Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline fhp2  
#1 Posted : 13 December 2011 08:41:18(UTC)
fhp2

France   
Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to operate more than 2 trains on a CS2 having only 2 visible control screens at once...?
Thank you for your help.
Francois.

Edited by moderator 16 December 2011 21:52:56(UTC)  | Reason: Corrected subject spelling /Webmaster

Offline DigitalNZ  
#2 Posted : 13 December 2011 09:50:17(UTC)
DigitalNZ

New Zealand   
Hi Francois,

Simply press either the button by the red control dial with the little steam loco symbol or touch the icon on the screen that shows one of the trains that you are driving. Just repeat again to change back to your other trains. I'd upload a picture but by CS2 is packed up at the moment.

Is that what you were wanting to know? Unfortunately you can not have more than two controllers on the screen at once.

Hopefully that will be of some use to you.

Daniell
Offline witzlerh  
#3 Posted : 16 December 2011 20:34:59(UTC)
witzlerh

Canada   
I use my daughter's Mobile station for a 3rd controller and only allow it to see certain loks to make switching between loks easier.
Harald
CS2 DB & Canadian Era 3-6
Offline Webmaster  
#4 Posted : 16 December 2011 21:49:18(UTC)
Webmaster

Don't forget that you can use Apple iThingies as additional remote controllers too for CS2 with the M apps available.
You will of course have to have your CS2 hooked up & configured for your home network then...
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#5 Posted : 16 December 2011 22:09:19(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: DigitalNZ Go to Quoted Post
...you can not have more than two controllers on the screen at once.

You can if you have an Ecos (up to 6 I think), or as the Webmaster points out, if you use the Marklin iPad application with the CS2, where you can have another 8 cabs.

BTW, welcome to the forum fhp2, DigitalNZ and witzlerh.
Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 16 December 2011 23:58:29(UTC)
H0

Up to 10 with ECoS and CS1 reloaded.

Up to 3 Mobile Stations can be added to the CS2 for a total of 5 physical controllers. Or connect another CS2 ...
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline DigitalNZ  
#7 Posted : 17 December 2011 11:24:33(UTC)
DigitalNZ

New Zealand   
Good point about the iOS apps. I'm quite tempted to get the iPad one myself to play with over the school holidays (I'm 17 and suffering from severe Märklin withdrawal at the moment).
I presume the configuration is similar to connecting the CS1 to the CS2 via a wireless router which wasn't too difficult. Has anyone here used with either of the apps before?

(Thanks Bigdaddynz, it's great to see so many New Zealand Märklin enthusiasts on this forum.)
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#8 Posted : 17 December 2011 12:06:03(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Yes, the wireless router connection is exactly the same method. I've used the Mobile Control app with the CS2 and Touchcab with my CS1/Ecos, and both are very good.

If you're ever in the Wellington area, call by the Marklin Model Railway Club in Upper Hutt - www.mmrc.org.nz