Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages<12345>»
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline mmervine  
#101 Posted : 21 April 2008 03:45:14(UTC)
mmervine

United States   
Darrin:

Nice video. Good to see LocCommander in action!

r/mark
Märklin C-track, Marklin Digital & ECoS, multi-era French & Swiss
http://www.ete-ene.org/m...mervines-layout-gallery/
Offline fvri  
#102 Posted : 21 April 2008 10:58:56(UTC)
fvri

Hi Darrin,

Thank you for the nice video! Your armed signals are not yet operational (station area)?

About this Delay problem/implementation (Actions and Conditions). I have still a question.

When do you see the conditions are to be evaluated when a timer is used?

<u>There are 2 possibilities:</u>
1. The conditions are only evaluated when the timer has passed and the actions are to be executed.(current implementation, V1.0.0.13). Thus NOT when the feedback item becomes occupied.

2. The conditions are evaluated when the feedback item becomes occupied. Thus the actions will be executed after the timer has passed without anymore the evaluation of the conditions (linked to the actions). This means although the conditions linked to an action have possibly changed the action will always be executed!

Thank you.

Frank
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#103 Posted : 21 April 2008 11:19:52(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Hi Frank, One other question I have with track diagrams is whether you can draw tracks that cross other tracks such as bridges, or for different layout levels?

Cheers, Dave.
Offline fvri  
#104 Posted : 21 April 2008 11:27:10(UTC)
fvri

Hi Dave,

Sorry Dave not "yet" possible.
This requires the implementation of 'layers' as in most drawing programs. Currently the only way in LC is to use different 'Tables' that create tabpages. Then link a level to a table.

Frank
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#105 Posted : 21 April 2008 12:10:28(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Thanks Frank.
Offline frankie  
#106 Posted : 21 April 2008 12:38:31(UTC)
frankie

I am planning to do something like that, but using routes, as far as I can see Darrin has used the blocks, signals remained on Hp1, correct?
Nice video, though.
Alessandro
I have a CS1 Reloaded!
Offline frankie  
#107 Posted : 21 April 2008 14:16:24(UTC)
frankie

It may be a little bug, yesterday when I shut LC the CS rebooted, has this ever happened to someone else?
Alessandro
I have a CS1 Reloaded!
Offline Bigdaddynz  
#108 Posted : 21 April 2008 14:18:09(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
No, not that I've seen Frankie.
Offline fvri  
#109 Posted : 21 April 2008 15:02:05(UTC)
fvri

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by frankie
<br />It may be a little bug, yesterday when I shut LC the CS rebooted, has this ever happened to someone else?

Interesting to follow up this one! Strange...but the only thing that happens when LC shuts down, the TCPIP socket connection is closed. Nothing special is send to the digital system when closing the program. Thus if the CS reboots after a socket connection closure something dirty is happening at the CS end.

Until now the only digital system anomalies I faced are the memory gaps that can exist after deleting and adding new objects to the digital system. This can be seen as the object id (see in LC digital system properties page for a switch object) is not reused when adding a new object after deleting one/more.

Also from firmware &gt; 1.1.2 for the ECoS when the screensaver mode is active, connection get lost or not possible to connect anymore. But this I can only confirm after having done some more tests.

Alessandro or Dave, do you have an opinion on how/when the conditions should be evaluated with the 'Delay' parameter in the Actions/Conditions dialog. Current implementation evaluates the conditions after the Delay timeout. This means the actions will only be executed when the conditions are forfilled after the delay timeout.

Further should the delayed actions get priority over the queued actions?
Current implementation executes the delayed actions after the timer has elapsed and the current queued actions are first all executed.

Thanks,
Frank

Offline frankie  
#110 Posted : 21 April 2008 17:46:24(UTC)
frankie

To be honest I haven't catched this "Action & Condition" thing so far [:I], sound like if-then-else in VBScript, correct?
Alessandro
I have a CS1 Reloaded!
Offline dntower85  
#111 Posted : 21 April 2008 17:59:28(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
Quote:
<br />I am planning to do something like that, but using routes, as far as I can see Darrin has used the blocks, signals remained on Hp1, correct?
Nice video, though.

I use to have the signals set up with blocks when I set the layout up in analog mode.

