Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline malsnake  
#1 Posted : 02 December 2004 23:32:03(UTC)
malsnake

United States   
Greetings, I'm hoping someone out there can help. I am trying to use a circuit track for the first time, and am having difficulty. In our christmas decoration we have a marklin c layout that is two ovals with a single track connecting them through turnouts. What I want to have happen is to use a circuit track on the connecting track so that each time it approaches the turnout from the other loop, the switch is in a different position, allowing both sides of the trains to be visible as it completes circuits.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

Malcolm
Offline Hoffmann  
#2 Posted : 02 December 2004 23:49:05(UTC)
Hoffmann

Canada   
Hi there,

Since the Circuit track has 2 Contacts one for each direction, you would have to install it at least one Trainlenghts after the turnout you want to switch.
When the Train drips the contact it will switch your turnout, after the Train travels over then Circuit Track in the other direction it will switch your Turnout again ( with the marklin system it does not matter if the Turnout is set if you run against a Turnout ).
By the way a diagram of your layout would be helpfull.

Martin
marklin-eh
Offline malsnake  
#3 Posted : 03 December 2004 01:43:05(UTC)
malsnake

United States   
Martin, Thanks for the feed back. The problem i am running into is that when it hits the circuit track the second time, it switches it back, in effect setting it back so it always enters the ovals on the same side. I dont see away to post a diagram here, but the layot is two ovals on opposites sides of the room, on interior corners rather than closing the corner, it feeds out to a 24611 and 24612 turnout. The ovals are about 5 feet apart and the circuit track is in the middle of the single connecting track.

By the way, i noticed you are looking for a wheel for the 3011. I have quite a few old wheels that I got from a lot when I bought out the remaining marklin at a store that discontinued it. Not sure about the part number you need but if you can get me a size/description and or part number I will see if I have it.

Thanks,

Malcolm
Offline Hoffmann  
#4 Posted : 03 December 2004 03:13:34(UTC)
Hoffmann

Canada   
Hello Malcolm welcome to the Forum,

Your Circuit Track needs to be after the turnouts ( in the Oval ) otherwise you will switch allways back.
marklin-eh
Offline Charlie  
#5 Posted : 04 December 2004 04:58:11(UTC)
Charlie

I agree with Martin.

Place one circuit track switch in one of the ovals, as far away from the turnout as possible.

The train enters the oval, and when halfway the oval, it will set both turnouts the other way. Next time around the turnouts will be switched back.

Charlie
Offline franciscohg  
#6 Posted : 10 December 2004 03:22:45(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Signal Book again...............................available free on the web, also very good information on operation related in this site............
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL