Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline vilithejou  
#1 Posted : 26 October 2015 18:17:30(UTC)
vilithejou

Marklin has made new website

www.marklin.de
Joan Vilarrúbia
vilithejou@yahoo.es
Fan of Märklín, Kroko lover
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by vilithejou
Offline Goofy  
#2 Posted : 26 October 2015 18:37:00(UTC)
Goofy

Yes...but they have some problems with the screen,like to scroll down etc...
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline RayF  
#3 Posted : 26 October 2015 18:42:57(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Seems to work OK for me.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline rbonet  
#4 Posted : 26 October 2015 19:27:37(UTC)
rbonet

Spain   
... and you can apply online for the Insider membership

Rafael
Collecting Era I, II & III, mainly German, French & Spanish RR, some USA
Offline waorb  
#5 Posted : 26 October 2015 19:44:45(UTC)
waorb

Brazil   

Yes, new website...

I was confused today morning when searching for something on Märklin.de... I was wondering why I was trying to search on MärklinShop website... but realized that they copy/paste the layouts... MarklinShopOnline had exchanged to this new layout from almost 10 days ago...

Blink

Cheers,

Walter
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#6 Posted : 26 October 2015 21:24:16(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: rbonet Go to Quoted Post
... and you can apply online for the Insider membership

And you can select an English language version of the website.
Online H0  
#7 Posted : 26 October 2015 22:56:21(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Bigdaddynz Go to Quoted Post
And you can select an English language version of the website.
Yes - on those few pages where the option is enabled.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Eurobahnfan  
#8 Posted : 27 October 2015 20:28:30(UTC)
Eurobahnfan

United States   
Just tried to log in to the Insider section... and can't :( Anybody else having problems?
Offline steventrain  
#9 Posted : 27 October 2015 23:14:58(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Eurobahnfan Go to Quoted Post
Just tried to log in to the Insider section... and can't :( Anybody else having problems?

I log in Club site and look fine, No problem at all.

Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline mrmarklin  
#10 Posted : 28 October 2015 06:12:28(UTC)
mrmarklin

United States   

I also had a problem with the Insider section. I could log in, but could not access any information.
From the People's Republik of Kalifornia
Offline NS1200  
#11 Posted : 28 October 2015 07:32:38(UTC)
NS1200

Netherlands   
It is looking rather smart,i must say.
Well done M!
Have more than you show,speak less than you know (Shakespeare).
Offline lglarsson  
#12 Posted : 28 October 2015 09:36:12(UTC)
lglarsson

Sweden   
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
Seems to work OK for me.

Hi, it works fine for me too. Nice facelift.
Login to Insiders club without any problems.
Regards
LGBigGrin
Märklin collector/K-track, permanent layout since 1985/60214 CS2, CS3+, 60174 Boosters/WinDigipet, WinTrack, Collection/
Offline steventrain  
#13 Posted : 28 October 2015 13:59:35(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
I think Marklin USA website need a new site as Database Bank search not found.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Online H0  
#14 Posted : 28 October 2015 15:33:00(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post
I think Marklin USA website need a new site as Database Bank search not found.
marklin.com uses the database search from maerklin.de.
If the old search is no longer available on maerklin.de then marklin.com will have to be updated.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline grnwtrs  
#15 Posted : 30 October 2015 21:32:36(UTC)
grnwtrs

United States   

Me TOO!

I tried to use my USA CLUB number, but the site did not recognize it.Laugh

I have a old number/characters set sent to me from New Berlin, so I will try
to find that stuff and re try to get on to the insider site.

As for the product/parts section. Loooks good for marketing, but to me it stinks.Cursing

The old site gave me the stuff about the engines/cars/sets. In one simple page or 2.
This latest stuff is all contorted.

I have yet to figure out how to find much less down load the parts section.

I usually keep a copy of the history with each engine/set/etc.
And then make sure I have a copy of the available parts list.

Regards, gene
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by grnwtrs
Offline Shamu  
#16 Posted : 31 October 2015 01:07:45(UTC)
Shamu

Australia   
Originally Posted by: grnwtrs Go to Quoted Post

As for the product/parts section. Loooks good for marketing, but to me it stinks.Cursing

The old site gave me the stuff about the engines/cars/sets. In one simple page or 2.
This latest stuff is all contorted.

I have yet to figure out how to find much less down load the parts section.

Regards, gene

Totally agree with you, I'm far from impressed with all the hoops you have to jump through now to find manuals/parts sheets. (not that I have been able to so far Cursing)

Fine, the new site is a improvement on the eye but for the service/technical aspects of the site they had it right before and should have left well enough alone.

Thank goodness I have all my lok's paperwork downloaded already.
Sad when its cheaper to buy a new 29640 starter set from Germany than a CS2 on its own in Oz, welcome to the joys of Marklin down under .
Offline pab  
#17 Posted : 01 November 2015 16:25:11(UTC)
pab

Netherlands   
For me it doesn't too complex to find the "Exploded drawings and spare parst list.
I use always the German version but you can set the German version to English

On the homepage just scroll down to the "Märklin for pros section" and choose Manuals and spare parts.

The shown database is in German, you have to choose English again.

Type in the product number of the item and then you can choose:

Operations manual
or
Exploded drawing which includes the spare parts list

Just a few clicks away and easy to find. Not more complex than the old version in my opinion.
By the way, I like the looks of the new site.
Offline clapcott  
#18 Posted : 01 November 2015 20:20:48(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: pab Go to Quoted Post
... On the homepage just scroll down to the "Märklin for pros section" and choose Manuals and spare parts.

Better still - ignore/bypass all the rubbish and click "Spare Parts" at the very top of the home page.
And then bookmark that page for the future.

I personally do not like the "bubble gum" image of the new format with all its "in your face" animation and distractions. However that just means there is more incentive to get your bookmarks set up.

For those that might find it helpful, most browsers offer a zoom function that means (with pages with oversized fonts) you can actually get what you wont on on the first screen without having to scroll. (for my desktop 75% or even 67% is more practical)
I do deplore the way Marklin have changed from having the options horizontally to vertically (wasting excessive page space - e.g. products manual lists)

When using bookmarks you may also override the annoying minimal (usually 10) "per page count"
e.g. "http://www.maerklin.de/en/service/manuals-spare-parts/spare-parts-lists/?category%5D=2&tx_torrspareparts_pi1%5Bperpage%5D=1000"
will give you 1000 items per page and (for this HO section) means you only have 3 pages to scroll through.

Peter
Offline biedmatt  
#19 Posted : 20 November 2015 13:28:01(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
I wish these boobs would just leave the damn thing alone. Now my database link, which has worked for years, takes me to some new worthless page. Now I can not find the product database.

http://www.maerklin.de/e...ervice/product-database/

Edit: LOL Now the link works again.

I miss the old site. With Insider and MHI lokos, you could at least see the exploded diagrams for the loko since they do not post the operating manuals. Now you just get a page with 1.5" blocks describing the part and listing the price with a button to add to your cart. The German textual descriptions mean nothing to this English only speaker. Anyone could use the exploded diagrams. They really do need to be reminded daily that they are an international company. This is worthless: http://www.maerklinshop....rds=39205&iBrandId=1

Edit2: Found the exploded diagrams. I guess you just need to pick a loko where they have chosen to post the diagram.
http://www.maerklinshop....rds=37082&iBrandId=1
Matt
Era 3
DB lokos, coaches and freight cars from across Europe
But I do have the obligatory (six) SBB Krocs
ECoS 50200, all FX and MFX decoders replaced with ESU V4s, operated in DCC-RailCom+ with ABC brake control.
With the exception of the passenger wagens with Marklin current conducting couplers, all close couplers have been replaced with Roco 40397.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by biedmatt
Offline RayF  
#20 Posted : 20 November 2015 13:34:24(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Originally Posted by: biedmatt Go to Quoted Post
I wish these boobs would just leave the damn thing alone. Now my database link, which has worked for years, takes me to some new worthless page. Now I can not find the product database.

http://www.maerklin.de/e...ervice/product-database/

Hi Matt,

I don't know what you mean. The link in your post takes me right to the product database.

What page are you expecting?