But now I don't use any blocks, currently I just set the speed of the loc when it crosses a contact or circuit track, but I may add some blocks back in just to make sure the loc stops where I want it to. and also for the hidden yard where I don't want power to be consumed when not in use.

I'm waiting on another K83 to get my signals working, but I do have the signals set up in LocCommander. I use some signals to hold or release trains as they should work and I use other fake signals as logic control.
The only problem I have had with this is that to start the layout running all trains must be in there certain spot and all signals must be set correctly before switching to automatic mode.
DT
Now powered by ECoS II unit#2, RocRail
era - some time in the future when the space time continuum is disrupted and ICE 3 Trains run on the same rails as the Adler and BR18's.
Offline dntower85  
#112 Posted : 21 April 2008 18:34:18(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by fvri
<br />Hi Darrin,

Thank you for the nice video! Your armed signals are not yet operational (station area)?

About this Delay problem/implementation (Actions and Conditions). I have still a question.

When do you see the conditions are to be evaluated when a timer is used?

<u>There are 2 possibilities:</u>
1. The conditions are only evaluated when the timer has passed and the actions are to be executed.(current implementation, V1.0.0.13). Thus NOT when the feedback item becomes occupied.

2. The conditions are evaluated when the feedback item becomes occupied. Thus the actions will be executed after the timer has passed without anymore the evaluation of the conditions (linked to the actions). This means although the conditions linked to an action have possibly changed the action will always be executed!

Thank you.

Frank

Frank,

I think I figured out the problem, in the video you can see the rail bus sitting in the station. When it is in the station it is on a contact track. If there is any delay set while the contact track is occupied I think it must be continually setting the actions further in the future.
For instance I set the delay for just 10ms ( in my mind I would of thought the rail bus would of just stopped maybe an inch further down the track , and would of started running a split second later after the other train arrived at the station) but all actions never occurred.

I'll post a copy of my layout on my web site later today. That way you and any body else can at least see how I set it up. That way if I have gone at this totally wrong, other can avoid it. [:I]

The one thing I have found by trying to run a layout with this method is never set an action with out a condition. For instance never turn a whistle on if it is not turned off, other wise that action will be continual queued and taking up data transfer time. Which if I was running a CS or an Ecos might not be a problem as I know that the old 6051 is the big bottle neck.

DT
era - some time in the future when the space time continuum is disrupted and ICE 3 Trains run on the same rails as the Adler and BR18's.
Offline fvri  
#113 Posted : 21 April 2008 19:10:16(UTC)
fvri

Hi Darrin,

Thanks for your new report. I think I miss something in your workflow but I will ask you later for more info.

A quick respons to your "train whistle" problem without a condition to switch it off...

If the train function is not defined as "a toggle" it should stop automatically after a few seconds. Otherwise you have found a new bug in LC.[:I]

UserPostedImage

Best regards,
Frank
Offline dntower85  
#114 Posted : 21 April 2008 20:49:34(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
Hi Frank,
I forgot about the toggle, I do remember in was in the manual, I'll have to go back and re read it and see what else I'm missed or forgot about. That will make it much simpler Thanks.

this one is the the one I had made for the one in the video.
http://darrintowers.com/...ut/RailBusBr152and460.lo

And this is the one where I had the whistle constantly being set to off, it caused many problems till I set the conditions.
http://darrintowers.com/...yout/HogwartsBr03Br41.lo
DT
Offline fvri  
#115 Posted : 22 April 2008 00:01:29(UTC)
fvri

Quote:
<br />To be honest I haven't catched this "Action & Condition" thing so far [:I], sound like if-then-else in VBScript, correct?

Yes, you could say the "Actions And Conditions" tables represent "IF THEN" statements as in common programming languages.

<u>As an example:</u>
- The layout exists of 3 blocks: B(1), B(2) and B(3). Each block has a feedback item(track occupancy detector) attached to an input of a feedback decoder (Feedback Module(1)).

UserPostedImage

<u>Scenario for slowing down a train Train(1) before a signal S(1):</u>

The train Train(1) with a speed of 140km/h enters the block B(1).

1.The train speed is set to 100 when signal S(1) is Hp0(red) and B(2) is not occupied and B(1) becomes occupied.

