Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Puttputtmaru  
#1 Posted : 31 January 2024 00:30:05(UTC)
Puttputtmaru

Canada   
Ok after some programming of new stuff or a short circuit when I turn on my CS3 a couple of times a loco start running away.

I only have Marklin MFX locos.

From what I gather from decoder manual, I need;
« mfx/DCC operation: Locomotives standing on the layout start running suddenly during mfx registration. – Deactivate the automatic analog recognition on these locomotives »

From what I have read it seems to be cv29 that need s to be dealt with.

My question is, before I start changing stuff that I do not know much about, Am I right? And if so what numbers do I need to change in CV29 and from what to what?

Thanks
Offline PeFu  
#2 Posted : 31 January 2024 06:14:27(UTC)
PeFu

Sweden   
Yes, short circuits could cause this feature on engines that are enabled for analogue operation.

First you read CV29. If you get 0-3 or 32-35, analogue operation is already disabled on this engine. For any other value, decrease the value you get by 4. Program CV29 with that value.

Example: I read CV29 and get 6 (which is the default value of e.g. mLD3 decoders). 6-4=2, therefore i program CV29 with value 2.

For non-Märklin decoders, I would always refer to the manual for finding out CV:s…

However, it sounds strange to me that some locos start ”running away” after programming decoders. Are you programming on the programming track, or on the main layout tracks (PoM)? I’m always programming on the programming track. To simplify programming of non-engine decoders (such as turnout decoders), I added a separate ”sugar cube” terminal from the CS programming track output, for temporary connections in addition to the physical programming track.

Smile
Andreasburg-Mattiasberg Bahn is inspired by Swiss railways |Forum Thread |Track Plan |Youtube | C and K track | CS2 | TrainController Gold V10
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by PeFu
Offline Puttputtmaru  
#3 Posted : 31 January 2024 15:38:32(UTC)
Puttputtmaru

Canada   
Originally Posted by: PeFu Go to Quoted Post
Yes, short circuits could cause this feature on engines that are enabled for analogue operation.

First you read CV29. If you get 0-3 or 32-35, analogue operation is already disabled on this engine. For any other value, decrease the value you get by 4. Program CV29 with that value.

Example: I read CV29 and get 6 (which is the default value of e.g. mLD3 decoders). 6-4=2, therefore i program CV29 with value 2.

For non-Märklin decoders, I would always refer to the manual for finding out CV:s…

However, it sounds strange to me that some locos start ”running away” after programming decoders. Are you programming on the programming track, or on the main layout tracks (PoM)? I’m always programming on the programming track. To simplify programming of non-engine decoders (such as turnout decoders), I added a separate ”sugar cube” terminal from the CS programming track output, for temporary connections in addition to the physical programming track.

Smile

Thanks for the answer and thanks for really answering it to the point and with clarity.

Yes I do program on my « regular track » for other things than locos. My layout is a temporary one for now just to get the hang of it before I start my real new layout. (Been out of the hobby for a while, digital was none existant at the time).

I will start a programming track « sugar cube ». THANKS.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Puttputtmaru