Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Nigel Packer  
#1 Posted : 04 October 2014 13:53:50(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
My wife, Chris, and I were privileged to be invited this week to visit the Hans Peter Porsche Traumwerk in Bavaria, which is currently under construction.

This incredible new museum is being built on a green-field site, and will become a must-see location for all Märklin enthusiasts.

Probably the best Märklin collection in the world (owned by Mr Porsche), probably the best Märklin layout in the world (being built by Brima), and many other features, in what is, without doubt, one of the best modern museum buildings in the world. There will be a large restaurant, a large auditorium/conference centre, outside activities, a Märklin shop, plenty of parking, and all sorts of facilities for visitors. And everything is being designed and built to the standards that are expected from Porsche.

We were the first people from Britain to have visited this development, and we saw all sorts of things. I don’t believe there will be anything else quite like it, anywhere in the world. We were very impressed with the scope, the vision, the ambition, the imagination, and the quality that has gone into this huge project.

The museum is planned to open in April 2015, and all I can say is that, wherever in the world you live, you should definitely include a visit to this in your plans for the future, or in your bucket list! You won’t be disappointed!

Nigel
Märklin collector since age 5.
H0 Collection from 1935 to today.
thanks 22 users liked this useful post by Nigel Packer
Offline ronxp  
#2 Posted : 04 October 2014 15:55:44(UTC)
ronxp

Did you made Some pictures?
Offline Ian555  
#3 Posted : 04 October 2014 17:01:26(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Nigel,

Been following the layout build (387 sq m ) on their web page and also on a FB group.

Ian.
Offline JanThyregod  
#4 Posted : 16 October 2014 10:31:21(UTC)
JanThyregod

Denmark   
Originally Posted by: Ian555 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Nigel,

Been following the layout build (387 sq m ) on their web page and also on a FB group.

Ian.

Links pleaaaaaseeeeee
Offline steventrain  
#5 Posted : 16 October 2014 11:34:31(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: JanThyregod Go to Quoted Post
Hi Nigel,

Ian.

Links pleaaaaaseeeeee

Here is the >LINK<

For see image - click Presse.
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 5 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline steventrain  
#6 Posted : 16 October 2014 11:44:48(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Hi Nigel,

Ian.

Nothing on FB group, Can you send message with share?
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline Nigel Packer  
#7 Posted : 17 October 2014 11:10:29(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
Shown on German television last night:

SWR.de

Nigel

thanks 5 users liked this useful post by Nigel Packer
Offline NZMarklinist  
#8 Posted : 22 October 2014 12:04:07(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Hi All, A few youtube videos that would have been taken a year ago in the Brima Factory by Oliver who is one of their layout builders !

And here is a link to the latest pics of the layout at the factory

http://www.modellanlagen...201442_Wochenbericht.htm

You will see a lot of detail there, but neither myself or even possibly Nigel, will be able to answer any technical questions about it. In the TV program a few of the finished modules were being installed at the Museum but most are still at the factory where they were shown being worked on and indeed tested both in the program and in the photo gallery ThumpUp
That said there will be some details that Nigel may know, you can always try & ask as he has most of the electronic equipment on his layout also Wink
However some of the details may be a trade secret RollEyes (pardon me Nigel Scared ) Wink

Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by NZMarklinist
Offline Nigel Packer  
#9 Posted : 22 October 2014 17:22:23(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: NZMarklinist Go to Quoted Post
That said there will be some details that Nigel may know, you can always try & ask as he has most of the electronic equipment on his layout also Wink
However some of the details may be a trade secret RollEyes (pardon me Nigel Scared ) Wink

Yes, most of the technology on the Traumwerk layout is the same as on mine - mine was a testbed for some of it!

And you're right, Glen, I won't reveal any secrets, as that wouldn't be fair.

Nigel
Offline NZMarklinist  
#10 Posted : 03 March 2015 15:40:55(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Marklin TV Extra 13 shows the layout finally almost all in place and is in English for Insiders Wink

Also see Marklin TV Extra 11 for earlier stages of the build and some installation

For Outsiders; http://www.maerklin.de/d...chungen/maerklin-tv.html

It seems the Siebers are among the first visitors ! and Florian would like a nicer layout for the Marklin Museum ThumpUp

Maybe when it moves to the factory in Goppingen Wink
Glen
Auckland NZ

" Every Marklin layout needs a V200, a Railbus and a Banana car", not to mention a few Black and red Steamers, oh and the odd Elok !

