Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline luckas  
#1 Posted : 23 January 2010 15:35:34(UTC)
luckas

Hi,

My 6043 is acting up, but I can't find my old instruction manual. Can someone point me in the direction of the instructions in English please ?

Paul;
Offline steventrain  
#2 Posted : 23 January 2010 23:57:07(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
You best to contact Marklin support team.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline graafjp  
#3 Posted : 25 January 2010 09:42:26(UTC)
graafjp

Netherlands   
luckas wrote:
Hi,

My 6043 is acting up, but I can't find my old instruction manual. Can someone point me in the direction of the instructions in English please ?

Paul;

Paul,

Perhaps if you describe your problem somebody in the forum is able to help you. I am using three memories so I have some hands-on experience.
Regards,
Jos
Offline luckas  
#4 Posted : 25 January 2010 13:55:41(UTC)
luckas

graafjp wrote:
Paul,

Perhaps if you describe your problem somebody in the forum is able to help you. I am using three memories so I have some hands-on experience.

Thanks Jos.

I had powered up my digital layout after many months of inactivity, only to find that the 6043 was not functioning. Without English instructions I was unable to find a means to reset, or otherwise redo my original routes. However, after some experimenting, I think I've managed to figure out how to delete routes, and re-enter routes.

It seems that the 6043 needed to be powered on for some time before it was able to be used. Is there an internal battery which requires some "recharging" or some other reason why this would be the case ? I thought I had a broken 6043, but after leaving it on power for some time it seems to be working fine again.

Paul
Offline graafjp  
#5 Posted : 25 January 2010 15:35:18(UTC)
graafjp

Netherlands   
Hi Paul,

Yes, the memory units contain a rechargable battery to remember the route settings.
So if you're not using the memory for a longer time it's best to power it up for an hour or so every 1-2 months.
(at least that's what I do in periods of non-existent model railroad activity).

The following sequence can be used to erase the memory completely (from the german marklin faq):

Press keys <extern>+<B1>+<C1> and power up the system.
Wait a few seconds and then release the keys
After a short time when the <clear> led starts to blink, press the clear-key for a short moment.

Memory will now be completely erased. When it is finished the led above the <end> key lights.
Now you can program the routes again from scratch.
Regards,
Jos