Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Antonio Lopez P.  
#1 Posted : 14 March 2024 22:23:07(UTC)
Antonio Lopez P.

Panama   
Hello. I'm new and not to much clever on forums nor technology. As a try an error will ask how can solve a problem. I got a 23014 loco. Changed the rubbers on rear track wheels and forward wheels came off. Tried several ways to put them back but keep coming off. Afterwards all set of wheels came off and don't stay. The wheels with gear remain stick to the axel but opposite wheels dont. Is there a trick to put them back. Appreciate your help. Regards
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Antonio Lopez P.
Offline kimballthurlow  
#2 Posted : 15 March 2024 00:48:24(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Hello Antonio,
What brand of locomotive is that?
And how many driving wheels does it have?

Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline TrainIride  
#3 Posted : 15 March 2024 15:08:34(UTC)
TrainIride

France   
Hi Antonio,

is this this model : (Märklin 3005)

Marklin_3005.jpg

It happens on old models that have been driven a lot that the wheels opposite those with the gears no longer hold because their axle is worn.
But, we'll see...

Best Regards
Joël
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TrainIride
Offline Antonio Lopez P.  
#4 Posted : 15 March 2024 19:55:53(UTC)
Antonio Lopez P.

Panama   
Hello. Yes is the model Joël sent above (thank you) in photo Märklin 3005. Correct on wearing parts, has the 3000 stop for a broken doble gear, which already asked for spare. The problem I have is no Marklin dealer in Panama. Ebay has some spares parts but mostly others has to go around the world to find them, the freight to Panama is quite expensive. Has stop also Cocodrile and 3048, this last one when got it had all axeles frozen, took it apart and submerged on WD40 for weeks until they got free, now in process of assembly. Learnt to have patient on my tries and errors. Cheers
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Antonio Lopez P.
Offline TrainIride  
#5 Posted : 16 March 2024 10:05:04(UTC)
TrainIride

France   
Originally Posted by: Antonio Lopez P. Go to Quoted Post
Hello. Yes is the model Joël sent above (thank you) in photo Märklin 3005. Correct on wearing parts, has the 3000 stop for a broken doble gear, which already asked for spare. The problem I have is no Marklin dealer in Panama. Ebay has some spares parts but mostly others has to go around the world to find them, the freight to Panama is quite expensive. Has stop also Cocodrile and 3048, this last one when got it had all axeles frozen, took it apart and submerged on WD40 for weeks until they got free, now in process of assembly. Learnt to have patient on my tries and errors. Cheers

Hi Antonio,

it will be tricky to replace the wheels of the steam locomotive, because it will be necessary to realign the three wheels on each side so that the rods do not twist,
and to a lesser extent respect the alignment gap in relation to the wheels on the other side.

For this, there are special tools, to insert the wheels forcefully without twisting them,
the problem also will be to find some lesser old wheel-set for the 3005 without this problem of worn axle, may be an easier solution will be to find a complete 3005 chassis ...

there are pros and cons here on this forum, everyone has their own recipes, but I too have saved a lot of models from rust and gears stuck by oil thanks to WD-40.

Good luck for all of this.

Don't hesitate to ask for help on this forum and post photos.

Best Regards
Joël

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by TrainIride
Offline Antonio Lopez P.  
#6 Posted : 16 March 2024 21:39:44(UTC)
Antonio Lopez P.

Panama   
Hello Joël,

Thanks for advise, appreciate.

For time being as for wearing you mentioned, put two drops of loctite on rear wheel axel hole, opposite of the gear one. Only on one wheel to see what happend. Let dry overnight. Afterwards with a drill bit 3/32" (2.4mm) manual and slowly made it thru. Linned up both side of wheels with the biella rod coupling, wasnt easy to insert the wheel back to axel (plummers pliers helps), and it is working fine. Trying now with second wheel and see what happen. Ofcourse will let forum know outcome due believe I'm not the only one with this issue

Has for photos, will ask my son to teach me how to do it. As mentioned, me not smart on technolgy. Hahahaha

Cheers
Antonio
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Antonio Lopez P.
Offline Antonio Lopez P.  
#7 Posted : 25 March 2024 22:32:43(UTC)
Antonio Lopez P.

Panama   
Hello. Just wish to confirm the use of loctite is working well on wearing axels. Had also 3021 diesel with one wheel with same issue, used same procedure and is working fine too.

Have other issues as for a transformer HSV 40. How to check if it works or not, if it works how to hook it and run test

Regards
Antonio
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-25 at 16.21.54 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2024-03-25 at 16.21.54.jpeg
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Antonio Lopez P.