Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages123>»
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline fvri  
#1 Posted : 07 October 2007 12:45:30(UTC)
fvri

Hi all,

Finally after a number of years of development I'm proudly to annonce the relase of LocCommander version 0.9.1. . The program can be downloaded from my website: http://users.telenet.be/loccommander .
Please feel free to use this program.
The main restriction for the program at this moment is that it only supports the 'old' Marklin digital system based on the M 6051 protocol.
In future releases I'm planning also to support the newer systems(Eg. ESU ECoS).

Please feel free to contact me(: fvri@telenet.be) if there are any issues(bugs, features) about LocCommander. A pdf and readMe file can be downloaded from my website that gives more information about this program(requirements, restrictions, installation procedure,...)

Best regards,
Frank
Offline mascagni  
#2 Posted : 07 October 2007 16:38:05(UTC)
mascagni

Frank: I have downloaded your software and installed it on a Win XP laptop. I have this hooked to an IB via a pass-through serial port. LocCommander has been used to control Loks using the Maerklin 6050/6051 interface selection under the digital system in the software. However,
I have not been able to figure out how to control turnouts hooked up with Viessmann decoders with Maerklin addresses 1-6. I am sure this is my ignorance and inability to mine the information from the literature (RTFM), but that's where I am.

Thanks again, and I look forward to learning more.--MM
Michael Mascagni, Tallahassee
If I weren't a Mathematician, I'd be a Violinist.--Albert Einstein
Offline fvri  
#3 Posted : 08 October 2007 18:20:54(UTC)
fvri

Hi Michael,

Ok great that train control is doing fine.

For the turnout control you should create foreach turnout a turnout object by selecting from the toolbar button a turnout type(Eg. left, right, triple) and click with the mouse its position in the gridlayout. In the properties dialog you can give each control an address. By default the system will automatically assign an address to the turnout.

After creating the turnout objects you can create a keyboard object that simulates a real keyboard that can control these turnouts. In operation mode you can launch this keyboard(dialog) or you can double click on the turnout in the gridlayout to switch.

I hope this short explanation will help you further. May be better that I write a quick user manualSmile

Regards,
Frank
Offline mascagni  
#4 Posted : 08 October 2007 18:39:59(UTC)
mascagni

Frank: One suggestion would be to have as default a keyboard already to go starting with address 1. Then, if like many of us, you have packed the addresses contiguously, you can just pop open the keyboard and go. However, you should still be able to move things around on a keyboard whatever the real address is.

Thanks.--MM
Offline fvri  
#5 Posted : 08 October 2007 18:56:57(UTC)
fvri

Hi Michael,

Can you clarify this one more:
"However, you should still be able to move things around on a keyboard whatever the real address is."

Do you mean foreach button in the keyboard dialog the address can be still chosen by the user? In the current implementation a keyboard dialog has for button 1 address 1 assigned to but first a turnout object needs to be added to the table.

Thank you,
Frank
Offline mascagni  
#6 Posted : 08 October 2007 22:10:43(UTC)
mascagni

Frank: What I mean based on the following situation:

When I use Viessmann C-track decoders in a layout, I put them into the layout in some order that corresponds to the topology of the layout in numerical order. The addresses of these decoders is programmable, so you can change them as needed. However, if you add new turnouts, the numerical address you assign to their decoders may and most likely will violate the principal you originally used to number them. Thus, it would be nice to use the "address pointer" idea to hook all the addresses up to a keyboard in an order I would think is "best" without having to physically reprogram them.

Now do you understand?--MM
Offline mascagni  
#7 Posted : 09 October 2007 02:43:38(UTC)
mascagni

Frank: I thought that I would try to let you know that I ran LocCommander on a different WinXP laptop, and here is my debrief.

This is a small laptop and has no serial port, so I downloaded a PL-2303 USB -> Serial WinXP driver. This allowed the cable to work with the IB.

When I ran LocCommander, it turned out that COM5 was the one that worked.

I set up a simple track setup and was able to run trains and to control turnouts. So, I am farther along than last time.

