assortment, which means some parts are being discontinued when they run out. The most commonly ordered spare parts are being reorganized with an “E” in front of the part number and they are being sold in packs, such as a 4/Pk or 10/Pk, etc. So, if you come across a discontinued part always check the part number with an “E” in front of it because it may have been re-numbered."

"...One of the phases of the parts restructuring includes the factory selling trim parts unpainted, which means the dealers and consumers will be painting the parts."

"...The factory is focusing on providing the most popular spare parts, and the mechanical parts and decoders to keep the locomotives running. There will be less emphasis and investment in keeping trim parts in inventory."

Hope this helps. I wonder if Märklin.de will also (one fine day) provide a list of paint manufactures and reference numbers for the right shade of color to use.

Best regards,
Armando García

Offline DV  
#5 Posted : 10 January 2012 01:16:29(UTC)
DV

Australia   
Armando,

first let me say that what I know about Märklin spares you can write on the back of a postage stamp in capital letters.LOL

BUT.

Have you tried Eckerts-Marklin-Trains-and-Parts, which can be found on ebay and are situated in the US.

If you have, and got no results, then ignore my suggestionBigGrin

By the way the V200 will get its' run this Friday night and will be videoed. Stay tuned.
Dusan V
'I find your lack of faith (in Märklin) disturbing'
Offline Armando  
#6 Posted : 10 January 2012 03:48:38(UTC)
Armando

United States   
Originally Posted by: MMRCSA Go to Quoted Post
Armando,

Have you tried Eckerts-Marklin-Trains-and-Parts, which can be found on ebay and are situated in the US.

Hi Dusan, yes, I have: no results! Thank you!

Originally Posted by: MMRCSA Go to Quoted Post

By the way the V200 will get its' run this Friday night and will be videoed. Stay tuned.

I'll be looking forward to that video!!!!

Cheers,

Armando
Best regards,
Armando García

Offline NZMarklinist  
#7 Posted : 10 January 2012 04:56:02(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Armando Go to Quoted Post
It's been so far totally frustrating with the factory to try to get these parts that I need.

Ms Brenda Hensleigh at Marklin.com has been very kind and diligent in assisting me with communicating with the factory in Germany, albeit in vain. I will have to order the same part for another locomotive (39011), which fortunately is still available, and then repaint it for use on mine (39010). And so life goes on...

Hope this helps. I wonder if Märklin.de will also (one fine day) provide a list of paint manufactures and reference numbers for the right shade of color to use.

Hello Armando,
I am fortunate to own both of these '01s. Smile I have compared the cylinder Blocks on both and they are identical except the 39011 (EraII), has a makers plate stamped on the Cyl Blocks in gold paint ! If your spare parts of these, arrive with the makers plate, I would leave it as in reality the Loks would have all left the factory with them, just that by eraIII, after WWII,Scared with wear & tear they probably had fallen off or were removed during major overhauls. With the Mueseum Loks I've been lucky enough to see in person or in photos, they tend to have all the "bling" possible on them and it's conceivable some of the 01's made it into the 1960's still wearing their Makers Plate.
Otherwise a touch up with the right "Black" will erase them or if they're totally unpainted, you've got a wee project on your hands ! RollEyes

I too would love to know what paints to use, at least for the Black & Red Unsure

Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline Armando  
#8 Posted : 10 January 2012 17:27:16(UTC)
Armando

United States   
Originally Posted by: NZMarklinist Go to Quoted Post

I have compared the cylinder Blocks on both and they are identical except the 39011 (EraII), has a makers plate stamped on the Cyl Blocks in gold paint !

Apart from the maker's plate, there is a sort of pump on the upper side of the block. This will have to be removed from it in order to adapt it for era III (39010).

Originally Posted by: NZMarklinist Go to Quoted Post

Otherwise a touch up with the right "Black" will erase them or if they're totally unpainted.
I too would love to know what paints to use, at least for the Black & Red

I am trying to find out this information from the factory, about the right shade of black. However, they're so secretive about the paints that they use that I doubt that I will get any answer.

I very dark era has dawned for Märklinists, an era without spare parts!
Best regards,
Armando García