Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Fredrik  
#1 Posted : 27 December 2006 00:17:24(UTC)
Fredrik

Sweden   
Hello everybody,

I've spent the last days examinig the possibility to run the turntable 7686/87 with the CS/ECoS "properly", and guess what? It's really possible... Smile

It's even possible to program the thing! How it's done I'll get to shortly but first some basics:

The big problem to control the TT is to be able to select which state you want an accessory to achieve (while CS/ECoS just toggle states). Then there's the problem with programming that this can only be done within the first 5 seconds after system startup. My last problem was how to be able to also program the TT from my computer (as that's a related problem, but not only concerning CS/ECoS).

The solution for the last problems was to install a relay, with which I can cut the external power (yellow wire) to the turntable decoder. This relay must always be "turned on" in all normal operation. However - to program your TT simply turn this relay off for a short while, and when turning it on you've got your 5 seconds to push the TT:s program button. This approach also solved the problem to program the TT from a computer... Smile

Now let's get to how to actually control/program your TT:

To be able to SELECT state, I've simply used 3-state signal symbols instead of normal switches/turnouts to operate the TT. Those symbols allow you to select what state you want to use, and (I used the form-signals) only the first 2 states are used (i.e. stop & clear). In this matter, "stop" (off course) relates to the red button on any keyboard, and "clear" to the green one.

Add 4 off these for the first 4 pairs off buttons which enables you to "Prog", "Turn", "Step", and change "Dir"-ection (this is how I named them in my CS) of travel (addresses 225-228).

Then add 1 for each pair of spoke tracks you have.

Add an additional (normal) switch for the relay mentioned earlier.

Now turn the relay off, wait a few seconds...

and turn it on again. Now quickly hit the program-key (which is the "clear"-state of "Program/Input/End" accessory.

The TT should now swing into current position 1 and turn to programming mode. If position 1 is not correct use step to reach it, and save it by pressing "Turn" with "stop"-state, then go to all other tracks using "Step" and store them with "Prog" state "clear".

Finally you quit programming-mode by pressing "Prog" state "stop", and your TT turns to position 1, and is ready for use.

Now you can use the other 3-state signals you created (addresses 229-...) to reach each track using "stop" state to reach uneven numbered tracks, and "clear" to reach the even numbers...

Simple, huh? wink

This also (as mentioned) enables use of the TT with computer control.

Any questions, feel free to ask! biggrin
Fredrik.
*ECoS 2 + ECoSDetector + SwitchPilot + ECoSTerminal; *Z21 + Loconet + Digikeijs + MGP; **CS3+ + CdB (** coming soon...)
WWW: MJ-fjärren
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Fredrik
Offline Timaximus  
#2 Posted : 27 December 2006 00:31:01(UTC)
Timaximus

Netherlands   
Fantastic Fredrik,

Doing your own research beyond the possibilities mentioned in the manuals.
I like that!

Timaximus
Märklin | HO | C+K Track | Digital | I+II+III+IV+V | Power and control by Uhlenbrock | Win-Digipet
Offline steventrain  
#3 Posted : 27 December 2006 11:20:46(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Sound interesting,thanks!
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
Offline HueyCE  
#4 Posted : 28 December 2006 01:41:03(UTC)
HueyCE

I will have to try this once I get my layout up and running.
P.S. I haven't forgotten to send you the book just falling behind on my chores, will get to you soonest.
Ira
Building German Era I-II layout(Mk IIIc).UserPostedImage

Offline Fredrik  
#5 Posted : 28 December 2006 01:56:03(UTC)
Fredrik

Sweden   
"Improvise, adapt and overcome!" Smile

It just HAD to work somehow... just haven't ever had the TT connected to do some tests before (actually it was never connected since I bought it -94 - *shame on me*).

@ Ira - no probs, we'll see if I can somehoe compensate you in the future...
Fredrik.
*ECoS 2 + ECoSDetector + SwitchPilot + ECoSTerminal; *Z21 + Loconet + Digikeijs + MGP; **CS3+ + CdB (** coming soon...)
WWW: MJ-fjärren