Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline cintrans  
#1 Posted : 13 April 2024 01:50:11(UTC)
cintrans

Aruba   
I realize the BR53 never existed in real life, but if it did, or perhaps on similar engines of the time, what would have been the appropriate cars in the back of such a lok?

I am looking to buy some period correct wagons for mine and therefore the question. I assume they need to be DRG? Also in what I read the lok was suppose to be a freight hauler so I am guessing simple 2 axle box cars and flats are appropriate?

I am not a history buff when it comes to trains so thanks in advance for the info

Regards
Jean-Pierre
Online mvd71  
#2 Posted : 13 April 2024 02:41:24(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
I run mine with open coal wagons, about 20 in total
Offline applor  
#3 Posted : 13 April 2024 12:01:59(UTC)
applor

Australia   
Well it was a wartime design that wasn't completed. So you should run anything that a BR52 ran.
This also includes from after the war into Ep III, so freight wagons with DR Brit-US zone for example and those with DB.
It is unlikely to have ever pulled passenger trains, though the BR45 was photographed pulling an eilzug after the war so you could if you really wanted.

As a freight train there were different types, typical of larger steamers were Durchgangsguterzug - Mixed heavy goods through trains that travel between major railway centres. So they had all sorts of freight types in the consist.
Alternatively you could form a Ganzzug - a block train with wagons of the same type ie. Coal or Oil tank wagons.
modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by applor