Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Poll Question : Which Central Station do you prefer?
Choice Votes Statistics
(Poll is closed)  Total 22 100%
Guests can't see poll choices and poll results. Try login or register. Guests can't vote. Try login or register. The poll has expired.
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline H0  
#1 Posted : 01 January 2011 23:36:40(UTC)
H0

Hi all!

I want to find out what those who tested both CS2 and either CS1 or CS1 reloaded think about those Central Stations.
If you tried both Central Stations and decided to use a different controller, please feel free to post that in this thread.

There is a different poll for those who tested either CS2 or CS1/CS1reloaded.
This poll is reserved for those who tested both CS2 and (CS1 and/or CS1reloaded).

This poll runs for 31 days, so please vote during January 2011.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#2 Posted : 02 January 2011 11:58:16(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
I voted "I tested CS1 and CS2, and prefer CS1", but will add the caveat that I will most likely upgrade the CS1 to CS1 Reloaded, some time this year. I also own a CS2.

And I'm sure I know who voted "I tried CS1(reloaded) and CS2 and use neither" WinkWink, since I nearly bought his CS1R, but he dang well gave it away to the bloke who built his layout frame before I could arrange it!.......ooops have I said too much?......Blushing
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 02 January 2011 12:45:42(UTC)
H0

Bigdaddynz wrote:
but will add the caveat that I will most likely upgrade the CS1 to CS1 Reloaded, some time this year.

The poll is limited to 31 days because experience, knowledge, and hardware are subject to change over time.
Might re-run the poll in January 2012 to see what has changed. Wink

I just wanted to find out what users think in January 2011.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline David Dewar  
#4 Posted : 02 January 2011 14:20:09(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Not sure why we are talking about a controller which is no longer available. I presume a vote for the CS1 is to support ESU and the ECOS. A lot of folk still use the good old 6021.
How can you test a CS1 either original or loaded unless somebody is selling it second hand. If you visit a Marklin dealer you can test a CS2 and perhaps and IB or ECOS and who knows maybe a Viessmann.
The poll will show only those who own the controller but I expect most CS2 users wont bother to vote but if the IB was there everybody who owned one would.
The majority own Marklin controllers anyway (due I suppose to some extent to start sets)
What could be interesting is why a CS1 is better than a CS2. I dont run trains using a computer so maybe it has the edge there.

dave
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 02 January 2011 15:35:09(UTC)
H0

David Dewar wrote:
What could be interesting is why a CS1 is better than a CS2.

I will answer that as soon as I find the time to write a review.

On this forum I read many times "CS2 is best".

Answering a poll is more easy than writing a post so I hope this poll will represent more persons and will better reflect user experiences than discussions in threads where many people will silently agree or disagree, but don't bother to write their own opinion.

CS1 is no longer produced, but can still be upgraded to CS1 reloaded and CS1 reloaded is still maintained as it uses the same code that ECoS 50000 uses and shares the code base with the ECoS 50200 that is still available.

fx decoders with "mouse piano" are no longer produced, but they have an absolutely smooth acceleration and braking delay that is IMHO much better than that of any mfx decoder.
I think it's valid to have polls that compare old and new - even if "old" can only be bought on flea markets.

The polls on this forum allow for up to 8 answers. No chance to bring a CU 6021 or Intellibox in as I wanted to combine user preference and user expertise in one poll.
Feel free to start a new poll if you think this poll is biased.

Two years ago I used the Intellibox to control the layout and CS1 was only used to program mfx locos.
Now I use CS1 reloaded to control the layout and Intellibox is only used for programming locos (mainly DCC). With an IB and real keys I can do it much faster than with the CS1 reloaded, the touchscreen and the on-screen keyboards.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline David Dewar  
#6 Posted : 02 January 2011 15:56:03(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Good points Tom. I know we will not agree on which is best as we each have our own preference. What would be good though would be a poll in which more would join in. We have 2700 members or so all of which I presume have a controller and becuase they are happy with it will not vote. Where there is a minority then they will vote which is why I mentioned the IB etc.
I cant figure how the original CS1 with its terrible screen could be better that the CS2. The loaded version may be better but then again nobody can buy it new. ECOS on the other hand looks to be OK and is available and cheaper but I would buy Marklin as a preference as I need the firm to keep my hobby going and the CS2 (at least mine) is excellent.
Perhaps a poll just asking what controller you use could be done at a later date. Doesnt mean much of course but might be interesting.

dave
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline sebastian  
#7 Posted : 02 January 2011 16:06:45(UTC)
sebastian

Canada   
The choices given in the poll do not allow voting for those who have only CS1. I only have CS1 reloaded, so I cannot vote. I have not used CS2 extensively, only for a few brief minutes at my dealer.
DRG, DB and SBB
Era II, III and IV
Sincerely,
Sebastian
Offline H0  
#8 Posted : 02 January 2011 19:18:20(UTC)
H0

sebastian wrote:
The choices given in the poll do not allow voting for those who have only CS1.

Yep. There is a different poll for those who haven't tested both.
https://www.marklin-user...aspx?g=posts&t=17829
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline Chris6382chris  
#9 Posted : 02 January 2011 20:06:56(UTC)
Chris6382chris

United States   
Then you have those of us who only have the MS1 Cool BigGrin.

Chris
Offline H0  
#10 Posted : 02 January 2011 20:50:47(UTC)
H0

Chris6382chris wrote:

That'll be the polls in February. Your time will come! Wink
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline mvd71  
#11 Posted : 02 January 2011 23:48:42(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
H0 wrote:
Chris6382chris wrote:

That'll be the polls in February. Your time will come! Wink

We like to be all inclusive, but I'm sure Tom was not being discriminatory LOL
Offline nevw  
#12 Posted : 03 January 2011 00:34:32(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Bigdaddynz wrote:
I voted "I tested CS1 and CS2, and prefer CS1", but will add the caveat that I will most likely upgrade the CS1 to CS1 Reloaded, some time this year. I also own a CS2.

And I'm sure I know who voted "I tried CS1(reloaded) and CS2 and use neither" WinkWink, since I nearly bought his CS1R, but he dang well gave it away to the bloke who built his layout frame before I could arrange it!.......ooops have I said too much?......Blushing

Not me Yer honor. I had a Cs1 tried a CS2 and as you know lasted an hour. I got the CS1 Reloaded Upgrade but had never installed it and it was not given away but in exchange for about $1000 worth of work when I was banged up. ThumpUp Good Swap
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline H0  
#13 Posted : 10 February 2011 21:19:57(UTC)
H0

The poll has expired, time to draw conclusions.

50 % of those who tested CS1 reloaded and CS 2 prefer CS 1 reloaded.
50 % of those who tested CS1 reloaded and CS 2 prefer CS 2.
So I think it's a matter of taste which one you prefer. Development goes on for both stations and new features will come in the future.

More than 90 % of those who tested CS1 (not reloaded) and CS 2 prefer CS 2.
No big surprise as CS 1 never had all the features they had promised initially.

With 22 votes only, the figures are not very reliable.

https://www.marklin-user...read-1st-post-first.aspx
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage