Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline stevenh905  
#1 Posted : 20 April 2024 02:15:43(UTC)
stevenh905

Hello everyone!
I'm currently going through the process of valuing my late grandpa's 1 gauge collection. I'm having a bit of difficulty finding fair prices for some of the more expensive 1 gauge items. For the H0 collection I use Koll's catalogs and sold Ebay listings, which seems to work well, but some of the more expensive 1 gauge items don't seem to pop up on Ebay very often, which has been my primary form of valuing items. I do see some of the items still for sale as new from the US dealers (AJCkids / Reynaulds), but the items in the collection range from Open box/practically new - slightly used - used and I'm unsure how much to adjust the prices for these conditions. Is there a catalog or database similar to Koll’s but for 1 gauge? Any kind of advice is welcome as I'm new-ish to the model railroad world and new to selling model trains.

Another semi-related question:
One of the items is a class 41 steam locomotive (55413) which has a broken off piece, what appears to be vertical grab iron / flag pole? I have not been able to locate the broken piece as it was displayed in my grandpa's living room for multiple years. How much would this broken/missing piece affect the price of this item?

IMG_2669.jpeg

Edited by user 20 April 2024 06:16:55(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified