Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Kiko  
#1 Posted : 11 October 2023 02:12:38(UTC)
Kiko

Canada   
Hello All,

I've recently installed a new Marklin mSD3 decoder and would like to have a "fade out" and "fade in" option for the sound when the loco enters and leaves a tunnel. This is easily accomplished with the ESU LokSound decoders but I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure this out using the Marklin Decoder Programmer Tool. Has anyone discovered how to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Andry
Andry
// Marklin HO K track; ECoS; TrainController Gold; Marklin & ESU decoders; Arduino controlled Switches, Semaphores & Accessories (DCC); Win 11 //
Offline Tie  
#2 Posted : 11 October 2023 17:45:32(UTC)
Tie

Norway   
Sorry not to provide the answer… But I will certainly implement if possible. Never thought about it, but the sounds of course carry unrealistically loud through our mock up mountains.
Regards
Thor
Offline Kiko  
#3 Posted : 11 October 2023 17:48:52(UTC)
Kiko

Canada   
Originally Posted by: Tie Go to Quoted Post
I will certainly implement if possible.

Hello Thor,
That would be much appreciated! Please let me know if you're successful.

All the best,
Andry
Andry
// Marklin HO K track; ECoS; TrainController Gold; Marklin & ESU decoders; Arduino controlled Switches, Semaphores & Accessories (DCC); Win 11 //
Offline bph  
#4 Posted : 11 October 2023 22:53:13(UTC)
bph

Norway   
have you tried the logical function called "Sound mute" ?
It seems to only mutes the sound, without any fading in out options. However the corresponding icon is called "sound mute/fade" so there might be some fading options hidden away somewhere. Or perhaps Märklin has not yet(?) added a "sound fade" logical function?
Offline Kiko  
#5 Posted : 11 October 2023 23:42:38(UTC)
Kiko

Canada   
Originally Posted by: bph Go to Quoted Post
have you tried the logical function called "Sound mute"?
It seems to only mutes the sound, without any fading in out options. However the corresponding icon is called "sound mute/fade" so there might be some fading options hidden away somewhere. Or perhaps Märklin has not yet(?) added a "sound fade" logical function?

Hello bph!

Yes, I'm using that feature at the moment, but it's not a fade, just a mute. As you mentioned, it only shuts down the sound, which is pretty unrealistic. Nothihng like the LokSound mute. There are no additional options hidden as far as I can tell. Nothing to create a fade. That's just too bad. I hope Marklin implements this feature. Or... maybe someone has figured it out and will post.

Thanks for your reply.
Andry

Andry