Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline KingBuick  
#1 Posted : 22 December 2011 04:21:40(UTC)
KingBuick

Hi everyone. I *might* get the 60215 CS2 in a few months. If I do, I might hook up my two Mobile Stations (60652 and 60653) to it.

I just have a question. Have any CS2 owners done this? If so, does it work well, and do you really need it?

Right now I just operate all my locos on my CS1, and it works fine without my two Mobile Stations.

If people are not having good luck with it on here, then I'll talk to two buyers who are interested in my two Mobile Stations.

Cheers!

Tadzio.
Permanent C-Track Layout controlled with 60215 CS2 with version 1 software. Locos and rolling stock from Eras II-IV.
My YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/user/KingBuick/ .
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KingBuick
Twitter: https://twitter.com/King_Buick
Offline DigitalNZ  
#2 Posted : 22 December 2011 06:30:46(UTC)
DigitalNZ

New Zealand   
Hi Tadzio,

We have CS2 (60214) and it works well with the original model Mobile Station, I can not comment on the latest Mobile Station. There are two ports to allow them to plug in directly into the front of the CS but I cant remember off the top of my head if you need the adapter cable, I have a sneaking suspicion that you do.
You can always plug in the Mobile stations via a terminal to either CS generation (with adapters), but I'm not sure if the MS2 will work with a CS1. The iPad app "Main Station" is excellent (I only got it 3 days ago) and "Mobile Station" app for your iPod touch is also really good too for when/if you get a CS2.

I have used a CS2, CS1 and MS1 together simultaneously and it is great being able to have the controllers in different locations or to avoid having to select a different locomotive.

It's great to see another young Apple and Märklin fan. (Im 17.)

Daniell
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 22 December 2011 09:47:16(UTC)
H0

Hi!

You can connect two MSs at the front (no adapter required) and a third one at the back (adapter required IIRC).
MS1 and MS2 will work.

Why? You could run the trains from the MSs while you have the layout or the accessories on the main screen. Or you can run four trains at the same time using four throttles.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline rjftrains  
#4 Posted : 24 December 2011 01:28:10(UTC)
rjftrains

Tom is correct -- the 60213/4/5 will all support the simultaneous connection of both the original and new Mobile Stations (as well as the connection to the 60212 and 6021). I've seen all of these hooked together at various Marklin seminars and demonstrations. They all play nicely together.
Robert Frowenfeld
RJFtrains@aol.com
www.RJFtrains.com
914-232-5546
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#5 Posted : 24 December 2011 04:51:31(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
As others have pointed out, the MS1 and MS2 work fine with the CS2.

Keep in mind that only the MS1 will work with your CS1. MS2 doesn't work with CS1.
Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 24 December 2011 09:04:12(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
MS2 doesn't work with CS1.
It can be used with the Sniffer Port of the CS1 (and with CS1 reloaded, the Sniffer Port supports DCC).
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#7 Posted : 24 December 2011 10:32:19(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
No doubt Tom, but that's the 'back door' connection. What I was referring to is a direct plug in of the MS2 to CS1.