CS1 Reloaded, Touch Cab, C Track Modules, K track layout all under construction. Currently Insider
Offline NZMarklinist  
#11 Posted : 03 March 2015 15:44:15(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Also here are the links to the layout's evolution and build by the Brima Team Smile

http://www.modellanlagen...rien/287b/startseite.htm

Some great modelling and detailing ideas here ThumpUp
Glen
Auckland NZ

Offline Nigel Packer  
#12 Posted : 03 March 2015 17:44:31(UTC)
Nigel Packer

United Kingdom   
Uwe and his team do great work!

This is an excellent preview of the layout, and nice to see contributions from Peter Porsche and his son, and Andreas, who is the manager of the museum.

The date of opening stated in the English commentary is incorrect - it is actually going to be the 20th June.

It's going to be great!

Nigel
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Nigel Packer
Offline NZMarklinist  
#13 Posted : 04 March 2015 05:11:08(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Nigel Packer Go to Quoted Post
Uwe and his team do great work!

This is an excellent preview of the layout, and nice to see contributions from Peter Porsche and his son, and Andreas, who is the manager of the museum.

The date of opening stated in the English commentary is incorrect - it is actually going to be the 20th June.

It's going to be great!

Nigel

Shame because 20th July is my Birthday ! so there goes an almost good excuse to be there, Laugh

Sadly, I can't see me making 20th June, are you going Nigel ?
Glen
Auckland NZ

Offline Tom Jessop  
#14 Posted : 04 March 2015 06:47:57(UTC)
Tom Jessop

Australia   

Looks like some where else to visit when we are over in Europe in August to November .
Bloody awesome is what we would probably say down here in Oz . It would be nice to come into some sort of good money & be able to splurge out on a layout like this but then you would also have to find somewhere to put it in & then all the engines & rolling stock to go with it . Oh well we can always dream & occasionally visit some wonderful layouts & stand back & keep our hands folded across our chest & just watch & enjoy .

Thanks for the link .

Cheers Tom in Oz .
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Tom Jessop
Offline NZMarklinist  
#15 Posted : 31 March 2015 07:34:48(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Hi All,

This is for the "outsiders"

Reynaulds of Chicago, in the USA have posted the Marklin TV specials on their youtube channel, along with a bit of their own promotion, however I have purchased some "sold out" items from them in that past and their service and packaging was very good btw I have no beneficial connection with them, but as a previous customer I am on their mailing list

But here at least are the Marklin TV videos of the layout in construction ;

and;

Glen
Auckland NZ

thanks 5 users liked this useful post by NZMarklinist
Offline Alsterstreek  
#16 Posted : 01 April 2015 14:45:13(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Alsterstreek
Offline kiwiAlan  
#17 Posted : 01 April 2015 15:00:59(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: Alsterstreek Go to Quoted Post

Oh, hadn't caught up with those. Pity about the Gullivers in some of them though ...

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by kiwiAlan
Offline NZMarklinist  
#18 Posted : 03 April 2015 16:21:20(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: kiwiAlan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Alsterstreek Go to Quoted Post

Oh, hadn't caught up with those. Pity about the Gullivers in some of them though ...

Thanks AK, but the links are already in my previous postings in this thread Blink
They are a great resource for MRR detailing ThumpUp

What Travels ? Alan Wink
Glen
Auckland NZ

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by NZMarklinist
Offline Alsterstreek  
#19 Posted : 04 April 2015 12:38:02(UTC)
Alsterstreek

Germany   
Mellow
Offline Tom Jessop  
#20 Posted : 02 July 2015 02:54:04(UTC)
Tom Jessop

Australia   
I am just working out our RV travel for our forth coming European holiday for this year . Looking at the address for Hans Peter Porsche on his website it nominates the address in Grunwald , a outer suburb of Munich, for the layout but when I check G earth the building is not big enough for what they describe . Any hints greatly accepted . Do we have a section on the forum for addresses of exhibition layouts on show ? There is another layout in the Rhur region which is situated in a park building which was mentioned in here also but I cannot find it mentioned either at the present .

Thanks for any advice also on any other large layouts that may be of interest .

Cheers Tom in Oz .

EDIT just realised there is the section on Great layouts that I have seen but any advice is always welcome except some which may tell me where to go which I get often enough from the FD .
Offline H0  
#21 Posted : 02 July 2015 07:25:01(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: Tom Jessop Go to Quoted Post
but when I check G earth the building is not big enough for what they describe.
The photos on Google are to old, but Google knows the address.
The photos on Bing are newer, but Bing doesn't know the address ...

