Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline banco  
#1 Posted : 01 October 2009 15:26:52(UTC)
banco

I am curious ..........I live here in the Netherlands , close to Germany and am able to visit several shops in and around here that allow me to buy ( when funds allow) the things I need for my hobby. Sometimes , I am able to use the internet to get things from more distant retailers . I have been known to use the Marklin shop too. However, we all are spread around the world and have differing opportunities so tell me how do you get your new /used Marklin items
C track,6021,large digital loft layout modelled in the legendary European land of "Moresnet"
Offline RayF  
#2 Posted : 01 October 2009 15:36:03(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
I get new Marklin from Online shops like Lokshop, and second hand items from ebay mainly.

When I travel, I look for Marklin shops in the area where I will be.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline Ian555  
#3 Posted : 01 October 2009 15:39:30(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Chris
Interesting topic.Here in Scotland we have no Marklin dealer.
All my purchases so far have been thro' E-bay,mostly here in the UK
but I have bought Marklin from Portugal and also Hungaray.
I only started buying Marklin again in April this year.
Ian
Offline river6109  
#4 Posted : 01 October 2009 15:41:50(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Some decide to steal it.[B)][B)
I used to get it from sole import dealers, producers and at present, mainly German or Austrian retail shops.]
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline intruder  
#5 Posted : 01 October 2009 15:56:53(UTC)
intruder

Norway   
I,m very lucky.
I have a Märklin Shop in Shop dealer between my home and my job, and one not far from our summer house.
A couple of times I have bought from ebay and I look up shops when I am travelling.
Best regards Svein, Norway
grumpy old sod
Offline mmervine  
#6 Posted : 01 October 2009 16:00:24(UTC)
mmervine

United States   
There is no Marklin shop near where I live here in the US. I have a US dealer that I use to order new items, I use ebay for 2nd hand items, and I am very lucky to travel to Europe 6-8 times a year and, sometimes, get a chance to visit Marklin shops.
Märklin C-track, Marklin Digital & ECoS, multi-era French & Swiss
http://www.ete-ene.org/m...mervines-layout-gallery/
Offline Jeremy Palmer  
#7 Posted : 01 October 2009 16:17:36(UTC)
Jeremy Palmer

Barbados   
Good grief,

1). Wheedling and cajoling is always a good start.SmileSmileSmile
2). Point out to son and heir a particular model that makes perfect
sense to get.biggrinbiggrinbiggrin
3). Organise with relevant shop(s) for item wanted.
4). Fly to US to pick up. SmileSmileSmile
5). # 4 requires Carol to need to shop and family to need a holiday.
6). This is the hardest of all. Money. Barbados has to be one of the
last places in the world with currency restrictions, foreign currency
controls, limit on amount of foreign currency that can be charged to
a credit card. When I think about it, it's amazing I have any trains
at all really.SmileSmileSmile. OOOPS, Nicholas has any I meant. To get
a bank draft requires an invoice of some kind that my local bank will
issue against the relative correspondent bank. Same goes for bank to
bank transfers, still need some kind of invoice.

New items are from Marklin dealers. No longer available items from
Will at Modellbahn and Peter at Toy Colectables in OZ.

Jeremy.
Jeremy.

1). If at first you don't succeed, bungee jumping mightn't be for you.
2). The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second rat that gets the cheese.
Offline shannon  
#8 Posted : 01 October 2009 16:25:31(UTC)
shannon

In my country only few people play with marklin so the dealers wouldn't like to import marklin's stuffs except one which was bankrupt many years ago. At present I get the new items from internet shop like Lokshop.
Offline john black  
#9 Posted : 01 October 2009 16:26:22(UTC)
john black

United States   
Hi Chris, I get my marklins (old & new) from only one brick & mortar shop in good old Europe.
Since I can't test 'em before buying my nice dealer does it for me. Thoroughly ... Cool[^]

So with my sixty locos I never received a single one from him that wasn't perfect Smile[:p][^]
(such doesn't imply he hadn't to send back several of them ... [}:)])

I'm a bit sorry for him - nowadays there are so few of new ones in the pot I do like.
Since he really is one helluva guy CoolCoolCool (there's always hope for new US stuff biggrin)
I hope no one visits a poor Southener's layout in Brooklyn. Intruders beware of Gators.
AT&SF, D&RGW, T&P, SP, WP, UP, BN, NYC, ARR, epI-III - analog & digital Marklin Classics only.
CU#6021 FX-MOTOROLA DIGITAL SYSTEM. Fast as lightning and no trouble. What else ...
Outlaw Member of BIG JUHAN's OUTSIDER CLUB. With the most members, worldwide

Offline steventrain  
#10 Posted : 01 October 2009 16:28:16(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
There is no Marklin dealer in N.Ireland,But one in Dublin stock small items but price high.

I deal with lokshop at all time and some from ebay.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline eduard71  
#11 Posted : 01 October 2009 16:59:38(UTC)
eduard71

Chile   
There is no dealer of Marklin in Venezuela since 1982 [:(]. I use internet and ebay to obtain my trains. I have bought trains mostly in USA also in Germany and Holand. For used or rare stuff I use Ebay.
Offline Bahn-an-arama  
#12 Posted : 01 October 2009 18:16:26(UTC)
Bahn-an-arama

Australia   
I wheel-and-deal through Ebay and I am very fortunate that I have a dealer who conducts his business from home and lives only 5 minutes away. He always carries good stock and spare parts, aswell as decoders. Link is: www.trainsetsonline.com Smile
Glenn
Offline Renato  
#13 Posted : 01 October 2009 18:25:06(UTC)
Renato

Italy   
I buy exclusively Marklin Insider items from a shop located in Trieste, about 50 km far from my town.
I order new items from Lokshop and sometimes on eBay (for bargains and items no longer produced, like M tracks and accessories).

Renato
Offline Eurobahnfan  
#14 Posted : 01 October 2009 18:25:23(UTC)
Eurobahnfan

United States   
The closest dealers for me are about two hours away, and they don't keep much in stock. I mainly use the internet (two dealers in particular) and often check out the deals on EBay for used items.

Steve
Offline Weltenbummler  
#15 Posted : 01 October 2009 19:26:59(UTC)
Weltenbummler

Germany   
New items fom my main dealer Jim Knopf in Essen
Used and second hand via ebay or travelling to second hand fairs in Berlin (1200 km return trip)biggrin

Greetings from Warsaw Poland
Thomas
Regard from Karachi
Thomas
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#16 Posted : 01 October 2009 21:13:00(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
All over the place for me! In the US I use a small dealer who no longer stocks marklin, but gets it by special order for me at a good price.

I buy a lot used on ebay, and when in europe I always make a point to stop at a Marklin dealer wherever I am!
SBB Era 2-5
Offline mike c  
#17 Posted : 01 October 2009 21:58:09(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
There is NO Maerklin dealer within 500km of my home.

So, I have to rely on Internet and Mail Order.
My current sources include:

Germany:
ETS Schweickhardt
Johnvandamme (eBay)
Huenerbein321 (eBay) (Aachen) (LSM, ACME, etc)

Austria:
Memoba

Switzerland:
Suter Meggen
Zuba Tech
Roundhouse
Bercher & Sternlicht

Italy
Tecnomodeli-treni
Trenogheno

USA/Canada
Eurolokshop (TEE USA)
Micro Macro Mundo (Miami)
FKM Modeltrains (Classic Stock) (PA)
John's Photo (Toronto)
Eurorailhobbies (Vancouver)

There are also many other dealers in those countries who have very good reputations and good selection of current and rare items. I tend to deal with shops in each country because in many cases, they have national exclusive items and items that may be released in that particular country before they are available worldwide.

You know how we do. If you want it and they have it. It's a deal!

Regards

Mike C
Offline gachar001  
#18 Posted : 01 October 2009 22:12:53(UTC)
gachar001

India   
I get my stuff mainly from a dealer in Germany. I also get some items from 2 dealers in the USA.
Gautham
Atlanta, GA USA
Offline Natvig  
#19 Posted : 01 October 2009 22:15:36(UTC)
Natvig

Like fellow Norwegian, "intruder", I have decided to support the only dealer in my country with "shop in shop" status;- this retailer is situated in Oslo,- which is just half-an-hours drive form my home. I believe that it is in my best interest to stick to one dealer,- thereby building a good long-term relationship;- therefore I resist looking at possible bargains on the internet.

