Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline JohnjeanB  
#51 Posted : 25 February 2024 11:18:21(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi Jim
Originally Posted by: dickinsonj Go to Quoted Post
I assumed that they were freely available in Europe

No they are not, I guess because there are more customers than units.
My shop in Paris (Au Pullman, Paris largest) received their first units around 14 December but they were all gone very fast. That got me decide to order my set (but not at 700€).
I understand the first production run delivery started around mi-December 2023 and ended up by mid-February.
There are 2 units available on ebay Germany but at Märklin listed price (679€) while the best price is way below (my set was ordered 599€ and still can be reserved at that price).
Märklin Website says "Vorübergehend nicht lieferbar Jetzt im Handel nachfragen" (Not available at the moment check with retailers).
It indicates there is another production run being produced otherwise they would indicate "Ausverkauft" (Sold-out) and German shop wouldn't be accepting new reservations.
Cheers
Jean
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by JohnjeanB
Offline Dreadnought  
#52 Posted : 25 February 2024 16:51:29(UTC)
Dreadnought

Canada   
I ordered this set as soon as it was announced. I have been a bit anxious seeing pictures and reviews posted here. I have asked my dealer who responds with a friendly shrug, saying "It arrives when it arrives". I suspect shipping woes, Suez, Panama, and China's economic woes (if they are made in China) are all adding to delay. In North America it will have to come through Missouri, to end up inCanada. That which may make it slower. Thank you for raising the issues surrounding delivery. I am less concerned.
Meanwhile my SNCF 241, and SNCB pacific are happily pulling segments of the Orient Express. Now if Marklin would only make some 1950"s sleeping cars, and restaurant cars for my imaginary Stockholm to Rome trains.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Dreadnought
Offline dickinsonj  
#53 Posted : 25 February 2024 18:58:44(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: Dreadnought Go to Quoted Post
I ordered this set as soon as it was announced. I have been a bit anxious seeing pictures and reviews posted here.

I ordered mine right away also, maybe 14 months ago, but they will arrive one of these days - at least I think they will. BigGrin

Since I had basically given up hope that Märklin would make a set like this, I will not complain about a wait. ThumpUp

Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
So many trains and so little time.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#54 Posted : 18 April 2024 05:52:49(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
These seem to be cropping up in europe based on some forum FB posts and other places :), but I have not heard anything more than that, or seen it in stock anywhere. Hopefully they arrive en masse soon
SBB Era 2-5
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by 5HorizonsRR
Offline mrmarklin  
#55 Posted : 18 April 2024 06:05:19(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   
Originally Posted by: 5HorizonsRR Go to Quoted Post
These seem to be cropping up in europe based on some forum FB posts and other places :), but I have not Angry Angry heard anything more than that, or seen it in stock anywhere. Hopefully they arrive en masse soon

They are being released. I have one.

As an aside, I hate the packaging. Each coach has its own package, like they were engines.
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mrmarklin
Offline dickinsonj  
#56 Posted : 18 April 2024 14:10:45(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
I almost revived this thread the other day because I am still waiting on my Edelweiss coach set.

It is good to hear that some are finally being delivered, which gives me hope that mine will arrive fairly soon.
Regards,
Jim

I have almost all Märklin and mostly HO, although I do have a small number of Z gauge trains!
Offline QQQ1970  
#57 Posted : 18 April 2024 15:53:03(UTC)
QQQ1970

Canada   
Still waiting mine. Dealer said around July.
Offline dickinsonj  
#58 Posted : 18 April 2024 17:21:17(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Originally Posted by: QQQ1970 Go to Quoted Post

OK, then probably not soon, but hopefully someday.

Regards,
Jim

Offline kiwiAlan  
#59 Posted : 18 April 2024 20:42:11(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: dickinsonj Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: QQQ1970 Go to Quoted Post

OK, then probably not soon, but hopefully someday.

Joes Modellbahn has had them for about four weeks now.
Offline dickinsonj  
#60 Posted : 18 April 2024 21:40:58(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
European dealers having them often means weeks or even months until US dealers get them.