Buildings on Bing:
http://binged.it/1JyNUE4

Green field on Google (as of now), Traumwerk shown at the wrong building:
Link to Google Maps

The layout in the Ruhr area could be the Oktorail (German only):
http://www.oktorail.de/

Not far away is another layout from the same owner (German only):
http://www.der-deutschlandexpress.de/
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Tom Jessop  
#22 Posted : 02 July 2015 08:36:38(UTC)
Tom Jessop

Australia   

Thanks Tom , that has saved a lot of problems . We will leave Goppingen & head for Ingolstadt & the Audi Factory tour then south to Innsbruck then to Salsburg & Hans Peter Porsche layout & then to Linz before we head north towards Berlin , Peenemunde , Kiel & Laboe . Then we will make our way over towards Utretch including on the way Wuppertal , Ruhr valley where a visit to Oktorail will occur & the various dams which were made famous during a certain part of history .

Prior to the "M"Treff we will head towards Spain & try to walk the pass made famous in Von Ryans Express . This pass is known as El Camino Del Ray & down near Gibraltar & has just been reopened after rebuilding . Plenty of KM's to travel in 6 weeks but quite normal for Ozzy's to drive back home .

Any other layouts that come to mind please let me know . In between I will be going thru the older "M" magazines for ideas of what to see .

Thanks heaps , Tom in Oz .
Offline NZMarklinist  
#23 Posted : 13 September 2015 06:15:21(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Hi All,

A couple of excellent new videos of the layout in action have surfaced on Youtube that give a few shots of other things besides the layout if however briefly !

The first is a 4 minute one that for my eyes, apart from two memebers of HPP 's personal car collection also shows a VT11.5 Love on the BLS VSudramp @2.00m and on the Gotthard Sudramp @ 2.50m Love BigGrin

In all the layout is an absolute tribute to the builders, Brima, and obviously to a lot of collective Imagineering, especially with the sound and light show ThumpUp

The four minute one ! (embedding disabled ThumbDown ) but somehow I fooled it Sneaky

?list=PL40E02F3252DAABD4

And a 28minute example, superb videography ThumpUp also embedding disabled ThumbDown but watch this space Woot

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/qozVLelYV9o?list=PL40E02F3252DAABD4[/YOUTUBE]

?list=PL40E02F3252DAABD4

Edited by user 13 September 2015 10:25:40(UTC)  | Reason: to correct youtube embedding thingy !

Glen
Auckland NZ

thanks 7 users liked this useful post by NZMarklinist
Offline NZMarklinist  
#24 Posted : 13 September 2015 06:41:02(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Just FYI, I think I fooled the no embed thingy by copying the url from my own youtube playlist Sneaky

See here for my Marklin Layout playlist; https://www.youtube.com/...?list=PL40E02F3252DAABD4
Glen
Auckland NZ

thanks 3 users liked this useful post by NZMarklinist
Offline kiwiAlan  
#25 Posted : 13 September 2015 12:16:08(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
I am guessing that there will be a commemorative wagon to purchase at the Traumwerk.

Does anyone have any idea what it might be, and possible cost? (possibly a photo if someone has already been and purchased one pretty please).

Offline jvuye  
#26 Posted : 13 September 2015 15:20:36(UTC)
jvuye

Belgium   
Originally Posted by: Tom Jessop Go to Quoted Post

Any other layouts that come to mind please let me know . In between I will be going thru the older "M" magazines for ideas of what to see .

Thanks heaps , Tom in Oz .

Hi Tom
Very strong recommendation, if you are driving through Switzerland, is Chemin de Fer du Kaeserberg in Fribourg: http://kaeserberg.ch/en-us/home.aspx
Be very careful since opening hours are limited.
Thats is a deliberate choice they have made as they spend a lot of time on maintenance to ensure flawless operation.
But so far, it's the first layout I've seen that really runs like....a swiss watch!!Smile BigGrin

Then if you are further south I recommend Galleria Baumgartner in Mendrisio : http://www.gb-trains.ch/
For that one make sure you jaw doesn't drop too deep when you enter....you never know!Laugh BigGrin

And I certainly hope to see you in Goeppingen this coming week

Cheers
Jacques Vuye aka Dr.Eisenbahn
Once a vandal, learned to be better and had great success!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by jvuye
Offline Tom Jessop  
#27 Posted : 14 September 2015 15:35:43(UTC)
Tom Jessop

Australia   

Hi Jacques , Thanks for those tips , we have visited Mendrissio just after they opened ,I think they purchased the collection of Count Collusi of Fulgerex fame as there were a lot of his models on display , I had to wire my jaw shut afterseeing what this museum has on show . At the moment we are at Tournon waiting on the return steam service from Lamastre ,then driving north towards mecca tomorrow . Four days to go before the start of the big spend up starts ,of course leaving enough for Eurospoor in a months time .