This extra condition "B(2) is not occupied" is necessary when the train covers/occupies both blocks B(1) and B(2) otherwise the train speed would be set simultaneous to 100 and to 50. And this would cause the train to accelarate and to slown down cyclic as long as B(1) and B(2) are occupied.

UserPostedImage

2. The train speed is set to 50 when S(1) is Hp0 and B(3) is not occupied and B(2) becomes occupied.

UserPostedImage

3. The train stops when S(1) is Hp0 and B(3) becomes occupied.

UserPostedImage

In case 3 only one condition is necessary, when the train occupies all three blocks, the actions related to block B(1), B(2) will not be executed as the conditions are not forfilled.

In this simple example all the conditions are set on each action individually.

But there is also the possibility to set one or more conditions that is valid for all the actions. And to make it complicated you can have a mix: global conditions on all actions and individual conditions set per action.

<u>How does the evaluation algo works in LC:</u>
1. First are the global conditions evaluated.
2. When the global conditions are forfilled then the individual conditions set per action are evaluated. Only when all the conditions are forfilled the action is executed.

Important an action on a controllable object is only executed once when the state of the object doesn't change in the meantime.

Example:

A turnout has 2 states: straight and derived.

Thus when a feedback item becomes occupied it will trigger only once the action on this turnout eg. set it straight. Only when another feedback item becomes occupied switching it to derived the first action can set the turnout back to straight when the feedback item is still occupied or becomes again occupied.
Thus as long as a feedback item is occupied it triggers only once an action as long as no other feedback item triggers a different state on this same object. Errors can be seen when the state of a switch object alters continuosly. For a train when speed goes up and down, or a train function is activated and deactivated continously.

Alessandro I hope this explains better the actions and conditions concept implemented in LC. In later versions I would like to simplify this process but you can also use the route concept but this is less powerfull.

With the "Actions and Conditions" concept you are programming yourself a part in LC.wink

Best regards,
Frank

Offline dntower85  
#116 Posted : 22 April 2008 00:26:51(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
Frank, Thanks for this info. When I didn't understand the program or exactly how I was going to run the layout, I started adding many unneeded conditions to fix things caused by other problems, now I will start cleaning the the unnecessary bits. Each time i set up a different set of trains it gets easer.
I guess its about time to set the the 4th train up in the hidden yard. each time a train will go down to the lower level a different one will come back up. Oh this is going to be fun....biggrin
DT
Offline fvri  
#117 Posted : 22 April 2008 00:58:41(UTC)
fvri

Hi Darrin,

I'm happy that you are enjoying it more and more.Smile

Yes, it can give a real kick when you see everything running automatically. Especially when defining yourself the 'actions and conditions' you are adding intelligence to the system.
Thus, if it fails don't blame the systembiggrin.
I must agree LC is a computer program thus bugs are still there...and it runs on Windows. Plus the hardware factor, although the 6051 is pretty good!
But, keep in mind to limit the actions you want to get through the system.

For later versions I would like to improve automatic control so that the system can react/interact on actions taken by the operator.
But to accomplisch this I have to implement mathimatical models regarding networks.
But, there are some heavy math brains in this forum I hope that can help me out in this complex world of networks. Michael?

But still a lot of work in different parts of the program (GUI, data exchange with the digital systems(ECoS/CS), automatic control, etc.)

BTW. thank you for putting your layout files on the web. But, it is hard to follow the actions and conditions even for me.
Under the installation folder of LC in the subfolder DemoLayouts, you can find the layout files representing my model railroad in LC.

Best regards,
Frank
Offline fvri  
#118 Posted : 29 April 2008 11:42:25(UTC)
fvri

Hi,

In case of the digital system Marklin's CS, it seems the latest version 1.0.0.13 of LC is not working properly when reading out the S88 modules.

As I'm developing LC with the use of the ECoS I can't test this for the CS. But, I got a bug report made by Alessandro(Frankie), see fvri.forumco.com

I have recently changed the way to readout the S88, LC no longer sends a get(id, state) command to read out the S88.
It is subscribed to an event sent by the digital system when the state of the S88 module changes (use of command request(id, view)). But unfortunately there seems to be a problem for the CS.