A couple of bugs:

1. I was able to switch the layout off, but not back on from LocCommander.
2. With a triple turnout, going from left to right tripped both solenoids. However, going from right to left tripped only one. I am not sure if this functionally the same, but it is not symmetric!!

Another comment, not a bug. The track selection is functionally OK, but it is not consistent with Maerklin track geometries. This means that certain layouts do not work when you insist on keeping the number of straight track of length 180mm the same as on the LocCommander screen. In addition, there are not enough choices, such as the curved turnouts, and the fact that the straight/curved ones have radius 1 or radius two curves (this is M-track). There are many places where you can get track geometry files. If you want I can try to post some or you. However, this means that you would have to display the real geometry. I am not sure if this is what you want to do. However, if you don't, you cannot accurately describe a layout.

Thanks again.--MM
Offline fvri  
#8 Posted : 09 October 2007 11:08:22(UTC)
fvri

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the feedback.

1. "I was able to switch the layout off, but not back on from LocCommander": do you mean switching between operation and edit mode.

2. I thought for the triple turnout this asymmetric operation is the only valid possibility but I will verify it. I cannot remember exactly but for turning right the left solenoide must be set straight and the right derived. And for turning left only the left solenoide must be set derived, the state of the right solenoide is irrelevant.

3. Yes, LocCommander doesn't support an exact(accurat) scaled representation of your modelrail road. But, I was able to configure mine entirely. You can have a look at when loading the layout file '5TrainsRoute.lo' (Folder DemoLayouts). I can send you my WinTrack file to compare. I use all possible track items (curved and straight turnouts, all curve types, M, K and C rails mixed).

Thanks again for putting a lot of testwork in LocCommander and giving this valuable feedback.

Frank
Offline mascagni  
#9 Posted : 09 October 2007 12:14:27(UTC)
mascagni

Frank:

I cut your questions and will comment on each.

1. "I was able to switch the layout off, but not back on from LocCommander": do you mean switching between operation and edit mode.
MM: No switching between operation and edit worked, but when hitting the red and green buttons during operation mode, were the problem. I was able to turn off the IB with the red button, but when hitting the green button (either start from current state or from layout) the IB did not come on-I had to hit the go" button on the IB myself. Also, when switching from operation to edit mode, the layout remained on, with the trains running. Is that a bug or feature.

2. I thought for the triple turnout this asymmetric operation is the only valid possibility but I will verify it. I cannot remember exactly but for turning right the left solenoide must be set straight and the right derived. And for turning left only the left solenoide must be set derived, the state of the right solenoide is irrelevant.
MM: Since there are 4 states in the triple turnout but only three directions, two must do the same thing, and so this may all be just a mathematician's issue with symmetry.

3. Yes, LocCommander doesn't support an exact(accurat) scaled representation of your modelrail road. But, I was able to configure mine entirely. You can have a look at when loading the layout file '5TrainsRoute.lo' (Folder DemoLayouts). I can send you my WinTrack file to compare. I use all possible track items (curved and straight turnouts, all curve types, M, K and C rails mixed).
MM: The thing I was unable to do nicely was to have two ovals inside each other, one R2 the other R1. This because you have only one radius of curve defined. Look at Railways 4.1.0 to see the way they do it (in DOS!!).

Thanks for your replies as well.--MM
Offline fvri  
#10 Posted : 09 October 2007 12:58:32(UTC)
fvri

Hi Michael,

1. Going from 'Stop-state' to 'Go-state' on the 6021/6051 duo gives no problem. May be an issue on the IB for the P50 protocol. Needs to be investigated.
When going from operation to edit mode all running trains will continue. May be this state must be made optional? Currently when running in 'automatic run mode' all automatic actions will stop when going to edit mode, but the train speed remains.

2. You are right when two curves with different radius need to be designed this cannot be done nicely in LocCommander. As you suggested I should have a look at this good old DOS stuffwink.
I must agree that there is still a lot of work regarding the gridlayout. The ultimate would be an interface to existing CAD programs (WinTrack, etc.). I don't see me immediately doing the things they have done in WinRail. Great Stuff!!!