Hope to meet up with all of this bunch of addicts very soon .

Cheers Tom in France .
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Tom Jessop
Offline Tom Jessop  
#28 Posted : 25 September 2015 20:28:31(UTC)
Tom Jessop

Australia   

Hi Guys , I have been quite for a few weeks while doing the travelling thing i Europe & attending the Treff with the FD ,where I behaved myself in the spending department by saying I had to buy double of everything as Shamu had also placed a order ,I hope he has some money hidden away . No details yet Shane of what your order consists of but your safe its not over a grand yet .

We have just spent 2 days yes 2 days at HPP Traumwerk . This exhibition would havd to take the prize for model shows . Bit of a problem trying to find it because it lies between Anger & Aufham just off road 2103 . Will need better signage in the future .

The tinplate collection is a standout . I have never seen such a collection ,well presented with heaps of viewing angles on most items ,all with non reflective glass . This area is the biggest indoors for models in the building . Covers everything tha "M" has ever made & also some other makers .

The layout in another seperate area is museum quality in all areas of presentation . The visual lighting effects are stunning ,delivered by 36 laser projectors covering night & day over a period of 18 minutes including a massive electrical storm . I have worked i live theatre lighting area years ago &this kept me amused each sequence, the best I have seen. The layout is busy enough to keep you occupied following ea h train , but not as busy as MIWALU, which I think is a bit overpowering . There are still parts of the layout that are not finished for train running ,mainly the narrow gauge section but this dosent detract overall .Theguys from Brima will be proud of this monster layout as it has set the bench mark for the future . WELL DONE GUYS .

Anyone travelling to Europe has to put HPP on the top of their visiting list for at least the next 5 years . This is the place to visit &obtain ideas even if they are out of the price range.

Cheers Tom in Berchtbsgarden with still a few more weeks fighting over road maps &Garmin Gps.
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by Tom Jessop
Offline Alberto Pedrini  
#29 Posted : 26 September 2015 21:51:28(UTC)
Alberto Pedrini

Italy   
Recently visited on the road from Göppingen to my home, great layout and a video backdrop incredible, here some pics and a video.

http://www.marklinfan.ne...er_porsche_traumwerk.htm
Alberto

Marklinfan Club Italia
www.marklinfan.net
thanks 6 users liked this useful post by Alberto Pedrini
Offline NZMarklinist  
#30 Posted : 27 September 2015 03:35:59(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: Alberto Pedrini Go to Quoted Post
Recently visited on the road from Göppingen to my home, great layout and a video backdrop incredible, here some pics and a video.

http://www.marklinfan.ne...er_porsche_traumwerk.htm

Hi Alberto,

Thanks for the best presentation of the HPP layout and Museum to date ! They should learn from you, for their website !! Wink

It really shows what a vast range of treasures H-P is sharing ThumpUp

I can see a swing happening in MRR tourism, from the North (MiWuLa), to the South West Smile
Glen
Auckland NZ

Offline jonas_sthlm  
#31 Posted : 27 September 2015 08:59:57(UTC)
jonas_sthlm

Sweden   
Visited this Friday and a fantastic experience ThumpUp

På besök hos Hans-Peter Porsche TraumWerk
Will upload more photos later in the week Cool
Collecting Swedish items since the 80s / CS3+ / MSW / 60175 Booster / 60881 S88 AC / TC10 Gold / K, C-Tracks / Favorites Class Ra / modelltag.se - Forum modelltag.se - Facebook modelltag.se - YouTube
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by jonas_sthlm
Offline NZMarklinist  
#32 Posted : 07 December 2015 05:38:00(UTC)
NZMarklinist

New Zealand   
Hi All,
Another youtube video from Reynaulds, but whilst quite long, and the videography is at times shaky, it gives the most comprehensive overview of the museum to date.

Glen
Auckland NZ