No problem for ECoS firmware version 1.1.2.

Best regards,
Frank
Offline fvri  
#119 Posted : 30 April 2008 02:41:16(UTC)
fvri

Hi,

The lastest version 1.0.0.14 can be downloaded.

Hopefully...I have corrected the issue that was introduced in LC's previous version regarding reading out feedbacker decoders (S88).

<u>IMPORTANT REMARK when using LC on the Windows Vista platform:</u>

As LC was orignally developed under the Windows XP platform file compability is automatically done when installing and running LC on the Windows Vista platform.

It is important to know that the Catalog.dbl file is no longer written under the C:\Program Files\LocCommander\ [default folder] but under the folder:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\LocCommander.

When uninstalling LC a backup of this catalog file is written under:
C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\LocCommander

In a next release the user will be able to indicate himself the folder where this catalog file is placed on the system.
A default folder will be defined according the standard Windows file policy.

Best regards,
Frank
Offline fvri  
#120 Posted : 05 May 2008 12:52:30(UTC)
fvri

Hi,

Could somebody having a "Marklin CS" do a small test with the latest version 1.0.0.14 of LC?

As I'm having an ECoS I can not test LC out for the CS.

It seems version 1.0.0.14 is not working properly (feedback from Frankie) regarding reading out the S88 (feedback) decoders [detecting track occupancy].

Thank you.

Best regards,
Frank
Offline clapcott  
#121 Posted : 05 May 2008 14:59:10(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Quote:
<br />Hi,

Could somebody having a "Marklin CS" do a small test with the latest version 1.0.0.14 of LC?

As I'm having an ECoS I can not test LC out for the CS.

It seems version 1.0.0.14 is not working properly (feedback from Frankie) regarding reading out the S88 (feedback) decoders [detecting track occupancy].

Thank you.

Best regards,
Frank

Frank, Its pretty hard going - I got it to work once but have no Idea how - .
Peter
Offline fvri  
#122 Posted : 05 May 2008 15:32:56(UTC)
fvri

Peter,

May be still not simple (scenerio below)... but, I will try to make in the near future a MS power point presentation with screen shots to make explanation/use of S88 in LC a lot easier.

<u>Scenario to follow: </u>

1. Import the feedback decoders from the digital system (click on digital system in Tree View, connect and go to Import tabpage in properties page dialog) or add manually feedback module objects (S88) to a layout.

2. Add a few straight rails/track items to the layout.

3. Add an occupancy sensor to each track item. This track item becomes then a feedback item.

4. Create for each feedback item a block and assign each track item to a different block. The block becomes now a feedback item.

5. Add each feedback item (block) to a different input contact of the appropiote feedback module.

6. Now in "operation mode" the color of the block should change into a different color(default red) when the train passes the feedback items.

Best regards,
Frank
Offline clapcott  
#123 Posted : 06 May 2008 10:44:22(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Quote:
<br />Peter,

May be still not simple (scenerio below)... but, I will try to make in the near future a MS power point presentation with screen shots to make explanation/use of S88 in LC a lot easier.

<u>Scenario to follow: </u>

1. Import the feedback decoders from the digital system (click on digital system in Tree View, connect and go to Import tabpage in properties page dialog) or add manually feedback module objects (S88) to a layout.

2. Add a few straight rails/track items to the layout.

3. Add an occupancy sensor to each track item. This track item becomes then a feedback item.

4. Create for each feedback item a block and assign each track item to a different block. The block becomes now a feedback item.

5. Add each feedback item (block) to a different input contact of the appropiote feedback module.

6. Now in "operation mode" the color of the block should change into a different color(default red) when the train passes the feedback items.

Best regards,
Frank

Frank, It is step 1 that is the stumbling block.

1. Import the feedback decoders from the digital system (click on digital system in Tree View, connect and go to Import tabpage in properties page dialog)

This works.
Notes:
1) Under Digital System you must also select Central Station
2) The "Connect" button is on the "Connection" TAB
3) The Import button is on the "Import" sub-tab which itself is under the "Object Management" tab

or add manually feedback module objects (S88) to a layout.

This did not work
Notes: the "IDs" under the "Digital System" tab started from 1,2,3 etc if added manually - These IDs cannot be changed!!!!. The imported ones (that worked) had 101,102 .....
Peter
Offline fvri  
#124 Posted : 06 May 2008 11:08:41(UTC)
fvri

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by clapcott
This did not work
Notes: the "IDs" under the "Digital System" tab started from 1,2,3 etc if added manually - These IDs cannot be changed!!!!. The imported ones (that worked) had 101,102 .....

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the testing, thus can I conclude/summarize that you are using a CS firmware 2.0.4 and that the S88 state changes can be viewed in LC (version 1.0.0.14).

After adding manually in LC the feedback module objects they should still be synchronized with the digital system afterwards, then if all goes well under the 'Digital System' tabpage (properties pages of the feedback module object) the id should refer to 100, 101, 102, etc...).

Thank you for this feedback.

Best regards,
Frank
Offline fvri  
#125 Posted : 06 May 2008 17:38:30(UTC)
fvri

Hi,

I have put a MS powerpoint presentation "Object Management with the digital systems(ECoS/CS) in LC" on http://fvri.forumco.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11

Best regards,
Frank
Offline clapcott  
#126 Posted : 07 May 2008 03:34:08(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Quote:
... thus can I conclude/summarize that you are
.. using a CS firmware 2.0.4 Correct
.. and that the S88 state changes can be viewed in LC (version 1.0.0.14) - Correct ... (on WinXPSP2) , but ONLY if imported - Not if added manually

After adding manually in LC the feedback module objects they should still be synchronized with the digital system afterwards,
They are not
then if all goes well under the 'Digital System' tabpage (properties pages of the feedback module object) the id should refer to 100, 101, 102, etc...).
No. additionally for each manually entered feedback module I get a message
"get(0, state) - 15 (NERROR_UNKNOWNID)" when I RUN
Interestingly an attempt to delete the objects shows an attempt to use 100,101,102 ... (but then you get a different error because control is not set).

Other Notes:
1) Import only picks up signals/turnouts with Unique first name. e.g. If the CS has names "Yard1 Ent" and "Yard1 Exit" the import only reports the one with the lowest OID.
2) repeating Import
- a) for s88s results in duplicate entries for the same OID
- b) for Signals results in duplicate entries for the same ID IF the name changes AND the old reference is not deleted (no conflict resolution)
- c) to import new changes from the CS it is needed to do a disconnect and reconnect before issuing the import.

Peter
Offline fvri  
#127 Posted : 07 May 2008 11:25:41(UTC)
fvri

Quote:
Other Notes:
1) Import only picks up signals/turnouts with Unique first name. e.g. If the CS has names "Yard1 Ent" and "Yard1 Exit" the import only reports the one with the lowest OID.
2) repeating Import
- a) for s88s results in duplicate entries for the same OID
- b) for Signals results in duplicate entries for the same ID IF the name changes AND the old reference is not deleted (no conflict resolution)
- c) to import new changes from the CS it is needed to do a disconnect and reconnect before issuing the import.

Points 1, 2 a and b: ok, I will verify and try to fix...

Point 2 c: Fetching info after something has changed in the digital system can easily be done by calling the 'Fetch' action in the 'Object Management' tabpage Properties Pages dialog of the digital system. [See also the ppt in the link: "Object Management with the digital systems(ECoS/CS) in LC" on http://fvri.forumco.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11].
This action can only be done when connected!

Thus, no need to disconnect and reconnect again. But it can be used for this purpose.

Also important to know is the use of this "level" setting in the 'Fetch' tabpage ('Object Management' tabpage in Properties Pages dialog of the digital system).
In the digital system it is possible to specify 3 names for a switch object. This level setting refers to the one of the 3 names that will be used as name for the switch object in LC.

I know there is still some work to do regarding this object management with the digital systems. Especially the 'import' gives me some headaches.Smile

Thank you very much for this test work and the error report!

Best regards,
Frank
Offline Tivvy  
#128 Posted : 07 May 2008 12:59:15(UTC)
Tivvy

Hi Frank,
Do you know where I could find a copy of the M6051 protocol, or one of the other protocols used to connect the LocCommander software to the layout?
I only have an MS however I am considering the possibility of using programed chips to convert the signal from the LocCommander into the digital signal running through the track.