Geir Natvig

Offline Rinus  
#20 Posted : 01 October 2009 22:39:41(UTC)
Rinus

Living in The Netherlands, there are plenty of MMR shops around.

Where I buy depends on my needs.

If I need something "right now", I'll travel 20 minutes on bike down town and find most regular M*, Faller and Noch products at this store: www.trein2000.nl
Prices are quit high though.

If I need something special or non-regular "right now" (specific Uhlenbrock decoder or cable, a specific spare part etc..), I'll travel to Rotterdam in 45 min by train and buy something here: http://www.meijerenblessing.nl/Shop/Home.html.
They know almost everything and certainly sell everything modelbuidling (not just trains) related.
Prices are as allways as recommended in the catalogue.
A store as a store should be, when talking about service and quality.
Everythime I walk in there I feel like the little boy when I first walked in there.

Since a couple of month I noticed this shop: www.modeltreinexpress.nl.
Situated In Vlaardingen, I have to take the car for a 45 min trip. But its worth the travel!
Very very large stocks, almost the complete catalogue of Marklin, Roco, Brawa, Lilliput, Fleischmann and a lot of ACME, Railtop, LS, Trix, Mehano and others.
Prices are almost as good as Lokshop.
Wonderfull shop, It would be perfect if they wouldn't it if they only sell rolling stock and almost no scenery.

If I have the time, and need a lot of stuff at the lowest price, I order at www.lokshop.de. I used this mostly for building material, track, and viessmann stuff. However with the declining economy I prefer to support the three shops metioned above. And above all I enjoy visiting a store where I can see the modells.

<u>Conclusion: I'm quite happy with my local suppliers!Smile</u>
Offline fvri  
#21 Posted : 01 October 2009 22:49:14(UTC)
fvri

Unfortunately ([}:)]) I have a very good local M dealer wwww.vanbiervliet.com not far from my home. A big shop with very good service and a very friendly shop owner.
So I spent most of my money on M items over there!

Sometimes I go to a fair and buy 'older' models with reduction.

In the past I ordered my trains via ebay in Germany but as M quality became worse (digital failures) and the price difference with Belgium became less I no longer order them via e-commerce.

Best regards,
Frank
Offline Western Pacific  
#22 Posted : 01 October 2009 22:55:46(UTC)
Western Pacific

Sweden   
Today I get most of my Märklin stuff from an MRR store in the southern suburbs of Stockholm - ordering via Internet though and pick up in the store. I live in the northern suburbs, so depending on traffic it is anything between 35' to a 1h30' to drive there (one-way). Normally traffic conditions allow me to do it in 40' to 45'.

My other main source is an Internet shop (and physical shop, which I haven't visited) in a town some 1000 km north of Stockholm.

When visiting Göppingen for the Märklin-Tage, I also drove over to the next valley north and Waiblingen and visited Eisenbahn-Treffpunkt Schweickhardt and probably spent too much, but I'm happy with my purchases. This spring I got myself the Märklin BR 218 in TEE-colours (39184) from ETS and I may start using their Internet shop more since their prices seem to be competitive.

Generally speaking, Märklin prices in Sweden are nowadays much more in line with those in Germany compared to a decade or two ago. I can't say what the main factor behind this is, but I think the most important is Sweden joining the EU and the single European market, which means no customs duties, which was the case earlier. The second important factor is Internet, since it is so much easier to order from Germany over the Internet compared to mail-order. Given this ease of ordering from Germany has meant that Swedish shops couldn't get away anymore with prices, like in the 1970-ies, when they could be twice the price in Germany.

So my collection has been gathered over the years, in particular in the 1970- and 80ies by buying in Germany on summer vacation trips. (My parents had a camping trailer and you can put a lot under the sofas/beds. Although, back then there were customs regulations in Sweden on how much you could bring into the country, so my father was always happy when the customs officers didn't feel like doing a search of our car and trailer). To the Germans (and perhaps also other Scandinavians) on this forum naming shops like Spielzeug Rasch or the Technical department store Brinkmann in Hamburg may bring back memories.

