Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Seetal  
#1 Posted : 09 November 2008 20:07:49(UTC)
Seetal

Hi all,

Any recommendations for online store with large range of spare parts? I have a list of parts that includes 415670 (converting a dummy Re460 to a powered one). ETS is the only source I found so far just wanted to see if any one has other recommendations.

I tried some shops in the US with no luck (do not have the spare part) and Walters does not have them and neither does Marklin. I know about Marklin, but items not in stock. Any other recommended sources that ship to the US?

Thanks.

John
Offline plavnostruev  
#2 Posted : 09 November 2008 20:47:41(UTC)
plavnostruev

United States   
Perhaps litle known fact that Marklin parts are now available from Walthers; punch in 442-part# in search box to see if part available/in stock. You can buy directly from Walthers or from your local/online dealer (at a better price). This particular part is out of stock and needs to be back-ordered.

Mike
Offline Seetal  
#3 Posted : 10 November 2008 00:12:32(UTC)
Seetal

Hi Mike,

I did try Walters and Marklin but no joy. I wanted to get these items soon while I have the time to work on it. Hence the request. If time was not a problem then I would indeed order through a dealer here in the US. I buy very little and it's usually not the newest items. Another couple of weeks and then I will go through a US dealer and just wait.

Anybody else know a shop with a good range of spare parts on hand?

Thanks.

John

The search continues.
Offline DTaylor91  
#4 Posted : 10 November 2008 02:13:44(UTC)
DTaylor91

Heh, I didn't know about the Walthers thing, but since I just checked on it, I'm a bit discouraged. I thought I would look into getting a C-Sine motor and decoder from the 39103 locomotive to convert my Delta version of the model. Much to my surprise, Walthers lists it as available for backorder, BUT....

.... The price is $467.25, not counting shipping!!

Don Taylor
Offline laalves  
#5 Posted : 10 November 2008 02:50:01(UTC)
laalves

Forget about those conversions, they're way too expensive. If you want to do something that will yield a much better result for much less money, try an SB-Modellbau motor kit. It is however much more involved.
Offline plavnostruev  
#6 Posted : 10 November 2008 04:55:49(UTC)
plavnostruev

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by DTaylor91
<br />Heh, I didn't know about the Walthers thing, but since I just checked on it, I'm a bit discouraged. I thought I would look into getting a C-Sine motor and decoder from the 39103 locomotive to convert my Delta version of the model. Much to my surprise, Walthers lists it as available for backorder, BUT....

.... The price is $467.25, not counting shipping!!

Don Taylor

Don,

$467.25 is a full retail price, any dealer should be able to get you this part for a lot less.

Mike
Offline RayF  
#7 Posted : 10 November 2008 09:37:46(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Converting a Delta model to C-sine involves quite a bit of metalwork, does it not?

Don, are you sure you know what you are getting into?

Ray
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline DTaylor91  
#8 Posted : 11 November 2008 11:15:56(UTC)
DTaylor91

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by RayPayas
<br />Converting a Delta model to C-sine involves quite a bit of metalwork, does it not?

Don, are you sure you know what you are getting into?

Ray

Ray, from all the exploded parts sheets I've looked at for this particular model/motor combination, it would appear that this C-Sine motor is a bolt-in replacement for the regular drum commutator motor. If it worked, there were a few other locos I have that I would've loved to convert. I have a 39195, E91 E-Lok that has the bigger C-Sine motor, and I love the way it runs, plus the power it can produce.

Alas, at over $460.00, it would be cheaper to simply buy a used 39103. MUCH cheaper.

Mike, I realized that $467.25 was the full retail price, but since my dealer would have to go through Walthers now, it would still be an extremely expensive part.[:(]

laalves, where do I find out more about the SB-Modellbau motor?

Don Taylor