My first concern is to put as much functionality as possible in LocCommander but of coarse anomalies or short commings should be solved.

BTW in the mean time I have started integrating the ECoS protocol in LocCommander. The first tests are looking very promising. This TCP/IP based protocol gives a lot of new opportunities.

Thanks for your additional info and feedback on LocCommander.

Regards,
Frank
Offline mascagni  
#11 Posted : 13 October 2007 03:15:21(UTC)
mascagni

Frank,

I just reloaded LC, and the layout I designed and saved as Layout.lo. However, when I loaded the layout there were only the Loks, not the tracks. This was a bit disconcerting and I don't think ut was operator error.--MM
Offline fvri  
#12 Posted : 13 October 2007 20:49:20(UTC)
fvri

Hi Michael,

It is possible to send me this "buggy" layout file (Layout.lo).
You can send it to the mail address fvri@telenet.be.

Did you try out with any other small layout files that you made?

Can you (re)load the 5TrainsRoute.lo file that can be found in the DemoLayouts folder?

Thanks for your QC work and the remarks.

Regards,
Frank

Offline mascagni  
#13 Posted : 14 October 2007 20:05:40(UTC)
mascagni

Frank: I am at work today (help!), but I fear that the file was overwritten and is not really there. If you still want it, let me know, and I will sent it to you. I have it on a Dell X1 PC here with me.--MM
Offline fvri  
#14 Posted : 14 October 2007 22:20:56(UTC)
fvri

Hi Michael,

Yes, it would be great if you could still sent me this layout.lo file, so that I can debug it. Sorry to hear that you should work on Sunday. In a few hours my first workday will start.

Br,
Frank
Offline mascagni  
#15 Posted : 24 October 2007 18:09:42(UTC)
mascagni

Frank: I just added some things to my small test layout, and saved it!! One thing I added was a decoupling track, which needs only a single pulse to work. Am I mistaken or do you not have anything specifically set up to deal with things that need only a single control shot to their solenoids from the decoder. One could hook two of these up to the same decoder address with one triggered by green and the other by red. Is that possible from LC?

Thanks.--MM
Offline fvri  
#16 Posted : 24 October 2007 20:49:57(UTC)
fvri

Hi Michael,

Unfortunately this is not yet explicit implemented in this LC version.

Although you could simulate this track type by making a signal object. Each signal state can be mapped to a primary or a secondary address. One digital address is split up in a primary(linked to the green state) and a secondary address(linked to the red state).

For example this means the state Hp1 can be mapped to the green(primary address) or the red state (secondary address). Thus, Hp1(primary address/green state) could represent the first decoupling track and Hp2(secondary address/red state) could represent the other track.

Currently, I'm working on a new version 0.9.2 where if have reworked partially the keyboard object to support your requests regarding the keyboard/digital device mapping, which is a big improvement. I also noticed that the current version the keyboard contains errors when controlling signals. This has been resolved in version 0.9.2.

I could easily add this decoupling type to LC for the next subrelease version.

I hope you can use this signal type to do some testing.

Regards,
Frank
Offline mascagni  
#17 Posted : 24 October 2007 21:28:48(UTC)
mascagni

Hi Frank: I have some signals, but they are the old Märklin variety, and I must admit to being unschooled in their use. However, I am going to be getting an s88 unit in a bit, and after I have manufactured some track occupancy detection tracks, I will start to incorporate them into the layout. Thus, I should be able to test out more of the various features you mention. I will report back when I have something interesting to say in this regard.

In terms of my previous post, recall the old, analog, control boxes. There, you could hook two on-only solenoid to a single red-green button pair, and you could control one with out tripping the other, provided you hit the right color. This is what I am asking about.--MM
Offline mascagni  
#18 Posted : 13 November 2007 00:33:32(UTC)
mascagni

Frank: How do you hook a PC to a CS? Your documentation does not explain that very well. Do you need a crossover cable?--MM
Offline fvri  
#19 Posted : 13 November 2007 01:41:06(UTC)
fvri

Hi Michael,

Sorry, but the LC version 0.9.2 or lower doesn't yet support the CS.

