Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline RayF  
#1 Posted : 28 July 2015 21:42:17(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Hi all,

I might have missed another post on this topic, so I apologise if this has been asked already.

I tried to order a couple of mLd decoders today from Lokshop, and both 60942 and 60962 versions are marked as "no longer produced". I went to the Marklin website and it was confirmed there.

Are these decoders being replaced by another model, or are we supposed to fork out for the extra cost of sound decoders instead? All the mSd decoders still seem to be available.

I was about to order ESU Lokpilots instead when I noticed that the Marklin 60760 kits are about the same price, so I've ordered two more of those, use the decoders from these kits and I will have the motor parts left over for another future conversion.

Ideally I would prefer Marklin mfx decoders, so I would appreciate news of replacement decoders if and when they become available.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by RayF
Offline 3rail4life  
#2 Posted : 28 July 2015 22:50:29(UTC)
3rail4life

United States   
Good question Ray, looks like the mSD may be done too (60945), I'm thinking maybe they want to add mfx+ to the decoders, but who knows Confused .

What ever they do, I hope there will be replacements and they remain as competitively priced as this last generation.

Cheers,
Gordon
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by 3rail4life
Offline Shamu  
#3 Posted : 29 July 2015 01:41:39(UTC)
Shamu

Australia   
I thought I had read somewhere that they were being heavily discounted by some shops in Europe so I assumed they were doing a run out on them for a new model.

Trouble is assuming something doesn't always work out, time to try and grab a few more mLD's if I can find some for a decent price. Fortunately I bought a dozen mSD's last year before the OZ dollar tanked.

EDIT:

Ray,

Just got a 6 pack from Joes-Modellbahnlädle (Joachim Diez), he was the cheapest I could find that would ship to OZ, in fact his listing on AU eBay was $4 cheeper than DE eBay.

I assume that they will be replaced by MFX+ decoders at some stage but I won't be holding my breath.
Sad when its cheaper to buy a new 29640 starter set from Germany than a CS2 on its own in Oz, welcome to the joys of Marklin down under .
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Shamu