Edit: - OK, sorry, now I saw your edit!
Ray
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline kimballthurlow  
#21 Posted : 21 November 2015 00:15:26(UTC)
kimballthurlow

Australia   
Originally Posted by: clapcott Go to Quoted Post
... ..Marklin have changed from having the options horizontally to vertically (wasting excessive page space - e.g. products manual lists)

Hi Peter,
This seems to be a requirement for web developers, if they wish to maximize the search engine success rate.
Now, the site structure needs to fit with small vertically aligned mobile devices (Google instruction).

Marklin seemed to have achieved that.
Have a look at this site on your smart phone to see what I mean.

regards
Kimball
HO Scale - Märklin (ep II-III and VI, C Track, digital) - 2 rail HO (Queensland Australia, UK, USA) - 3 rail OO (English Hornby Dublo) - old clockwork O gauge - Live Steam 90mm (3.1/2 inch) gauge.
Offline river6109  
#22 Posted : 21 November 2015 02:29:12(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
it doesn't do it for me and this is not only Märklin, there is too much stuff going on, I rather see a website split into categories such as gauge, I'm not interested in Z-N or 1 gauge and all this glossy display of real life locos and the model doesn't do it either, in real life the model isn't anything like it, comparing the 2, they may have copied the details more but everything else becomes irrelevant especially freight locos.

on one side too much information and on the other side not enough information. its a world of dreams and fashion. look at car advertisements these days, there is nothing about the car anymore, its your navigator which is the most important achievement to get from point A to your nearest pub. or to have fun and go to places your average person would never go, or buying a 4 wheel drive car and using it to see if you can beat some mountain bike riders, or driving up a cliff top, it doesn't tell you if it has a spare tyre or how big the fuel tank is. advertising these days is so abstract you wonder what is it all about.

I like the simple things, you're looking for a particular thing, open the website and here it is, not going through information and information overlapped by other information and pictures and more information.

suppose it's the world we live in including mobile phones, so we can search the latest arrivals from Märklin, new items, released items, who has got what and the list goes on, all I can say its boring by going up and down and sideways on your screen to get to the object you wanted in the first place but this is all called fun these days and 21st century technology. it surprises me people still live at home why not just live on the street and have your best friend with you at all times: your mobile phone, can't do without it and this brings me back to images and more images, information and more information, we used to have images of the inside of a loco, not anymore, to be quite honest I can't see the purpose for all of this what I would like to see from a loco, (displayed in a video) what can it do, can it go up a hill ? has it Telex coupling and how does the Telex coupling perform, are 2 rubber tyres enough to pull a descent load behind it, are the locos for sale suitable for a layout, like long distance express trains, in most cases this is irrelevant because we don't have the room for it but we are filling up our display cabinets with locos and carriages because someone is bringing out a new loco more often than ever before. as children we had a deprived childhood, toys was a luxury and who ever got a train for Christmas was very lucky indeed, today its not about getting one train, you need at least a dozen otherwise your satisfaction quota hasn't reached the 21st century requirement level.

this is why this website is so pleasant, you can look, you can search, you can ask questions and usually get answers straight away, a glossy website doesn't offer any of these important tools and this website is as popular as ever, it had a few updates and a new look face but its the content which matters and I'm not convinced the new look Märklin website does it for me.

Roco's website has one advantage, you can opt for locos made from different railway companies, e.g. DB, ÖBB, SBB, BLS, SNCF etc etc. and this enables you cut out all the other locos you're not really searching for, regardless, steam, diesel or electric, this is what I call a consumer friendly application and who cares , its all forgotten within a week.

old fashioned

John
https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by river6109
Offline clapcott  
#23 Posted : 21 November 2015 09:53:10(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: kimballthurlow Go to Quoted Post

Have a look at this site on your smart phone to see what I mean.

Why the hell would I wont to do that?!

Peter
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by clapcott
Online H0  
#24 Posted : 21 November 2015 13:08:37(UTC)
H0

Why the hell would I want to do that?!
Exactly my thought.
A web site should be optimized for the target group, not for a single search engine.

Some folks on Stummi's Forum are happy about the new site and how well it works on smartphones.
But I doubt the majority of the site users are happy about the new design.

I use a PC - and the usability is worse now IMHO.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline Goofy  
#25 Posted : 22 November 2015 10:48:28(UTC)
Goofy

Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Why the hell would I want to do that?!
Exactly my thought.
A web site should be optimized for the target group, not for a single search engine.

Some folks on Stummi's Forum are happy about the new site and how well it works on smartphones.
But I doubt the majority of the site users are happy about the new design.

I use a PC - and the usability is worse now IMHO.

Same here!
Märklins new website is worse.
I did like the old,but Märklin should have update website about digital information instead.

H0
Offline RayF  
#26 Posted : 22 November 2015 12:28:48(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
I would say this is true of virtually every website now. They all want to be "cool" with the younger smartphone generation so all websites are re-done to work better for them.

Shame that they can't find ways of making the trains themselves appear more "cool" to teenagers!
Ray
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by RayF
Offline biedmatt  
#27 Posted : 22 November 2015 12:40:28(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
I was thinking the same thing Ray. At first you could be left with the impression they have no clue who their target market is, but perhaps they do and this is to make the site and perhaps the products more appealing to a younger generation. Still, it's just a big pain in the ass. Their first priority needs to be posting exploded diagram for all lokos. Without that, you have no clue what part you want. I generally brows with an iPad, but I hold it in portrait mode to simulate the PC screen orientation which I am familiar.

Edit: I just went to the Marklin iPad catalog app, it doesn't work in portrait. They fixed it so it will work "right side up or upside down" in landscape, but it will not orient the information when the screen is held in portrait.
Matt
Era 3
ECoS 50200, all FX and MFX decoders replaced with ESU V4s, operated in DCC-RailCom+ with ABC brake control.
With the exception of the passenger wagens with Marklin current conducting couplers, all close couplers have been replaced with Roco 40397.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by biedmatt
Offline Eurobahnfan  
#28 Posted : 20 January 2016 19:20:18(UTC)
Eurobahnfan

United States   
Just tried to log in again... and still no luck. I was hoping to download the DVD cover for the latest "Year with Maerklin" offering :( Does anyone here have it saved as a PDF they could forward along to me?
Offline steventrain  
#29 Posted : 20 January 2016 21:12:43(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Just tried to log in again... and still no luck. I was hoping to download the DVD cover for the latest "Year with Maerklin" offering :( Does anyone here have it saved as a PDF they could forward along to me?

You looking for 2015-1 cover?

2015-2 not available yet.
Offline graafjp  
#30 Posted : 20 January 2016 21:13:55(UTC)
graafjp

Netherlands   
Hi Steve,

Just checked and no trouble logging into the club area.

I attached the DVD cover(s) to this post, latest English one available is 2015-1
German version is already available 2015-2.

DVD_Cover_2015_1_Maerklin_E.pdf (2,754kb) downloaded 56 time(s).
DVD_Cover_2015_2_Maerklin.pdf (3,702kb) downloaded 26 time(s).

Edited by user 21 January 2016 08:24:16(UTC)  | Reason: Added 2015-2 cover German Version

Regards,
Jos
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by graafjp
Offline Eurobahnfan  
#31 Posted : 20 January 2016 23:07:10(UTC)
Eurobahnfan

United States   
Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post

You looking for 2015-1 cover?

2015-2 not available yet.

2015-2... seems M is a little slow to post the new cover. Good to know I'm not aloneBigGrin
Offline graafjp  
#32 Posted : 21 January 2016 08:26:11(UTC)
graafjp

Netherlands   
See post #30 for the German 2015-2 DVD cover.
Regards,
Jos
Offline Carim  
#33 Posted : 06 February 2016 16:39:25(UTC)
Carim

United Kingdom   
I went onto the "spare parts" section of the online shop (my 88680 slipped out of my hand & shattered a bogie - now I can't find one of the gears or the spring for the coupler Crying ) - you have to use the one in German - got all the parts I needed into the shopping cart, entered my payment details and went to confirm the order but then the website couldn't find the next page! Angry Has this happened to anyone else or is it just me? Is the new webshop configured for any particular browser - I'm using Firefox v44.0.

Thanks,
Carim

Update: I found that the website worked using Chrome as the browser.

Edited by user 08 February 2016 10:07:18(UTC)  | Reason: Update

Offline NZMarklinist  
#34 Posted : 15 February 2016 15:42:33(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Whilst I think the new site presents quite OK, and yes parts and manuals are easy enough to find, the old product database page was far superior and much easier to make use of. It was easier to view and more concise IMHO, and in particular research a group of models !
Lets say the V90 Diesel loks. With the old page you could enter 37899, and that would throw out a list going beyond that of all the 379XX models.
Another scenario, if I wanted to research all the SDS or C Sine models, you could just enter 38999, and everything beyond 39xxx was shown. It is polluted these days with so called premium models with the 39xxx catalogue numbers but I could still identify the C Sine models from that list, which was not so, if at all, non C Sine polluted, for want of a more appropriate word, just a few years ago prior to the throw away HEP can motors taking over.
Fudging the numbers on the new site, just gets a "Unfortunately, no product could be found for your search inquiry."

Sadly I believe we lost a great on line resource, with the demise of the old product database page ThumbDown
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by NZMarklinist
Online H0  
#35 Posted : 15 February 2016 15:45:30(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: NZMarklinist Go to Quoted Post
Sadly I believe we lost a great on line resource, with the demise of the old product database page ThumbDown
Maybe try this:
http://archiv.maerklin.d...Logo=1&fromSLIMSITE=

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline NZMarklinist  
#36 Posted : 15 February 2016 16:15:11(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Maybe try this:

That's it ThumpUp

Thanks Tom Smile
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline biedmatt  
#37 Posted : 15 February 2016 16:26:49(UTC)
biedmatt

United States   
The new site is just a PITA with my iPad. Go to an item page, start scrolling down to see the info and then it jumps down forcing me to scroll up, only to have it jump in the opposite direction. If not for the "compact view" option, the site would be impossible to use.
Matt
Era 3
Offline grnwtrs  
#38 Posted : 15 February 2016 23:57:23(UTC)
grnwtrs

United States   
Confused
Maybe try this:

Thanks Tom,

I bookmarked the "new" old site. Saves me from going to a dealer site to get the same info.
Just a couple fewer hoops(oops) to go through.

Now what are they going to do about the "Exploded Drawings" with parts lists? Mad

I guess this is the site created for the Marklin dealers, with the add-on of the "unseen" visual.
Pretty much truncated on the page, and still waste a lot of trees.Crying

Stuff like this would not happen if they had to USE IT!! Confused
Maybe they will "get it" in a couple more years.

Regards to All,
gene
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by grnwtrs
Offline RayF  
#39 Posted : 16 February 2016 12:41:22(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
The exploded drawings are still available on the new site

http://www.maerklin.de/e...arts/spare-parts-search/

I just searched on the spare parts search page for 37650 (as an example) and hit the link for "exploded drawing"

https://medienpdb.maerkl...es/1/pdf/37650_explo.pdf
Ray
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by RayF
Offline Goofy  
#40 Posted : 16 February 2016 17:05:27(UTC)
Goofy

When i write in the search,an popup windows appears and keep on,it appears again with another popup windows...etc
As i did wrote before,the old website was better.
H0
Offline grnwtrs  
#41 Posted : 17 February 2016 02:03:35(UTC)
grnwtrs

United States   
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
The exploded drawings are still available on the new site

http://www.maerklin.de/e...arts/spare-parts-search/

I just searched on the spare parts search page for 37650 (as an example) and hit the link for "exploded drawing"

https://medienpdb.maerkl...es/1/pdf/37650_explo.pdf

Thanks for the tip. And the pointer to the Marklin site.

I use one of their sites, never which one.
I was trying to find out the "exploded drawing" of the railcar 37775 for SVT 137 HAMBURG.Crying

All I got was individual parts, then I put in the 37774 number is the search.
Then I got something about "exploded drawings. I went for it. Laugh

I figured the marklin 37774 was close enough to the 37775 to run a quick
part list print out.

Frankly, I have little confidence of finding the Marklin exploded drawings for any engines
or cars. Seems like if I get the number correct, there is NO indication if the parts are
available or NOT. There is no consistency much less feedback.

Best Regards to all,

gene

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by grnwtrs