Over the years I've been to shops all over Germany in connection with vacation trips but also in many other parts of Europe for instance in Copenhagen, in Vienna and in Paris. Then in an earlier job I travelled a lot and I've been to MRR shops in many of my destinations. They include Geneva, Madrid, Milan and Oslo to name some in Europe. Since trips have taken me also "down under", I know that I have some accessories from a shop in Sydney. I don't recall having been to any shop in Wellington. Going back north, I have made some purchases in New York and after getting married on vacation trips in Northern California (SF Bay area and north of that), from where my wife is.

I hope this historic enlargement of the topic to also cover how I obtained my Märklin is OK.wink
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#23 Posted : 02 October 2009 00:34:42(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
There are 4 Marklin dealers in NZ

One in Auckland, (600kms away) very expensive, some stock but never any new items. I only tend to buy scenery materials there.

One in Palmerston North (160kms away), I've never been to him so cannot comment.

One local in Wellington (20kms away), never has any stock, and orders take 12+ months to arrive. A waste of time really.

One in Christchurch (400kms away) The best NZ dealer by far, prices are reasonable, but some ordered items can take months to arrive. I've bought a reasonable amount of Marklin items from Toottoot.

Other than that, I have used several of the ebay Marklin dealers (johnvandamme, station500, fettsau, lackylok) and the main dealer in Germany I have used is ETS Schweickhardt.
Offline I_love_Marklin_37538  
#24 Posted : 02 October 2009 00:46:04(UTC)
I_love_Marklin_37538

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Bigdaddynz
<br />There are 4 Marklin dealers in NZ

One in Auckland, (600kms away) very expensive, some stock but never any new items. I only tend to buy scenery materials there.

One in Palmerston North (160kms away), I've never been to him so cannot comment.

One local in Wellington (20kms away), never has any stock, and orders take 12+ months to arrive. A waste of time really.

One in Christchurch (400kms away) The best NZ dealer by far, prices are reasonable, but some ordered items can take months to arrive. I've bought a reasonable amount of Marklin items from Toottoot.

Other than that, I have used several of the ebay Marklin dealers (johnvandamme, station500, fettsau, lackylok) and the main dealer in Germany I have used is ETS Schweickhardt.

I brought my 37538 for a whopping $879.00 at Merv Smith Hobbies [V][V][V]
Offline TimR  
#25 Posted : 02 October 2009 00:56:51(UTC)
TimR

Indonesia   
German online dealers - I primarily use Lokshop, but have bought from a number of other online shops and sometimes also some well known US dealers for many discontinued items no longer available in Europe..

They're all been very reliable and I'm very happy with the service they offer.

I used eBay from time to time to get second hand items;
though I generally prefer to use our local auction website www.trademe.co.nz to source most second hand items or cheap rolling stocks.

Internet is indispensible.. wink
Now collecting C-Sine models.
Offline pab  
#26 Posted : 02 October 2009 02:14:23(UTC)
pab

Netherlands   
I live in the Netherlands
I mostly go to the Wapstad in Rijswijk (www.wapstad.nl).
About 20 minutes by car.
Others mentioned before modeltreinenexpress in Vlaardingen and Meijer&Blessing in Rotterdam. Before my retirement I visited Harlaar in Badhoevendorp regularly (I worked in Amsterdam).

Houten is wellknown in the Netherlands as the place to be. A large number of traders (new and second hand) about 6 - 8 times a year. Rolling stock and scenery. (http://www.modelspoorbeurs.nl)
About one hour by car.

Sometimes I buy from ebay (mostly old beercars) or in a shop I happen to pass by (I mostly check dealers before)
Offline atilla  
#27 Posted : 02 October 2009 02:35:24(UTC)
atilla

I bought my first starter set through a hobby store in Charlottesville, Va. I went through the links in the links section of this forum and found a bunch of online stores that I like (for the US). Right now, I have a 37226 ordered from AJCKIDS. I have bought stuff from http://www.eurorailhobbies.com/, and http://www.euromodeltrai.../home.pl?sid=1236728954. At some point, I think that I'll explore buying from some of the European shops as they look pretty competitive even with shipping.
Offline obxbill  
#28 Posted : 02 October 2009 03:24:04(UTC)
obxbill

United States   
Since I have no hobby shop of any kind nearby, I purchase from internet shops or ebay. There are two internet shops I deal with primarily: Helmuts Hobbies in Va. and Modellbahn Ott in Pa. Both have served me well. I must say, I would dearly love to just browse an actual store for Marklin. Maybe someday.

Bill
Marklin HO and Z also Hornby 00 and US 2-rail
Offline agvera  
#29 Posted : 02 October 2009 06:44:20(UTC)
agvera

Argentina   
I enjoyed your topic Chris.
There is an official Märklin dealer and several resellers in Buenos Aires city (25 Km from home) but I also buy from e-bay.
When goods come from abroad the intervention of a clearance agent is requested by customs because model trains are categorized as sumptuous merchandise and due import taxes [:(!]). That is somewhat similar to my wife´s thoughts!biggrin
Regards
Alberto
era II + III + IV
Offline Trainingtime  
#30 Posted : 02 October 2009 18:26:20(UTC)
Trainingtime

Some things from online dealers. If I want to see something before I buy or need something "now", I drive about 30 minutes to a marklin dealer.
Offline Philip  
#31 Posted : 02 October 2009 18:54:39(UTC)
Philip

When I was young, there were three shops that sold Märklin in my home town. Today there are none, and yet if I will buy used I go down in the city 5 minutes walk to our local antiquarian bookseller, where he in addition to used books sells 2nd hand Märklin. If I have to buy new I am going to Aarhus, Aalborg and Copenhagen who all have several well-assorted stores.

Philip
Philip.

Let's keep it simple.
MFDWPL
Offline dalym001  
#32 Posted : 02 October 2009 20:03:29(UTC)
dalym001

When I lived in South Africa (where I was born and grew up) I spent a LOT of time and money at The Shunting Yard in Johannesburg. Since I have lived in UK I tend to buy nearly all my M* from online shops in Europe or from eBay as there is really only 1 dealer that stocks M* and they are 50 miles from me and a bit expensive - but when I have enough time then I do ride my motorbike to them (nice roads and scenery for biking) for a look around and sometimes to buy other non-M* stuff.
Offline Harvey  
#33 Posted : 03 October 2009 03:56:17(UTC)
Harvey

United States   
I continually debate this with myself. For M track I buy from an on-line dealer who happens to be a few miles from where I work (no mailing issues). I have found his prices competitive with e-bay. For new cars and engines I buy from a local dealer, a few miles from my house. Repairs for new items are fully supported by both but I want to support my local dealer. My debates is whether I should buy everything from the on-line dealer, who has lower prices. I will decide item by item as I slowly build up my funds.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#34 Posted : 03 October 2009 04:57:29(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Philip
<br />When I was young, there were three shops that sold M�rklin in my home town. Today there are none.....

Same here. As I mentioned before, the one dealer we have here never has any stock, he's always got a shipment coming... Actually, Marklin is only a secondary business for him, his main business is TV repairs.

I should have added to my previous post that I do buy a few 2nd hand and near new Marklin items off our local Trademe auction site (www.trademe.co.nz). Our Marklin Club often sells items to members that the club has brought off other Marklin enthusiasts, so I also buy some items from the club. My double headed DB Cargo BR151 locos, and my SVT 137 railcar (pictures are in other threads on this forum) both were purchased from our Marklin Club.
Offline RDRBerry  
#35 Posted : 04 October 2009 02:11:10(UTC)
RDRBerry

Its been some time since we had a dealer I can access in the north of the UK, my local shop Frizinghall MRS does stock ac locos [ Roco and Lilliput]. I mange to get abroad once o twice a year to Europe and France but have never found a shop in France so its e bay and e shops mainly in Germany.

The dream plan is February is to get back to Germany for some serious second hand [poor exchange rate...ouchhh].
Ralph
HO digital ,Intellibox and 6021
Offline H0  
#36 Posted : 04 October 2009 02:55:32(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by banco
<br />I am able to use the internet to get things from more distant retailers.

I live in Germany and have several M* dealers "in range".

Internet dealers are cheaper.
Some dealers who operate a store and a web shop have different prices.

One shop is in a walking distance - but it opens only while I'm at the office. [:(]
Not much in stock either.

Dealers with many locomotives in stock are rare.

I buy some stuff (incl. locos) from stores (good to have them when you need tractions tyres, brushes &c. immediately) - but most items come from web shops.

BTW: people "down under" can't always blame the canoes. I once waited 12 months for Roco spare parts.
The Rh. 1216 (a 2008 M* new item) hasn't arrived yet (not to mention the 2009 new items we're still waiting for).
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline TimR  
#37 Posted : 04 October 2009 03:12:47(UTC)
TimR

Indonesia   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by H0
BTW: people "down under" can't always blame the canoes. I once waited 12 months for Roco spare parts.
The Rh. 1216 (a 2008 M* new item) hasn't arrived yet (not to mention the 2009 new items we're still waiting for).

Tom,
I think the problem is that even for many items Marklin had already indicated to be in stock; it will still take many more months before local dealers "down under" will ever see the items.

I've read in this forum also that at times there were problems with Marklin not delivering some of the items ordered by a local dealer - which now had been red-lighted.
Now collecting C-Sine models.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#38 Posted : 04 October 2009 03:17:51(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by TimR
<br />Tom,
I think the problem is that even for many items Marklin had already indicated to be in stock; it will still take many more months before local dealers "down under" will ever see the items.

And that can often be due to the fact that Marklin may not immediately supply to the dealer here the total quantity ordered. For example, if 10 items are ordered, 3 may be supplied now, 3 in 6 month's time, and the rest never at all!
Offline H0  
#39 Posted : 04 October 2009 03:59:16(UTC)
H0

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Bigdaddynz
<br />And that can often be due to the fact that Marklin may not immediately supply to the dealer here the total quantity ordered. For example, if 10 items are ordered, 3 may be supplied now, 3 in 6 month's time, and the rest never at all!

I'm afraid this can happen to German dealers, too (I'm still waiting for my M* #39013 (DB 01 150)).
"Afraid" is the wrong word, I'm dang sure it happens to dealers all over the world.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Deborail  
#40 Posted : 03 November 2009 13:02:50(UTC)
Deborail

United Arab Emirates   
I order online- (TRIX) -twice at trix.de and today my first lokshop.de order. Lokshop is cheaper. In Dubai there are a few hornby starter kits for children in a Hamleys Toy store at Dubai Mall, that's about it....
George

Given enough time, tasks manage themselves.
Offline old toot  
#41 Posted : 03 November 2009 14:23:21(UTC)
old toot

New Zealand   
well Im just go to work and run trains all day and thats where i get mine from HaHa ha some jobs do have perks
interesting to read of others perception of what we have available here at toottoot
we have in stock a full stock of both c track and k track including catenary and signals
there can be some odd outages but normally the next delivery in solves that
we carry a full range of spares tyres, sliders lights bulbs etc plus alot of engine parts as dion (a qualified electronic engineer and my son) does all the repair jobs as well as digital installs in a wide range of engines not just marklin locos
we also have a big range of Faller instock as well as ESu and Viessman lights and signals and controls
and all available at the click of a button and we also have a postalcentre as part of our store so
we don't have to even leave the store to post it to you and email you the tracking code for your parcel
Sometimes we are out and sometimes customers can catch us out with a very big order for something but most of the time
we have what they want in stock and that includes most of the Hobby range of wagons and some carriages and locos
and these are changing all the time as well as starter sets
so if we can help any of you log on and if the price is in green it is in stock and yes we do ship to australia and you can take the 12.5 GST OFF which covers most of your freight cost www.toottoot.co.nz We have had great support from local Kiwi customers and they are reaping the benefit that they can walk in and there is marklin for them to purchase here in nz or click on line and generally 48 hours later they have it
regards bryan ( we are close to Chch International Airport and with emirates and singapore airlines leave daily we generally get freight into england in 4 days delivered)
were we pickit, packit and postit
Offline mjrallare  
#42 Posted : 03 November 2009 15:02:28(UTC)
mjrallare

For many years I bought from a dealer not to far from where I live in Sweden. It worked great! But sadly they had to close.

I changed to another dealer in Sweden and it also worked ok. But our "relationship" was burdened by Märklins quality-problems. Maybe I was a bit too fussy. Anyway, when they wouldn't help me with this "sinus-upgrade thingy", I went to a German dealer that I've used since.

Service is great, but trying to get a parcel from the south of Germany to Sweden in an undamaged state has proven difficult.

I'm thinking of changing back to a Swedish dealer again, but that means 25-30% higher prices. But I'm beginning to think it would be worth it.
Sometimes I also buy rolling stock on e-bay, but those occasions are exceptions from the rule. However I've bought all my track, Mobile stations and trafos on e-bay.

/Torbjörn
Offline hxmiesa  
#43 Posted : 03 November 2009 16:27:18(UTC)
hxmiesa

Spain   
Close by shops are too expensive. I seldom support them ;-( (I do however often buy model kits, landscaping material and stuff like that from them...)
Most is bought on telephone from shops in Barcelona. (Huge stock. Prices like Lokshop. Delivery next day. No problems with payments or customs)
Some is bought via Ebay.
Some is bought second-hand when visiting Denmark in the summer.
Best regards
Henrik Hoexbroe ("The Dane In Spain")
http://hoexbroe.tripod.com
Offline pa-pauls  
#44 Posted : 03 November 2009 17:31:27(UTC)
pa-pauls

Most of my model's I get from a friend that live in Germany. He usually get's what I want.

Some model's I also get when I am in Germany. I also buy something on eBay now and then but that's seldom.
Pål Paulsen
Märklin Spur 1 Digital, epoche 3
Offline TomB  
#45 Posted : 03 November 2009 18:12:25(UTC)
TomB

I have my dealer in Germany who is Thomas Fischer (mbs-fischer). I trust him and he has got nice prices.
He mostly send me 4-8 items in a package, because the shipment cost me 20 Euro each time.

Occasionally I search and buy some models on the german ebay. If you are patient you find everything you are looking for.

Edited by user 04 November 2009 08:03:28(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Tom Blikstad
HO, german/swiss trains, Märklin K+C, ECoS I+II,
Viessmann, Kühn, MBTronik, WinDigipet 2012, WinTrack 11
Offline TOC  
#46 Posted : 03 November 2009 19:51:12(UTC)
TOC

We had a shop that was a Märklin dealer probebly 5 miles from my house.
But, since Walthers became the US distributor for Märklin, they have ceased to be so, and have gotten rid of most stock at this time.

Private parties (used) is where I am going.
Offline Piggy  
#47 Posted : 03 November 2009 21:20:02(UTC)
Piggy

Australia   
I got back into Model railway only 2 years ago. One of reasons was a very big model railway shop opened less than a kilometer from where i live. They display gauge 1 locos in window. I had a look in the shop a couple of times, and then I got hooked again. My local has reasonble prices and excelent service, I visit the shop a least once almost every week, also to check the second hand section.

I also shop on the German Ebay, for second hand stuff and god bargains. I really enjoy looking on Ebay.
Regards
Kenneth
CS1 update - K & C tracks - German Era 3B & 4, with some Swiss and Austrian visitors. - My Layout
Offline Davy  
#48 Posted : 04 November 2009 00:38:03(UTC)
Davy

I buy from my local dealer may be not the cheapest option. But I get first class service and sometimes I get great deals.

M-track with a CS2.
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#49 Posted : 04 November 2009 08:09:51(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Hemmerich
<br />Sounds almost like an ad. Cool

Every bit helps! That was the purpose of having our layout at our recent Railex exhibition. To promote the club, and to promote Marklin Model Railroading in particular. I think Dion (oldtoot's son) did very well over the weekend. Certainly nearly all the starter sets he had were sold.
Offline Olav  
#50 Posted : 04 November 2009 08:14:50(UTC)
Olav

I was on a specific occasion very disappointed about sopme service from my own dealer. Because of that I found a new dealer in Germany (Walter Licht). His pricing is very good as well as his service. I'll go two to three times per year to pick up my stuff when I'm close by for my work or other reasons. So far I'm very pleased.

Sometimes I'm buying some stuff in Tthe Netherlands, depending on price. And I'm bying a lot these days via ebay.