For whatever reason, North American dealers often are the last to get any new Marklin item. No surprise there.
Regards,
Jim

Offline Marklineisenbahn  
#61 Posted : 18 April 2024 22:58:23(UTC)
Marklineisenbahn

United States   
Hi Dickinsonj,
Hey I think you might be right on this one!

Especially since the maritime disaster in Baltimore and bridge collapse, container ships are getting diverted so it means containers bound to Märklin USA would be delayed more and more…
Looks like delivery of Märklin Edelweiss sets are doomed in US of A cause above mentioned unfortunate events.
Regards,
Marklineisenbahn
Offline dickinsonj  
#62 Posted : 19 April 2024 00:53:36(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
I wasn't thinking of the shipping crunch on the east coast Marklineisenbahn.

I will report back if mine ever shows up!
Regards,
Jim

Offline franciscohg  
#63 Posted : 19 April 2024 01:29:19(UTC)
franciscohg

Chile   
Be patient.....it will arrive. And it is a wonderful set. worth the waiting.
It happened the same with my CCS700, my dealer in Chile lost the first batch of them, will have to wait till July aprox.
Regards
UserPostedImage German trains era I-II and selected III, era depends on the mood, mostly Maerklin but i can be heretic if needed XD, heresy is no longer an issue.. LOL
Offline dickinsonj  
#64 Posted : 19 April 2024 01:37:57(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Thanks for the encouragement Francisco, andi t is good to hear that this set of coaches is worth waiting for!

My dealer no longer gives me any updates on this kind of thing, which is not making it any easier, but someday they will arrive.

International shipping is a mess these days, which I'm sure is not helping either.
Regards,
Jim

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by dickinsonj
Offline JohnjeanB  
#65 Posted : 19 April 2024 13:49:53(UTC)
JohnjeanB

France   
Hi
I am sorry to say it again: Frenchman here, I am still waiting for my Edelweiss set and it may take another month.
I witnessed the delivery of the first 42470 sets in Au Pullman in Paris before Dec.15. 2023 and still there are many sets to be delivered.

The sets are still offered to new buyers so, I may be wrong but:
- you have to be patient
- no America has no unfair treatment (first ordered, first served BUT with (1) a nearby first delivery in case a return to factory is needed and (2) some shipment uncertainties everywhere in the world (Panama canal, Suez canal, Baltimore disaster)

There is a good indicator: on ebay Germany, these models keep on being delivered at reasonable prices
Why don't I purchase one of those? Because I have ordered one set at 590€ at Haertle

Cheers
Jean
Offline dickinsonj  
#66 Posted : 19 April 2024 14:07:17(UTC)
dickinsonj

United States   
Good info Jean, but I have seen American delivery of Marklin items come last for many years. It is not unusual for me to receive my first Insider model close to the end of the year, months later than my European friends have received theirs. I know, first world problems, it is just that I have been waiting for years for Marklin to make these coaches, and I am not getting any younger. BigGrin

I ordered my Edelweiss set in January of 2023 and it would be interesting to know when the people who already have these coaches ordered theirs.
Regards,
Jim

Offline Marklineisenbahn  
#67 Posted : 19 April 2024 14:19:32(UTC)
Marklineisenbahn

United States   
Hallo Dreileiters,
Well, what puzzles me is fact that Edelweiss TRIX set for 2 Rail is SOLD OUT at factory and production/ release date for this set is set at 3-4 Quarter of 2024.
Meanwhile Märklin 3 Rail Edelweiss set is poping up since January and dealers still taking orders!
eBay is actually full of them price ranges from 535 Euros to 695 Euros.
Regards,
Marklineisenbahn
Offline QQQ1970  
#68 Posted : 20 April 2024 15:42:04(UTC)
QQQ1970

Canada   
My expected July delivery date from German dealer
Offline QQQ1970  
#69 Posted : 20 April 2024 17:02:16(UTC)
QQQ1970

Canada   
Case in point. I ordered two CCS700. One from German dealer, one from Canadian dealer. I picked up from Canadian dealer. My German dealer is still waiting delivery.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by QQQ1970