Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Poll Question : Please read the first post before casting your vote
Choice Votes Statistics
(Poll is closed)  Total 33 100%
Guests can't see poll choices and poll results. Try login or register. Guests can't vote. Try login or register. The poll has expired.
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline H0  
#1 Posted : 11 October 2014 14:53:59(UTC)
H0

Hi!

This poll is meant to compare the quality of Märklin and Trix new items from 2013 and 2014 on one hand with the quality of Märklin and Trix new items from 2007 and 2008 on the other hand.
Is your customer satisfaction with recent new items better, or worse, or about the same?
You decide which criteria are important for your vote: propulsion, driving characteristics, operating sounds, lights, instructions, packages, assortment, descriptions in the new items brochure, ...
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Andrey  
#2 Posted : 11 October 2014 15:51:23(UTC)
Andrey

Russian Federation   
My satisfaction is almost the same when locomotives seat together on the shelf.
When I put them on the track satisfaction with 2013/2014 items goes down while satisfaction with 2007/2008 raises since the last ones (at least those I own) have C-Sinus and S-Sine motors. No new lights, sounds, instructions or descriptions in the new items brochures could beat feeling of customer's satisfaction which I get when running locos with qualitative propulsion.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Andrey
H0
Offline Goofy  
#3 Posted : 11 October 2014 16:03:17(UTC)
Goofy

My non-satisfaction are motor and mfx decoder.
C-sinus and SDS was trouble for the 2 rail and DCC protocol.
Trix did return to klockankar motor and 5 pole DCM.
You see...sometimes there was up and down trouble with Märklin company.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline mike c  
#4 Posted : 12 October 2014 03:50:23(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
My vote is based on overall quality of the models and the visual appearance of the model.
Maerklin's 2014 release in AC of what was originally a 2008 Trix DC model of the SBB Re 482 weighed heavily on my decision, as did quality control issues with the recently released 37347.
The paintwork on the new Re 482 pales in comparison to the original Trix model. You would think that after the whole debacle with the 37360 Ae 610 (Ae 6/6) that Maerklin would have learned their lesson, but they went and made the exact same mistake again.
In the case of the 37347, the model was delivered with wires between the decoder and one of the LED panels missing. In the good old days (probably before 2008), all features would have been tested before the shell was mounted and this type of error would never have escaped the factory.
I am not going to get into the whole motor issue. The recent Swiss models (Re 4/4II, Re 6/6) still have the classic Maerklin motor, which is fine with me. The motor on the Re 482 is very quiet and seems to be powerful enough to me. I guess time will tell. Removing the PC board and fidgeting around to lubricate the Worm gear seems a little complex. A little cut-out in the chassis side may have made this an easier job.
Based on the issues described with the two models in question, I have to conclude that the current overall quality is inferior to what it was in 2008.

Regards

Mike C
Offline 5HorizonsRR  
#5 Posted : 13 October 2014 19:29:25(UTC)
5HorizonsRR

United States   
Same in my opinion. I should note I'm speaking in general terms of the model, as opposed to warranty type issues.

Switching to warranty-type problems, quite frankly the more advanced these things get, the more problems they will have. If I add up [u]ALL[u][b] of my new purchase issues in the last 15 years, every single problem except for two was electronics-related. No mechanical, motor or unusual issues aside from the electronics. The two problems I've had:

1: OeBB Blue Arrow from last year came missing lettering on one side. Both the dealer and Marklin should have noticed this before shipping
2: The Zinc Pest Problem with the frame in my seetal crocodile. Marklin fixed with a new frame and now its one of my favorite locomotives :)

Anyways, thats my two cents.

SBB Era 2-5
Offline Webmaster  
#6 Posted : 13 October 2014 20:28:28(UTC)
Webmaster

I had to check the "I don't have an opinion", since I haven't had any product mechanical/running quality issues.
The only "issue" I have is the looks of the Dm3 in the special version produced for Tåg&Hobby in Sweden. Isolators look toy-like....

Quality is also something subjective... When it comes to detailing, I must say that (as a steam loco fan) that the steam locos look
better and better throughout the years. When it comes to the mechanical stuff, I have had no issues with the later motor experiments
made by Märklin since they all run fine. However, I have no long term experience with items on a permanent layout so I cannot have
final judgement about that since we have seen problems reported in the forum.

I have no trouble with mfx at all, which may sound surprising according to some posts in the forum....

I also think the rolling stock is getting better and better detailed, so I don't have any complaints there...

The only bigger issue I have is crumbling C-track...
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by Webmaster
Offline H0  
#7 Posted : 13 October 2014 23:42:06(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Webmaster Go to Quoted Post
Quality is also something subjective...
Sure. And if you think it's getting worse than you are less likely to buy, if you think it's getting better then you are more likely to buy.
This poll is about the subjective customer experience.

Originally Posted by: Webmaster Go to Quoted Post
The only bigger issue I have is crumbling C-track...
That's off topic as 2007 C track does not have this problem.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline H0  
#8 Posted : 17 October 2014 21:42:44(UTC)
H0

The poll runs 30 days.
Here are the intermediate results after almost one week:
5 votes for quality about the same, 12 votes for quality worse (0, 9, 3), 6 votes for quality better (1, 0, 5).

I started the same (maybe something got lost in translation) poll on Stummi's Forum. Results there:
8 votes for quality about the same, 23 votes for quality worse (6, 10, 7), 11 votes for quality better (3, 3, 5).
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage