Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#1 Posted : 21 August 2010 03:39:51(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Hey guys,
I'm having quite the wallet hit this month- hence all the items I've regrettably had in the for sale section lately. Angry ThumbDown Starting with the order of my grey mouse (which I now kind of regret for budgetary reasons) I've had an onslaught of delivery notices! Here is whats coming:

My Crossrail Locomotive set #37346 arrived last night- a gem! Two great locomotives that run wonderfully. the paint is great and I'm a happy camper. I originally declined to buy this set in Switzerland due to cost, but I couldn't say know when Marklin USA got them here for much less! (seriously, that NEVER happens!)

Pix of that coming shortly. Also inbound this month -some new some old- is the following:

- Roco SBB BE 4/6 "Rectangular Crocodile" in Green (wanted this one forever)
- Bemo Abe 4/4 in Green and Cream, plus the matching baby passenger car
- Marklin 43670 "Riviera Dei Fiori" SBB Car set
- Marklin 37360 Ae 6/6 Cargo
- Roco ICN with Sound
- Lilliput SBB "Flirt Seehas"

It is an unusually high amount of non-marklin items, but they are all "must haves" for my collection. I have one more wave of stuff to sell, but then I should be able to stomach it all.

Here are a few shots of the Crossrail Locs!

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Edited by user 23 August 2010 08:27:35(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SBB Era 2-5
Offline mmervine  
#2 Posted : 21 August 2010 05:06:14(UTC)
mmervine

United States   
John-my Crossrail set also arrived and it is a very nice set! These loks are the first that I have bought that have the 'newer' Marklin MFX decoders. These decoders only seem one step above a hobby decoder and I am considering replacing them with ESU LP3.0's.

I am curious as to the thoughts from others on these 'newer' Marklin MFX decoders???
Märklin C-track, Marklin Digital & ECoS, multi-era French & Swiss
http://www.ete-ene.org/m...mervines-layout-gallery/
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#3 Posted : 21 August 2010 05:40:52(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Mark- they certainly don't seem to do anything special, but then again the engines don't have many functions. I'm happy with the way they run so no issues, but I'll play with them a bit more before passing judgement.
SBB Era 2-5
Offline gachar001  
#4 Posted : 21 August 2010 05:43:55(UTC)
gachar001

India   
mmervine wrote:
John-my Crossrail set also arrived and it is a very nice set! These loks are the first that I have bought that have the 'newer' Marklin MFX decoders. These decoders only seem one step above a hobby decoder and I am considering replacing them with ESU LP3.0's.

I am curious as to the thoughts from others on these 'newer' Marklin MFX decoders???

Beautiful locos. But no sound. That's why I didn't consider them.
Are you going to add sound to yours? If so pics please.
Gautham
Atlanta, GA USA
Offline mmervine  
#5 Posted : 22 August 2010 05:33:09(UTC)
mmervine

United States   
I probably will not put sound in these loks as there is not much room inside. I am going to take my Crossrail Re4/4III to Concord, NH to run on portable layout that the ETE-ENE will have at the show there.
Märklin C-track, Marklin Digital & ECoS, multi-era French & Swiss
http://www.ete-ene.org/m...mervines-layout-gallery/
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#6 Posted : 23 August 2010 08:29:24(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
added a few pix!
SBB Era 2-5
Offline river6109  
#7 Posted : 23 August 2010 08:41:30(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Can't see the picks
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline nevw  
#8 Posted : 23 August 2010 12:55:59(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Nice buying John, Pleased that my Gold Helped.
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline steventrain  
#9 Posted : 23 August 2010 16:38:22(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Very nice locos.ThumpUp
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#10 Posted : 23 August 2010 21:57:01(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Thanks guys! More coming as the preorder bonanza for 2010 arrives...
SBB Era 2-5
Offline Hemmerich  
#11 Posted : 24 August 2010 00:25:01(UTC)
Hemmerich

-

Edited by user 19 November 2010 01:40:21(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline mike c  
#12 Posted : 24 August 2010 01:22:56(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Hemmerich wrote:
Mine even pull the "right" trains. ThumpUp

Re436

BR185.2

Am842

PS: Everyone waiting for the Ae6/6 will also be pleased. Wink

Nice photos Lutz.

BTW, the lok is a Am846 (Private operator) and not an Am842 (SBB).

For those who are interested in prototypical accuracy, the Crossrail container trains are usually composed of cars leased from Zug (CH) based AAE and the trains do NOT include cars registered to SBB CFF FFS or SBB Cargo, as modelled by Maerklin and Fleischmann.
The correct cars are available from Roco and can be had with Crossrail or with Ewals (a Crossrail customer) containers. Information about the cars and loks can be found at www.crossrail.ch

There is no need for the comment about the Ae 610. I think that most people are familiar with the discussion about this model and will make up their minds when they see it at retail. For those ordering their models by mail order, they do not have the option to inspect the model beforehand, thus the importance of being aware of any potential issue in advance.

Regards

Mike C
Offline kimballthurlow  
#13 Posted : 24 August 2010 04:00:53(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hi John,

Nice models, and no doubt in real life, a very serviceable colour.

Uh Oh!! Just spoke too soon. The Crossrail website says they have a new colour scheme as of June 2010.

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline mike c  
#14 Posted : 24 August 2010 06:10:16(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Kimball,

I found your reference to the new livery. This seems to refer only to locomotives leased by Dillon LeJeune Cargo (DLC) from Porterbrook at the moment. The bulletin shows a new logo but does not mention that all locomotives will eventually receive the new logo, although it is possible.

There have been several liveries for Crossrail loks. The first leased 185s were leased from MRCE and were thus black with the Crossrail logo. A second series of 185s were leased from CB Rail and were offwhite with a white and red front. These loks were decorated with either a red Crossrail logo or with the logo of Ewals (185 581), one of Crossrail's client companies. The first series was returned to MRCE and have since been leased to other operators, including CFL Cargo (Luxembourg). At the same time, Crossrail leased a few loks from BTMU (Beacon Rail), now called Allco Rail. The BTMU (Allco) loks have a silver/mauve livery with red and white front.

All liveries of the 185s can be seen at either br146.de or at www.railcolor.net

The 5 Re 436 have been repainted from their earlier RM (EBT/VHB/SMB) colours and special liveries. Presently, several of them have the Crossrail logo applied, with one or two being painted completely in red (no logo).

Crossrail was merged with Belgian Dillon LeJeune Cargo (DLC) and it is appears that a new joint corporate entity is to be introduced. I have not yet seen any new electric loks in a different livery reported on the internet and in discussion forums.
The latest loks leased for operations in Germany, Switzerland and Italy are type 186 and are still painted in the CB Rail livery as mentioned above. It is important to note that Babcock & Brown, an English investment company, holds controlling interest in CB Rail, DLC and Crossrail and their subsidiaries. Mehano used to make a model of the GM Class 66 in HO. I don't know if they released a model in the DLC colors and there certainly won't be a large scale Mehano production of the new Crossrail livery as the company is bankrupt.

Regards

Mike C
Offline Hemmerich  
#15 Posted : 27 August 2010 23:11:14(UTC)
Hemmerich

-

Edited by user 19 November 2010 01:41:53(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified