Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline nevw  
#1 Posted : 06 October 2011 09:17:40(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
I am having terrible thoughts on what to do, still months away from needing to make decision and need some diverse thoughts.

Facts:
Running an ECOS and planning to runn about 3 to 4 trains on each of the 2 main lines

For software planning on Loc Commander.

For a train room computer, 2 years ago I got myself a netbook which was in hindsight (Is it not wonderful) a step away and backwards from technology, maybe should have got a Windows Tablet. Had a blank there or maybe not on my radar.

I can see a problem now that if I am running computer control and I am on the other side of the table away from the computer how to control if needed.
a bit awkward trying to walk around with a Net Book, where to put it to operate.

If I get a Windows Tablet and a bit of Wi-fi I can run and control the software anywhere around the table.

If I do not use Software to run and control routes etc and run only from the ECOS I can get partial control from touch Cab or can I get full control??
OR another thought, get Apple Software and an Ipad wifi.
SO what to do.

All thoughts and suggestions welcome.

Nev
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around