Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mike c  
#1 Posted : 13 January 2014 21:36:23(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Maerklin announced a set of 2 27cm SBB S-Bahn coaches with red doors to accompany the 37347 Re 420 LION.
This production is limited to 1000 units and will be distributed by Maerklin CH (Switzerland)
The SRP was around 130 CHF

Roco has announced their own model of the Re 420 LION. There will be several different options available to modellers, depending on which system is used.
For AC modellers, Roco will release a single Re 420 LION and a separate set consisting of 3 28cm coaches which were formerly available under the Fleischmann brand. These are the same coaches that Hag used to sell in their Re 450 Sets.

For DC modellers, Roco is releasing two half sets, each containing a Re 420 LION locomotive and three double deck coaches in 1/87 exact scale. Roco will not manufacture the coaches, but is distributing the coaches made by Tillig (Sachsenmodelle). An additional set of coaches will also be released. These exact coaches are longer than 30cm and have a very low ground clearance and if I remember correctly, Sachsenmodelle specifically stated that they were not for use with Maerklin. I do not remember if it was because of the risk or derailment when used on Maerklin switch tracks or whether the coach had issues with the middle rail studs.

I already have a few of the Fleischmann coaches to go with my Hag Re 450, so I may opt for the re-released 28cm ones for the LION as well.

UPDATE

This is taken from a post I made in another thread:

Some additional clarification about the S-Bahn Zurich models.
The DC version will come in two sets (61442/3 and 61444/5), each consisting of (Re 420 + AB + B +B) plus additional coach set (64131).
The AC models will be available as two separate loks with different numbers (78415 and 78417), each with digital sound, plus two sets of Fleischmann 28cm coaches (64132 and 64133), each set consisting of AB + B + B.

The coaches from the 64132 and 64133 can also be used with Hag's Re 450 if combined with the matching pilot coach as follows: Re 450 - B - AB - Bt

Regards

Mike C

Edited by user 14 January 2014 06:04:05(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 5 users liked this useful post by mike c