I'm currently working for integrating the ESU ECoS as a new digital system in LC. Likely this will also support the CS.

Regards,
Frank
Offline mascagni  
#20 Posted : 13 November 2007 03:29:44(UTC)
mascagni

Frank: Thanks for the info. I look forward to seeing more in future versions. Keep plugging away.--MM
Offline fvri  
#21 Posted : 13 November 2007 09:58:06(UTC)
fvri

Hi Michael,

Ok, I will do my best to have a first LC release with ECoS or CS integration for Xmas.

The integration of the ECoS TCP/IP based protocol in LC goes well although the first release of the protocol itself shows still some shortcomings. The most amazing thing is that is not XML based (anno 2007). This is a pitty because with current XML parsers the job can be easily(and fast) done. Now I have to do some string parsing[:(!].

Nevertheless it is a big improvement in regards to the P50 (M 6050/51-6021 systems).

The most difficult part is to make the programs database(LC's catalog) consistent with the one of the digital system.
The great power of working in combination with a computer program is that you can easily configure your model railroad(trains and other digital devices) in the digital system. It is hard to add 50 or more digital devices manually via the ECoS itself [}:)]... .

Regards,
Frank
Offline mascagni  
#22 Posted : 10 January 2008 22:06:03(UTC)
mascagni

Thanks Frank.--MM
Offline fvri  
#23 Posted : 11 February 2008 14:08:39(UTC)
fvri

Hi,

I have recently uploaded a beta version(1.0.0) of LC that supports the ECoS.
Unfortunately, I didn't had the time to update the manual.

In the mean time if you have any questions or problems you can always contact me at: fvri@telenet.be.

Regards,
Frank
Offline laalves  
#24 Posted : 11 February 2008 20:30:15(UTC)
laalves

Very nice! Just tried it and I must confess it was the first time I actually controlled a lok via a PC [:I]...
Offline Webmaster  
#25 Posted : 11 February 2008 22:33:05(UTC)
Webmaster

Very nice, Frank! The best thing is that you are sharing it with all of us.
Since I still haven't got any layout, I trust the route feature will arrive long before I am ready.. wink
Just as the CS/ECoS support... biggrin

Great work indeed!
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline fvri  
#26 Posted : 12 February 2008 14:22:50(UTC)
fvri

Hi Juhan,

The best thing is that I can share it on this magnificent web forum. Withouth this forum (thus you) I was not able to share it with so many people!

I will try to do my best to improve LC as much as possible to the needs of the members of this forum. Lately my job makes it hard to spend a lot of time on the further development of LC. But, I have the M /model railroad virus and the support/feedback of members of this forum thus I will continue with it!

Hi Luís,

Thanks for using LC!!! and this for somebody that is not a big fan of model railroad control via PC.[}:)]Smile. Any remarks or questions you can always mail to fvri@telenet.be .

Best regards,
Frank
Offline fvri  
#27 Posted : 12 February 2008 21:35:44(UTC)
fvri

Hi all,

Unfortunately sometimes the download of LC(beta version 1.0.0) fails.
I can only say try it once more when the size of the downloaded file is less than 2.549KB.
http://users.telenet.be/loccommander/DownloadsPage.html

Once I have more timeSmile, I will try to build in checks when downloading LC from my website.

Sorry for this inconvenience sometimes!

Best regards,
Frank
Offline mascagni  
#28 Posted : 25 February 2008 00:31:08(UTC)
mascagni

Frank: Quick question about v1.0 beta. I was unable to add a video source, as per the instructions. In fact, when I clicked the icon, nothing at all happened. Can you give me advice?--MM
Offline fvri  
#29 Posted : 25 February 2008 10:02:19(UTC)
fvri

Hi Michael,

Once the 'Video Source' icon is selected you still have to click your mouse pointer in the layout grid tabpage. This will put a green filled circle on your grid. A video source object has a location on the layout!

The idea is that multiple video sources can be located on the layout and that depending on actions linked to these video sources a different image is shown when a train passes a certain detection point. (This idea is not yet operational due to problems when activating and disactivating the video capturing...).

Anyway...

After you have created a video source and selected the correct 'Video input device'(probably a webcam Eg. Logitech Quick Cam for Notebooks) you still need to create a Video Viewer object. Once you have created a video viewer you still have to add/link this video source to this video viewer (go to 'Video Sources' tab in in the Video Viewer object).

The idea is that in a future version you can add more than one video source to a single videoviewer.

Once this Video Viewer is created, by double clicking on the Video Viewer object a Window will popup showing video captured by the Video source.

I hope this explanation will help you out with your problem.

BTW. I have released an official version of LC V1.0.0(.2). Unfortunately, I didn't had time yet to update the manual. Also the functionality for programming the CV's I have temporarily disabled.

Regards,
Frank
Offline mascagni  
#30 Posted : 25 February 2008 17:52:51(UTC)
mascagni

Frank: Thanks for the explanation. I did not understand that the necessity of clicking on the layout. I was trying to just see about hooking in a simple webcam (Logitech, as you surmised). I was using the latest version on your webpage, which is the beta version as of Sunday. If you have a newer version, please let me know.

As for the video viewers, most are USB-based, and there is always a shortage of USB ports on a computer. One can use a USB hub, but can one do the same with wireless webcams? Clearly this should be what people would want with a big layout and the fact that USB cables should only be only so long.--MM
Offline fvri  
#31 Posted : 25 February 2008 20:15:28(UTC)
fvri

Hi Michael,

LC VERSION history:
The latest version is now 1.0.0(.2), which I don't consider anymore as a Beta release. I didn't update yet the manual regarding the ECoS/CS support. This version fully supports M6021/6051 and the ECoS (and thus lickely the CS as well, but not tested by me).

Video Viewers and video sources:
Indeed wireless webcams is the future for big layouts. Yes, the restricted number of usb ports might be a problem but also the current home used systems will also not have enough processor power to show a vast number of streaming video windows. Thus, I think we will have to wait a bit longer ...Smile. I can easily view 2 video sources on my system but more is hard! Thus, initially my idea was to switch on the video source in a Video Viewer at some points on my layout when a train passes certain detection points (S88 points).

Best regards,
Frank
Offline mascagni  
#32 Posted : 25 February 2008 21:30:52(UTC)
mascagni

Frank: I had not thought about having the video signal triggered by an S88 sensed event, but that is quite a good idea. One other thing that may not be too much more is whether this could permit one to control and view a layout with LC over the web. Have you thought about that in terms of what LC already has?

Thanks again.--MM
Offline frankie  
#33 Posted : 26 February 2008 16:12:37(UTC)
frankie

Hi Frank,
I have tested your software with my CS, indeed works, with some limitations,like MFX locos, probably due to the fact that you "fool" it telling it is connected with an ECOS.
I have connected it and retrieved the object from the CS, but for the locomotives it went fine, for the turnouts and signals it partially worked.
We may keep going on this with personal e-mails.
Alessandro
I have a CS1 Reloaded!
Offline fvri  
#34 Posted : 27 February 2008 14:34:22(UTC)
fvri

Hi Alessandro,

I have replied you via e-mail.

Yes, for MFX locs my implementation for the ECoS relies on the second address (CV75) that needs to be set when the extra functions(F5-F8) wanted to be used.

...signals and turnouts partially works... : well not all types of turnouts and signals are supported in this version of LC(1.0.0.2). Mainly the ones I have on my layout are supported. But, in later versions this current limitation can easily be resolved.