Regards
Caillin
Ep IV / V Marklin Layout
6 track dead end station, twin track loop, 4 track through station.
Under construction.
Offline fvri  
#129 Posted : 07 May 2008 13:30:04(UTC)
fvri

Hi Caillin,

Here I have some references to the:
1. P50 protocol(RS232-communication):
http://www.tams-online.de/htmls...asyControl/interface.txt

http://www.uhlenbrock.com/3/4/0...CD68948-002.apd/P50X.zip

2. PCInterface protocol ASCII (TCP/IP communication):
http://users.telenet.be/loccomm...sPcInterfaceProtocol.pdf

Best regards,
Frank
Offline frankie  
#130 Posted : 07 May 2008 13:33:19(UTC)
frankie

Here you can find a 605X emulator and virtual portwink
http://mitglied.lycos.de/mgrafe/download_en.htm
Alessandro
I have a CS1 Reloaded!
Offline Tivvy  
#131 Posted : 07 May 2008 15:23:05(UTC)
Tivvy

Excelent - Thank you both for your replys - I think I will try the emulator first - If it does what I want then there will be no need to build fancy circuits biggrin

Caillin
Ep IV / V Marklin Layout
Under construction.
Offline Tivvy  
#132 Posted : 18 May 2008 07:23:58(UTC)
Tivvy

Hi Frank,

Does LC support the Lissy system or some kind of equivelant? I would like to have speed restricting signals in place. (Zs3 aspect)
If not, then how many s88 detector modules can be recognised? --&gt; I am considering home-building a lissy-style system of recievers. Could each reciever be hooked up to an individual s88 contact for each loco in each direction? (Requires about 1000 addresses, 2 dierections * 10 Locos * 50 detection points)

Also, can rules be set that are being continuously monitored or are they only activated by certain actions. Eg I would like to have a very advanced signalling system through my station/yard which activates distant signals appropriately to the next signal down the line. This would be based around logic containing the point settings, the aspect of the signals down the line, and the status of the home signal in the station.

Thanks,
Caillin
Ep IV / V Marklin Layout
Under construction.
Offline clapcott  
#133 Posted : 18 May 2008 12:30:06(UTC)
clapcott

New Zealand   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Tivvy
<br />Hi Frank,

Does LC support the Lissy system or some kind of equivelant? I would like to have speed restricting signals in place. (Zs3 aspect)
If not, then how many s88 detector modules can be recognised? --&gt; I am considering home-building a lissy-style system of recievers. Could each reciever be hooked up to an individual s88 contact for each loco in each direction? (Requires about 1000 addresses, 2 dierections * 10 Locos * 50 detection points)

Also, can rules be set that are being continuously monitored or are they only activated by certain actions. Eg I would like to have a very advanced signalling system through my station/yard which activates distant signals appropriately to the next signal down the line. This would be based around logic containing the point settings, the aspect of the signals down the line, and the status of the home signal in the station.

Thanks,
Caillin

Caillin.

Not sure from you comments if you already have LISSY in operation. If you do then I am not sure I would reinvent the wheel.

Augmenting it with a loconet capable interface like locobuffer using JMRI should offer any advanced logic that you require.

Peter
Offline Tivvy  
#134 Posted : 18 May 2008 12:54:23(UTC)
Tivvy

Quote:
<br />
Quote:
<br />Hi Frank,

Thanks,
Caillin

Caillin.

Not sure from you comments if you already have LISSY in operation. If you do then I am not sure I would reinvent the wheel.

Augmenting it with a loconet capable interface like locobuffer using JMRI should offer any advanced logic that you require.

Unfortunately I dont have the lissy system installed - however I would like to install a similar home-made system to use its advanced logic for speed restricting signals.
Ep IV / V Marklin Layout
Under construction.
Offline fvri  
#135 Posted : 05 June 2008 02:18:08(UTC)
fvri

Hi,

Recently, I have released version 1.0.0.16 of LC.
To download please go to : http://users.telenet.be/loccommander/DownloadsPage.html

Main issues regarding this version:

- Improved 'automatic run mode' for the digital systems CS/ECoS.
Use of events to trigger actions instead of the 'readout loop' for the feedback decoders (S88 modules).

- A 'route' object can be used to define actions (see 'Actions and Conditions' dialog).

- User definable 'Speed conditions' when defining conditions (see 'Actions and Conditions' dialog).

- Bug fixes regarding the 'Train Control Dialog'.

As an illustration of how LC controls my model railroad in 'automatic run mode' please play this movie:
http://users.telenet.be/loccomm...s/LCAutomaticControl.exe

In the movie you will see how track occupancy changes in the layout, how train speed changes in the 'Train control dialogs' and how some turnouts and signals are triggered.

In another movie I show how to define actions and conditions/rules in LC. Starting from defining a feedback module(Eg. S88) and an occupancy detector in the layout until adding actions and conditions via the 'Actions and Conditions' dialog.
http://users.telenet.be/loccomm...ActionsAndConditions.exe

Thanks to very valuable/useful feedback of Alessandro(alias Frankie) and Darrin I'm able and will continue to improve LC.

Object management between LC and the digital systems ECoS/CS still needs more improvements.[:I]

Feature and bug reports can be reported in http://fvri.forumco.com or here of course!

Further... ESU has announced that they will release in the near future a new version of the PC interface protocol...

Best regards,
Frank
Offline fvri  
#136 Posted : 08 June 2008 17:05:09(UTC)
fvri

Hi,

Today I have released a bug fix release for version 1.0.0.16 .
This updated version should fix a serious bug that could occure in 'automatic run mode' when a Train Control dialog was active/shown.

How to select digital system(settings) and import objects from digital system(ECoS/CS) into LC?

http://users.telenet.be/loccomm...s/LCImportingObjects.exe

Frank
Offline frankie  
#137 Posted : 09 June 2008 16:27:36(UTC)
frankie

Quote:
<br />Excelent - Thank you both for your replys - I think I will try the emulator first - If it does what I want then there will be no need to build fancy circuits biggrin

Caillin

Has the emulator worked as you expected, then?
I mean a booster and the emulator are sufficient to control the layout with LocCommander?
Alessandro
I have a CS1 Reloaded!
Offline dntower85  
#138 Posted : 10 June 2008 06:17:06(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
1.0.0.16 runs great with the 6051 interface, So far no bugs

Love the copy and paste on the actions and conditions.Smile

Thanks
DT
Offline mascagni  
#139 Posted : 12 June 2008 19:35:39(UTC)
mascagni

Frank: I have not had much time to play recently, but I have my CS hooked up via Cat-5 cable to a PC running LC, latest version. I have run into a problem. I downloaded the information from the CS to LC, and every time I try to operate anything on an MFX Lok LC bounces back to "edit mode" from operational mode. I can control non-MFX trains, and solenoid devices, but try one thing with an MFX Lok and it's all over. Is there a fix, what is going on, can I work around this? Thanks.--MM
Michael Mascagni, Tallahassee
If I weren't a Mathematician, I'd be a Violinist.--Albert Einstein
Offline frankie  
#140 Posted : 12 June 2008 20:01:49(UTC)
frankie

I have a mix of decoders in use, including MFX, and no issues like that...
Alessandro
I have a CS1 Reloaded!
Offline fvri  
#141 Posted : 12 June 2008 21:18:09(UTC)
fvri

Hi Michael,

Yes, indeed strange... Alessandro(frankie) uses a mix of trains and so far no problems but of coarse there could always be one data item causing problems. The fact it switches immediately to 'Edit mode' is very strange this could only be when a connection is broken with digital system or an illegal command was send to the digital system.

Anyway I need to investigate this.
Is it possible to send me your Catalog.dbl file, in the Properties tabpage of the Properties Page dialog of the Catalog object(click on Catalog in the TreeView) you can see where your Catalog.dbl file is located on disk.

For me it is the only way to see what data is really imported from CS into LC catalog database file regarding this loc.

Maybe also the layout file(.lo)!

BTW. what is the firmware version of CS?

Thanks.
Best regards,
Frank
Offline mascagni  
#142 Posted : 12 June 2008 23:10:39(UTC)
mascagni

Frank: I will put all this together for you by the weekend. BTW, I upgraded my CS to the latest version before I started playing around. Hope that wasn't the issue. Thanks.--MM
Offline fvri  
#143 Posted : 13 June 2008 01:38:56(UTC)
fvri

No, the firmware should not be an issue when it is &gt;=2.0.4 (for CS I think):

Ok, I appreciate this a lot!

