Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline drstapes  
#1 Posted : 27 February 2010 05:34:58(UTC)
drstapes

United Kingdom   
Hi,
i have some of the 346 series coaches. Some of them are lighted and they have the old pickup slider which is short and does not work well with M stud track. I wonder if anyone else has a different solution or tried fitting a different longer slider,and if so what one.
regards

Geoff
Regards

Geoff (UK)

marklin HO from the 50's and 60's
Offline jvuye  
#2 Posted : 27 February 2010 20:38:09(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
drstapes wrote:
Hi,
i have some of the 346 series coaches. Some of them are lighted and they have the old pickup slider which is short and does not work well with M stud track. I wonder if anyone else has a different solution or tried fitting a different longer slider,and if so what one.
regards

Geoff

Hi Geoff,
Yes! There is a solution.
I use the later version of the ski pick-up used on the 24 cm tin plate coaches (e.g. on the 4022)
Works pretty well providing you center it properly. (the mounting slot is on the "wrong side" of the bogie on the 346 series...)
You may also have to bend the mounting tongue sligtly to prevent shorts with the wheels axle.
Hope this helps.
Cheers
Jacques
Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
Offline mike c  
#3 Posted : 01 March 2010 08:58:52(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
My solution was actually quite ingenious. For the older Maerklin coaches, the Hag AC Slider for the 24cm coaches is the perfect slider for the 4 axled bogie coaches of the 346 and 348 series. The slider plate clips onto the mounts for the exterior of the bogie and flexes and follows the track very well. I suspect that this solution will also work with some of the more modern 24cm Maerklin coaches as well but have not tried them.

Regards,

Mike C
Offline drstapes  
#4 Posted : 01 March 2010 23:39:33(UTC)
drstapes

United Kingdom   
Jacques and Mike,

Thank you for your replies.

Jacques,I assume you mean a slider part number 7198 which fitted a 4022 I will obtain one and see how I go.

Mike,
Thats an interesting idea. I have no experience of HAG. Is the slider you mention in current production.

thanks

Regards

Geoff (UK)

marklin HO from the 50's and 60's
Offline mike c  
#5 Posted : 21 March 2010 11:47:20(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Hag Spare Parts:http://www.hag.ch/index.php?option=com_phocadownload&view=category&id=21:diverses&download=70:zubehr&Itemid=52

Look for part #518

Regards,

Mike C
Offline BillJ  
#6 Posted : 15 November 2012 17:05:11(UTC)
BillJ

Hi,

I'm reviving this old post because it was quite useful and directly on point.

I want to add LED lighting strips to my beautiful old 346/2J and 346/3J passenger cars.

Like Geoff I find the Marklin sliders of that era difficult to use, and hope for a better solution.

Given changes at HAG, getting their slider (as suggested) may be impossible, but I'll try.

Meanwhile, however, has anybody had further relevant experience that might be helpful? New or better ideas?

Thanks much!

Bill
Offline mike c  
#7 Posted : 16 November 2012 08:21:35(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
A lot if not all of the parts for the classic Hag models were sold to a Swiss dealer. You should be able to inquire about the AC sliders for the old generation coaches at www.amiba.ch or try their new site: http://buco-hag-maerklin...satzteile.ch/shop/376480

I do recall seeing a few US shops that still had some Hag parts in inventory, possibly including the 518 slider.

http://pics.ricardostati...hag-518-pw-schleifer.jpg

Regards

Mike C
Offline BillJ  
#8 Posted : 16 November 2012 15:16:51(UTC)
BillJ

Mike,

Thank you, appreciate the useful information. Looks like another "shipping costs more than the item" day!

Bill
Offline mike c  
#9 Posted : 17 November 2012 19:25:26(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Some small items like this can be shipped in an envelope and will cost less than a 40 EUR parcel.

Regards

MC
Offline BillJ  
#10 Posted : 27 November 2012 20:35:19(UTC)
BillJ

BigGrin

Mike, yours indeed is an elegant solution.

I managed to find two of the HAG 518 sliders at a US dealer. They arrived today. Clipping them in place was simple, and they appear to be exactly what is needed to supply power for LED lighting in my 346 coaches. They fit as though they were custom made for this application.

Thank you for your help!

Regards,

Bill