Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Kevin Weis  
#1 Posted : 21 February 2011 21:21:49(UTC)
Kevin Weis

All,

Have a #630 Faller crossing signal which appears fairly strait forward in the wiring as shown on back of the package however I'm cluelessConfused as to how this should be wired so that it would activate automaticly on an approaching train. I'm using M track and thought about activating it with a contact track section but the track is allready secured to the layout and thought there might be another or better way to go with this. Even thought about just activating it manually with one of the older Marklin controllers. Any thoughts appreciated on best way to hook this thing up.

Regards, Kevin
Offline kbvrod  
#2 Posted : 02 April 2011 13:42:21(UTC)
kbvrod

United States   
Hi all,
Kevin,so to take so long,.....I think in this situation,if you can NOT add some feedback to the track,...you'll have to be the crossing guard!BigGrin

Dr D
Offline Bob  
#3 Posted : 02 April 2011 14:25:55(UTC)
Bob

Hi Kevin,
contact track would be the almost fail safe method. Have you thought about a little light beam switch? All it would beed a small LED and a reciever on the opposite side of the track. When the train passes it interrupts the light beam and the boom gates close. Probably you would have to introduce a time delay circuit so that the boom gates stay shut for a while after the train has passed.
Running Mtrack analogue and Ctrack digital. Collector of V200s.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Bob
Offline kbvrod  
#4 Posted : 02 April 2011 16:31:23(UTC)
kbvrod

United States   
Hi all,

Originally Posted by: Bob Go to Quoted Post
Hi Kevin,
contact track would be the almost fail safe method. Have you thought about a little light beam switch? All it would beed a small LED and a reciever on the opposite side of the track. When the train passes it interrupts the light beam and the boom gates close. Probably you would have to introduce a time delay circuit so that the boom gates stay shut for a while after the train has passed.

Seems to be two Kevin's on this site,that will never do!LOL

Kevin W (original post) was having this problem,....your suggestion of IR/light beam is excellent!BigGrin

Dr D(the -other- Kevin!)
Offline Nightowl4933  
#5 Posted : 16 June 2011 09:57:48(UTC)
Nightowl4933

United Kingdom   
Hi Dr D,

There are a number of suppliers of small circuits that can help you achieve this, if yo're not able to design the circuit yourself.

I've bought some items from here where you can get some ideas from. They're UK-based, but I'm sure there are similar options in the US.

Pete
Living on Earth is expensive, but it does include a free trip around the sun every year.
Z Scale is great - where's me glasses?