Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Andreas K  
#1 Posted : 11 November 2010 14:35:32(UTC)
Andreas K

Hallo all, I have a wish.

Would it not be nice if we could incorporate the “Control “ window’s functions with the ”Memory” window of the CS2.

With other words, the same way you enter your routes in the memory window of the CS2, you could also add functions of your locos.

Let me explain.
Your favorite steam loco is about to enter a tunnel, then switch off the smoker and when it exits the tunnel switch smoker back on again. Or a loco with sound effects makes a certain sound (which you pre-select from its function list) when a route is triggered. Or let the train go slower on the bends and faster on the straights. The possibilities are endless.
Pure Marklin - Steam is my Passion
Offline Piper  
#2 Posted : 11 November 2010 18:23:15(UTC)
Piper

South Africa   
Hallo AndreasThumpUp

Welcome to the forum.

I agree with you, it will be nice to have more activity linked between the feedbacks & the functions of the locos.
Send the the request to Märklin.

Pieter
Era I-V / HO / C-Track / MS2, CS2 & CS3 Z gauge. Insider
Member of Märklin Modellers Group
Offline cyberbeast41  
#3 Posted : 11 November 2010 20:13:50(UTC)
cyberbeast41

Andreas K wrote:
Hallo all, I have a wish.

Would it not be nice if we could incorporate the “Control “ window’s functions with the ”Memory” window of the CS2.

With other words, the same way you enter your routes in the memory window of the CS2, you could also add functions of your locos.

Let me explain.
Your favorite steam loco is about to enter a tunnel, then switch off the smoker and when it exits the tunnel switch smoker back on again. Or a loco with sound effects makes a certain sound (which you pre-select from its function list) when a route is triggered. Or let the train go slower on the bends and faster on the straights. The possibilities are endless.

This will be possible in one of the following updates. Marklin really has big plans for its cs2.
Offline jeehring  
#4 Posted : 11 November 2010 22:19:03(UTC)
jeehring

....many things could be done....It's been now 1 or 2 years I 'd try to join Marklin to give them some ideas by showing REAL TRAIN regulation documents (with graphic)...that could be a lot of fun on a touch screen, very realistic too... Some people here already gave me an adress of Marklin's R&D (or equivalent) department but I had a computer "accident" that has made me loosing most of my data (and many adresses...) I had to change my PC.......
I have tried to join Lutz Hemmerich several times as he is a neighbour....but he never gave any answer...
Offline nevw  
#5 Posted : 11 November 2010 23:45:56(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
jeehring wrote:
....I have tried to join Lutz Hemmerich several times as he is a neighbour....but he never gave any answer...

Nothing unusual there Jeering. Par for the course. ThumbDown
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#6 Posted : 12 November 2010 07:47:15(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Now now Nevie, be good!
Offline old toot  
#7 Posted : 12 November 2010 10:33:04(UTC)
old toot

New Zealand   
Hi david
what are they doing saturday night at the show you should
get Peter and Dion to do a q and a on digital and central station
while we are up there like they did at the napier convention
we got a lot say after that "now I understand what I can do by
changing to digital on my layout" I even get some who think they have
got get rid of all their M track to go to digital and don't realise
how easy and simplier it is to operate with far less cables .
let us know if you would as dion has a powerpoint presentation
about it so i can make sure he has it on board okay
just had a look through 2011 new catalogues about half is what
is coming out now but some good steam locos back in and the green
crocodile and other swiss stuff but some interesting models and
europe is not backup and growing like we are starting to so the range
is what i would say a safe selection that they know will sell
regards
old toot
were we pickit, packit and postit
Offline jeehring  
#8 Posted : 12 November 2010 16:40:49(UTC)
jeehring

......about REAL TRAIN TRAFFIC REGULATION...how they work is quite interesting. One line has its Chief of traffic , responsible of all the traffic on a given line between point A to point B.....how they manage it according to the timing ( stops at intermediate station or not, cruising speed of each train,passenger trains or goods train, etc....) is interesting & based upon somewhat simple procedure & simple principle.....They are using graphics that could be easily reproduced on a touch screen (or any screen) as a nice & simple user-interface ("Chief of Traffic" interface RollEyes ) on which the player could enter data and visualize a whole session with several trains at a glance.......
Of course we don't have a 300 km long line at home.....but the distance could be easily changed in "laps of layout" with/without stops, launching a complete 1 hour or 1/2 hour lasting session has more sense....(at any scaled time - or not scaled - & any scheduled service...)....
Time criteria = very interesting approach...Time dimension is really what is missing....even on a simple layout with 1 or 2 trains this may give much more fun...
About model train however, identification modules - or any other way of Identification of trains at some parts of the layout - are necessary to make it more simple & funny...Remember in the old times : each time a train was leaving the station, the Chief of station had a phone call to the next station to communicate : time of leaving + which train.
For an average layout I believe 1 or 2 or 3 zones of identification are enough. I.E. : as a block the whole station is 1 identification zone. In which track inside the station trains are stopping or passing, can be managed by the memory. to know which train is entering or leaving the station + at what time : this is all we need.

I know that some software on PC can do it actually : but they are too much complicated (quite expensives at this level). I believe this could be done in a more simple way and a more realistic way , CS 2 is an ideal item for that..

Edited by user 13 November 2010 05:16:29(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Piper  
#9 Posted : 16 November 2010 21:04:44(UTC)
Piper

South Africa   
Hallo Andreas,

Try Rocrail, it is freeware. If you like it pay a donation, I did.

You can get it at: http://rocrail.saturnus.it/unicode/

Download the latest version. If you get stuck phone me.

The manual is also online at: http://wiki.rocrail.net/doku.php?id=english

ThumpUp ThumpUp
Pieter
Era I-V / HO / C-Track / MS2, CS2 & CS3 Z gauge. Insider
Member of Märklin Modellers Group