Regards,
Frank
Offline frankie  
#35 Posted : 27 February 2008 15:21:24(UTC)
frankie

Well actually is not that they don't work, is the import procedure that didn't worked, it seems that LocCommander is not able to read the second line of the name of the turnout, on the CS now you have three rows where you can write the name of the signal/turnout, I suspect the Ecos just one.
The imported ones worked just fine, apart from the uncoupling track.
I have read your message, but wanted to do more testing before answering
wink
Alessandro
I have a CS1 Reloaded!
Offline fvri  
#36 Posted : 29 February 2008 09:53:42(UTC)
fvri

Hi Alessandro,

The ECoS can handle 3 lines for naming the solenoid objects, but LC only takes the first into account. I shall see what I can do about this.
First there was LC and not ECoS or the CS system and as the M6051 interface system is not a computer system, LC was responsible for object management. Now they have to cooperate...Smile

Thanks for this important feedback!

Regards,
Frank
Offline fvri  
#37 Posted : 29 February 2008 09:59:01(UTC)
fvri

Hi Michael,

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by mascagni
<br />One other thing that may not be too much more is whether this could permit one to control and view a layout with LC over the web. Have you thought about that in terms of what LC already has?

Yes, websurveillance and control is a great feature, but first I want to further tune automatic control and provide the user an easier way to specify routes in LC. Also, the "full" integration of the new digital systems (ECoS and M'sCS) need to be further accomplished/finished.

Regards,
Frank

Offline frankie  
#38 Posted : 29 February 2008 13:34:44(UTC)
frankie

Ok, I have "Uncoupler" 1,2 and 3, but the number is in the second line, that's why it imported only "Uncoupler", that's the test I was going to do, put the number in the first row.
I am rebuilding my layout, I'll keep this in mind when I'll setup turnouts.
Alessandro
I have a CS1 Reloaded!
Offline dntower85  
#39 Posted : 05 March 2008 03:39:42(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
Hi Frank,

I just got a 6051 interface off of ebay, so I needed software to test it. So.
I just tried LocCommander, I like it a lot, it was simple to install and I even figured out how to get a test layout up and running. It took a few minutes to figure out the train catalog concept but it made scene once I got it. Thanks for making this good program. It made it simple to test the interface, I was afraid that if there was a problem I wouldn't know if it was the interface or the software. But both worked without any problems. biggrin I look forward to using it more.

Thanks!
DT
Now powered by ECoS II unit#2, RocRail
era - some time in the future when the space time continuum is disrupted and ICE 3 Trains run on the same rails as the Adler and BR18's.
Offline frankie  
#40 Posted : 05 March 2008 11:03:24(UTC)
frankie

Installing 1.0.0.3 over 1.0.0.2 requires anything to do first?
Or it is just an upgrade?
Alessandro
I have a CS1 Reloaded!
Offline fvri  
#41 Posted : 05 March 2008 19:22:33(UTC)
fvri

Hi,

Darrin:
Thank you for using LC!
I'm very pleased that LC can help you out with testing/verifying this M6051 system.

Alessandro:
Normally when you want to install a newer version of LC you should first uninstall the current version. The catalog file will remain in the installation folder. Also a backup is placed in the LC's application data folder. Only to be 100% sure...Smile. For futher versions I will also keep the application settings (Eg. IP Address or hostname, RS-232 settings, layout color settings, etc.) so that these not need to be set everytime a new version is installed.

But..., I'm already preparing a 1.0.0.4 build to support full MFX functionality (speedstep 128 for mfx locs...) when using the CS instead of the ECoS. Unfortunately, I can not test myself the CS version.
I will also try to fix as many problems/implement features reported by you or any other LC user.Smile

Regards,
Frank
Offline frankie  
#42 Posted : 06 March 2008 13:48:48(UTC)
frankie

OK, I'll wait for 1.0.0.4, then.
Thanks,
Alessandro
Alessandro
I have a CS1 Reloaded!
Offline Caplin  
#43 Posted : 06 March 2008 18:29:28(UTC)
Caplin

Frank,

Here is a newbie question.
Is the 6051 Interface unit still required, when using a CS or is it possible to use the present TCP/IP interface used for backup/restore/update functions confused

Reading the posts above does not clearly inform about this. The Users Manual 0.9.2 is proir to CS usage.

