Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline kgsjoqvist  
#1 Posted : 09 February 2004 15:11:41(UTC)
kgsjoqvist

Sweden   
What about the conversion kits - will they also be changed to include the mfx decoders? If so, how will they be recognized? The ideal would be if they are programmable - if you put them in a loco of another brand ...

Or is the whole new mfx-concept only for factory-made locos? Maybe we will still be able to buy the 6090x-sets for converting old locos.

And what does the loco database include for old analog models? If I enter "3021" - will it recognize the model as a V200 ?

Many questions, and probably easy answers as soon as I get my hands on the equipment!

K-G / H0 and Z model train user
Offline rugauger  
#2 Posted : 09 February 2004 15:26:17(UTC)
rugauger

United Kingdom   
I'm only guessing here, but this is what I think:

Conversion kits will be the old 6090x sets for some time; this way, if you are torn between buying a second-hand loco and 6090x-ing it, or buying a model with the mfx in, Marklin have some hope of you being drawn towards the mfx with all the gizmos. Another argument could be that, with an mfx decoder, you might be talking too many extra functions than could be expected to be fitted outside the factory.

I don't think old analog models will be in the database; after all, this is a digital system, so it wouldn't be very useful for the database to contain: "3021, V200, analog, no functions, no decoder". I'm assuming that you would have to enter these locos manually. Unless it will have a "skeleton" entry, e.g. "3021 - V200" and leave the rest for you to enter, depending on what you've used to convert it to digital.

But as I said, these are just my guesses.
Richard