Thanks.
Frank
Offline frankie  
#144 Posted : 13 June 2008 15:39:00(UTC)
frankie

Since we keep speaking about bugs and issues, one may think that the software doesn't work, wrong!, indeed it does.
With 1.0.0.16 I made full control of my layout, which is not that big and made 4 trains go around automatically, in some cases two of them run together and with control of speed and safe use of signal I have no crashes whatsoever.
If I have time I will post a movie of it.
Alessandro
I have a CS1 Reloaded!
Offline mascagni  
#145 Posted : 13 June 2008 16:47:34(UTC)
mascagni

Alessadro and Frank: I am a Computer Science professor, and I have produced a widely used piece of mathematical software. So I definitely understand that even when code works well for most of the user base, weird thing pop up. This is VERY USEFUL SOFTWARE, it just has bugs, which is what all software always has. I like LC a lot, and I hope that I can help make it better by collaborating with the developer. In fact, I think, up to the point that Frank cannot cope with our comments, Frank is probably happy to see people using LC and reporting back with bug reports.--MM
Offline mascagni  
#146 Posted : 13 June 2008 16:49:22(UTC)
mascagni

Frank: One thing that would be good for me and for you. Could you put up a bug report page for LC? This could be a form that allows us to identify our system, describe the problem, and upload to you the LC files you may need. This would be a real good way for you to see what is going on, and it would impose a good discipline on the bug reports. Let me know what you think.--MM
Offline frankie  
#147 Posted : 13 June 2008 17:04:24(UTC)
frankie

There is a forum just for LC at least I wil not be alone therewinkhttp://fvri.forumco.com/default.asp
Alessandro
I have a CS1 Reloaded!
Offline fvri  
#148 Posted : 13 June 2008 18:00:55(UTC)
fvri

Hi Michael,

I have no problem what so ever when members report bugs regarding LC.Smile Also comments, suggestions for improvement are always welcome!

So, as Frankie already has mentioned there is a seperate forum for LC.

I don't want that all "things" especially specific small LC releated things(bugs and features) are posted on this nice forum. I have also already discuss this with our WebMaster!

I know that not everybody is interested in PC control and this piece of software. But the people that are can do this in full extend on the fvri.forumco.com forum.

Currently, there is no way on this ('free') forum to upload files. As these LC layout and catalog files are small in size you can always mail them directly to me : fvri@telenet.be or frank.vieren@barco.com .

But, I will continue posting on this forum regarding LC that could be of common interest to all forum members.

Best regards,
Frank
Offline mascagni  
#149 Posted : 14 June 2008 01:22:46(UTC)
mascagni

OK, I will go to the forum.

BTW: I will post the information for you, but I am running LC version 1.0.0.15, my CS is hardware v1.2, firmware v2.0.4, and protocol v0.1. I will create a web page for you to see the files you need at:

www.cs.fsu.edu/~mascagni/Loccommander

Thanks.--MM
Offline fvri  
#150 Posted : 14 June 2008 15:58:19(UTC)
fvri

Hi Michael,

Thanks for making these .lo/dbl files available to me!

I have found and solved your problem...Smile for the trouble shooting loc "Ae 6/6 Consist"!

As LC was developed when the MFX decoder was not yet implemented I built in a limit for setting the maximum address for a loc to 80.
Thus that is the problem, it seems this loc gets address '166' assigned from the CS and the program LC throws an exception.

I have made a trouble report in :
http://fvri.forumco.com/topic~TOPIC_ID~31.asp

I didn't experience the problem as I'm running LC with the ESU ECoS that does not support Mfx in the way the CS does.

BTW. the locs Ae 6/6 and Ae 6/6 Consist have both the same address 166. I don't know how the behaviour of the Marklin CS is but in the ESU ECoS when two locs have the same address they can not be controlled.

An bug fix update for version 1.0.0.16 can be downloaded from:
http://users.telenet.be/loccommander/DownloadsPage.html

Thanks again for reporting this bug!

Have a nice weekend!
Best regards,
Frank