Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline skeeterbuck  
#1 Posted : 01 February 2016 18:19:09(UTC)
skeeterbuck

United States   
I'm looking for 3 different part numbers for 3 different Marklin items. (2 steam locos and 1 passenger car) these are all small parts that are not indicated in the operator's manual included with the items. I've email Marklin on the 29th of December and they responded back on the 18th of January and requested pics of where the items are located. As of this posting I haven't heard anything back.

Does anyone know if this is normal? Is there a better way to proceed? I realize with the holidays and then the Toy Fair this is a rather busy time of year, but I thought that when the pics were sent, they would understand what part I'm looking for and rather quickly be able to respond.

Is there a better way to proceed? Is calling better? I can only speak English. Do they have operators that can speak English?

This is getting rather frustrating. Cursing

Thanks!

Chuck
Offline RayF  
#2 Posted : 01 February 2016 18:31:04(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Hi Chuck,

You mentioned that the parts are not listed in the operator's manual. Have you consulted the exploded diagrams for your locos? These are available for most locos on the Marklin website.

This is the example for a 3085:

http://www.maerklin.de/s...1&artikelnummer=3085
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline skeeterbuck  
#3 Posted : 01 February 2016 18:35:56(UTC)
skeeterbuck

United States   
Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
Hi Chuck,

You mentioned that the parts are not listed in the operator's manual. Have you consulted the exploded diagrams for your locos? These are available for most locos on the Marklin website.

This is the example for a 3085:

http://www.maerklin.de/s...1&artikelnummer=3085

Yes Ray I have.

Chuck
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by skeeterbuck
Offline Sander van Wijk  
#4 Posted : 01 February 2016 22:10:53(UTC)
Sander van Wijk

Netherlands   
Hi Chuck,

From my own personal experience (writing in not-overly-good German, though); a good response on e-mail from Märklin can be expected within two weeks. So, as you mentioned it is indeed a busy time, and taking into account the last e-mail in which pictures have been requested was sent on the 18th of January, I think you're very likely to receive an answer soon. This, assuming that you have indeed responded to the initial answer you received from them on the 18th? As said, my personal experience with Märklin Service requests so far has only been positive.

Crossing my fingers for you... Cheers!
Sander
---
Era I(b): K.Bay.Sts.B. and K.W.St.E.
Offline mike c  
#5 Posted : 02 February 2016 04:56:33(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Chuck:

Which models are you looking for parts for? Can you describe the parts in question?

Quote:
I'm looking for 3 different part numbers for 3 different Marklin items. (2 steam locos and 1 passenger car) these are all small parts that are not indicated in the operator's manual included with the items. I've email Marklin on the 29th of December and they responded back on the 18th of January and requested pics of where the items are located. As of this posting I haven't heard anything back.

Did you reply to their message of 18/01 and did you include photos or descriptions of the parts or area where the parts are missing from? If you replied on the 18th, you should perhaps expect a response this week.

If you would like some assistance from the forum, please provide a description of the parts you are looking for.
Perhaps one of us might have the information that you are looking for.
You may also wish to consider in the case of a coach, that it might be cheaper to replace the whole coach than to order a small part from Maerklin and have to pay EUR 49 for shipping it.

Regards

Mike C
Offline skeeterbuck  
#6 Posted : 02 February 2016 13:47:34(UTC)
skeeterbuck

United States   
Hi Mike,

The 3 parts I am looking for are the following:

Marklin 39021 Blue Baden Loco - I need one of the stanchions for the handrail located on the boiler dome. I was able to locate part #140913 ZUBEHÖR-SET GRIFFSTANGEN which I intrepid to be "Accessory Set- Handrails" for 14.99 euros. My guess is that this is all the handrails for the complete loco. I hope that they include the stanchions and it just not the "rails only".

Set 2995 from 1995 included a BR41 engine. I need the plastic casting that simulates the electrical generator. This is an attachment to the metal boiler. On any version of the BR41 in Marklin's service diagrams they don't indicate this as a separate part. However on other diagrams for other engines they do and give a part number for it which is very confusing. Anyway, my thought is to compare the ones that are available separately and just order one of them and make do as is.

The third part is the trickiest of the three. I'm looking for the outer end door handrail (closest to coupler) for one of the teak sided cars in the 42757 set. FYI: The inner door handrail (closest to center of the car) is a different design.

UserPostedImage

These are the same molding that were used in the Orient Express sets. To the best of my knowledge Marklin has never released these style cars separately. However, under the Trix name they have been released separately (23473 & 23474). I have been unable to locate any parts diagram for either of these cars.

To my way of thinking, even if Marklin doesn't indicate it on their "Parts Service Diagrams", These must have part numbers assigned to them for inventory and assembly purposes.

Any help towards me acquiring these parts I need will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Chuck