Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline dsphoto  
#1 Posted : 06 February 2010 08:06:38(UTC)
dsphoto

Hello,

My new (for me) CS1 worked perfectly on the programing track. I connected it to my layout and now the start up bar scrolls continuously. Is there a way to reset the unit? Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks for your assistance,

David
Offline James  
#2 Posted : 06 February 2010 20:01:48(UTC)
James

Canada   
David:
I'm not sure what you mean by, the start bar keeps scrolling, since I haven't turned my CS1 on for awhile, but if you can get the CS1 to work with the programming track, there is a reset button that will reset the CS to default factory settings. You will lose all of the entries stored, (I think) but it will start fresh from scratch. If you do this, and if the scroll continues, then it might be a fault in the actual unit.Crying

I'm sorry I can't be more specific at this time, but it's been awhile, as I said, since I've worked with the unit. The Unit, if it's working right, is a good product, which is why I want to connect it to my CS2. I find there is more versatility when it comes to programming cv's, all of which doesn't really help if the silly thing doesn't work, I know.Cursing

I'll fire my unit up later today, and see if I can offer more help, if someone who is more experienced at this on the list hasn't already offered help.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
UserPostedImage
James Bannerman
Give me steam, and how you feel can make it real, real as anything you've seen. (Peter Gabriel)
Offline dsphoto  
#3 Posted : 06 February 2010 20:32:14(UTC)
dsphoto

Thanks for the help. It now won't start with the programming track either. The scrolling bar is a little black rectangle.

David
Offline dsphoto  
#4 Posted : 07 February 2010 08:09:14(UTC)
dsphoto

Can anyone give me some advise on this balky 60212 with an endlessly moving startup rectangle?

Please?

Thanks,

D
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#5 Posted : 07 February 2010 09:21:52(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
The CS1 can be reset from one of the menu options, but it has to fully boot up before you can access the menu.

Have you tried booting it up without any connections?
Offline clapcott  
#6 Posted : 07 February 2010 10:15:04(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
I have nothing specific to offer.
If Dave's suggestion bears no fruit, you might try removing the batteries.

- UNPLUG Power
- remove all loads from the 3 connections (layout and programing track)
- (suggest also unpluging all slave devices <boosters, MSs , s88s, sniffer, etc> )
- remove batteries
- replug and turn on. (try this first with the batteries still removed).
Peter
Offline James  
#7 Posted : 07 February 2010 10:16:16(UTC)
James

Canada   
David:

Just a couple of questions.

Did you purchase this item second hand?

Do you own the CS1 Manual?

When you are turning off/shutting down the unit, do you press/hold the Red Stop button until the unit tells you it is safe to turn off your CS?

Lastly, and I know this is a stupid question, but do you have the right power supply applicable to that particular unit (230V or 120/)

Sorry, I know the last question is obvious, but sometime it's the little things that we overlook that mess us up. Check the batteries, located on the bottom of the unit. Depending on the age of the unit, replace them (I know it sounds stupid). There is a resident memory in the unit which stores Locomotive Data in the unit which it recalls when you boot up the unit.

If you purchased the unit second hand, the previous owner may have screwed up an update, and the only way to "fix" any of that stuff is to have the unit connected to the net, and fully booted up. Disconnect any cables (other than power) and reboot. Worst case scenario... Check the serial number, contact Mother M' regarding this issue, they might be able to help. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
UserPostedImage
James Bannerman
Give me steam, and how you feel can make it real, real as anything you've seen. (Peter Gabriel)
Offline dsphoto  
#8 Posted : 07 February 2010 17:41:46(UTC)
dsphoto

Thank you for all the help. I have left the unit standing without batteries or connections and tried restarting without any connections to no avail. Does Marklin still service this product? Any suggestions on a good ESU dealer in the northeastern US? I am thinking about having it fixed then upgraded to v3.

Again, thanks for the help.

DS
Offline H0  
#9 Posted : 07 February 2010 17:48:08(UTC)
H0

dsphoto wrote:
I have left the unit standing without batteries or connections and tried restarting without any connections to no avail.

The batteries are only required during shutdown.
It won't forget anything even if used without batteries (but you must press the STOP button to shut it down before unplugging the transformer).

AFAIK ESU only supports v3 Central Stations. But maybe you can have them do repair and upgrade at once.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline nyc5450  
#10 Posted : 07 February 2010 21:49:11(UTC)
nyc5450

David,

Ken at Marklin USA(now Walthers) is ver good about working on 60212 CS1 control stations. He performed most of the upgrades to the hardware and software for vs. 2.0.

I suggest that you contact Walthers and ask him if he is still able and willing to work on the CS1 rather than contacting ESU.

From what I have read, the USA, ESU distributor is not importing the vs. 3.0 and I doubt that he will work on the 60212. It never hurts to check however.

Regards,

John
Regards,
John
Offline dsphoto  
#11 Posted : 08 February 2010 03:39:51(UTC)
dsphoto

nyc5450 wrote:
David,

Ken at Marklin USA(now Walthers) is ver good about working on 60212 CS1 control stations. He performed most of the upgrades to the hardware and software for vs. 2.0.

I suggest that you contact Walthers and ask him if he is still able and willing to work on the CS1 rather than contacting ESU.

From what I have read, the USA, ESU distributor is not importing the vs. 3.0 and I doubt that he will work on the 60212. It never hurts to check however.

Regards,

John

Thanks John. I have emailed Marklin. I hope they can help.

D