Thank you.
Regards,
Benny - Outsider and MFDWPL

UserPostedImage
Offline frankie  
#44 Posted : 06 March 2008 18:59:45(UTC)
frankie

No there is no need for the 6051, you can just use the ethernet port (TCP/IP) of the CS.
Alessandro
I have a CS1 Reloaded!
Offline fvri  
#45 Posted : 06 March 2008 19:13:15(UTC)
fvri

Hi Benny,

The current version 1.0.0.3 allows to use both systems(6021/5051 and ECoS/CS) seperately. LC can communicate with ECoS/CS via TCP/IP connection (ethernet) or with the 6051/6021 devices via a RS-232 connection.

The manual released with LC V0.9.2 only refers for usage with the 6021/6051 system or any system compatible with the protocol for this 6051 interface system.

Currently... I'm reworking the manual so that it explains also how to use LC for the ECoS/CS digital systems.

Thus, to connect LC to an ECoS or CS go to menu of LC Options|Settings|Digital system to select the digital system and go to Options|Settings|Communication to put in the IP address and port number of the CS/ECoS.

The main part of the manual remains the same only some extra explanation is necessary about connecting LC to the ECoS or CS and about synchronizing the layout(turnouts, signals, etc.)/catalog(trains) with the database of the ECoS/CS and vice versa.

I hope this clarify one and anotherSmile.

BTW development for version 1.0.0.4 is ongoing and will support the mfx locs in a proper way when the CS is used. For the ECoS some limitations regarding speedsteps and functions &gt; 9.

Always feel free to give suggestions, feedback, bug reports,...Smile

Best regards,
Frank
Offline Caplin  
#46 Posted : 06 March 2008 22:38:00(UTC)
Caplin

This is good news for me.

Thank you Frank and Alessandro for the info.
Regards,
Benny - Outsider and MFDWPL

UserPostedImage
Offline fvri  
#47 Posted : 15 March 2008 17:25:09(UTC)
fvri

Hi,

I have just released v1.0.0.5 of LC:
- Bug fix regarding triple turnout(left and right solenoid).
- Keeping your applications settings when upgrading LC to a newer version.
- Real MFX support for Mfx Locs when the CS is used (should be tested)

<u>IMPORTANT:</u>
1.Before you can install a newer version of LC on your system you should first uninstall a previous version properly. This means via Window's Control Panel(Add Remove Software) or via Start|All Programs|LocCommander 1.0.0.5|uninstall.

!!!Don't throw the LocCommander folder away via the Explorer!!!

2.During the uninstallation process a backup is made of the Catalog.dbl file to C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data\LocCommander.
Normally when installing LC to the same installation folder(default: C:\Program Files\LocCommander) the Catalog.dbl of a previous version will still be there...

But, also as a backup you can still find it under the Application Data folder for LC.Smile

Any feedback or suggestions are always welcome!

Thanks.
Frank
Offline fvri  
#48 Posted : 18 March 2008 11:18:07(UTC)
fvri

Hi,

Thanks to test work from Frankie it seems the "triple turnout" bug is not entirely fixed [B)].

A bug fix for this problem will be available in version 1.0.0.6.

Regards,
Frank
Offline fvri  
#49 Posted : 27 March 2008 23:46:33(UTC)
fvri

Hi,

Some days ago I have released version 1.0.0.7 of LC.

The most important thing regarding this release is the introduction of the "Route concept" as defined in the CS/ECoS.

This route concept is a simplified version of the 'Actions and Conditions' concept in LC for automatic control.

UserPostedImage

Further minor improvements... and bug fixes related the triple turnout.

In a next coming release the user will be able to link an image to a train object, this makes it easier to see which train is actually controlled in LC.

UserPostedImage

Best regards,
Frank
Offline dntower85  
#50 Posted : 03 April 2008 00:44:02(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
Frank,

Looks good.
On your routs form you show Execution Time Interval
UserPostedImage
Is that how many milliseconds between each action or the total time that the 3 actions are sent in.
Or the time out before the rout can be triggered again.
DT
Now powered by ECoS II unit#2, RocRail
era - some time in the future when the space time continuum is disrupted and ICE 3 Trains run on the same rails as the Adler and BR18's.