Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline steventrain  
#1 Posted : 30 April 2013 19:27:07(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
MÄRKLIN 37564 - CROCODILE SBB-CFF-FFS blue - exclusive OLAERTS

At the end of tourist season, Crocodile SBB-RTC-FFS 14.305 locomotive who attended organized celebrations for the 150th anniversary of the Swiss railways on August 31, 1997 was a livery paint tired by the Sun and a green aged with yellow which evaporates, giving him a "bluish" appearance.

A picture of this Blue Jean-Louis POGGI Crocodile, witness of this unusual delivered bluish, lies in page 69 number 613 Loco Magazine April 1998 magazine.

Treinshop Olaerts reproduce exclusively this blue variant of the Crocodile, as early as 2014, under number official 37564 of Märklin, an official production of the parent company of Göppingen: 999 copies numbered with certificate at the price of €565, only and Treinshop Olaerts exclusively.

Source from >Benelux Models<
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 11 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline Janne75  
#2 Posted : 30 April 2013 22:30:32(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Thanks for information. This will be then a "maybe" new Crocodile into my collection. But first I want to have that 37567 black version which I pre-ordered. This 37564 is a bit pricey as I get my black 37567 with 430 euro. This cost 560 euro. I have already many different color tone green Crocodiles and this would be different looking and if it will be aged from factory it must look amazing Drool . That production run of 999 locos is quite limited, but this is what Märklin does very often with many items. I mean too many limited or One-Time Series products per year.

Regards,
Janne
Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by Janne75
Offline mbarreto  
#3 Posted : 30 April 2013 23:15:27(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

Didn't decide yet, but I agree it was great if it is weathered. Anyway it probably it isn't in order to make the blueish green color have a stronger impact.

By the road number, it is a CE6/8III, which means it is the old model, probably equipped with the new model's motor.

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline old toot  
#4 Posted : 01 May 2013 00:41:02(UTC)
old toot

New Zealand   
Hi all
Marklin/LGB are also doing the Rhb GE6/6 LGB 25409 in the blue with 36659 pair of Pullman Carriages to match
very nice set and the carriages have lighting included
regards
old toot
were we pickit, packit and postit
Offline H0  
#5 Posted : 01 May 2013 08:22:01(UTC)
H0

Hi!
Originally Posted by: steventrain Go to Quoted Post
MÄRKLIN 37564 - CROCODILE SBB-CFF-FFS blue - exclusive OLAERTS [...] Crocodile SBB-RTC-FFS 14.305
Most likely this will be the old mould with only one HEP motor and three powered axles.
At that price I may be able to resist - no matter which mould or propulsion it will be.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline mbarreto  
#6 Posted : 01 May 2013 09:22:14(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

Hi Tom,

Can you tell me please what is the HEP motor and, if possible off course, what locos is it in?

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline H0  
#7 Posted : 01 May 2013 09:47:21(UTC)
H0

HEP is English for HLA (some call it DDCM).

See also:
https://www.marklin-user...-of-Abbreviations.aspx?=
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline RayF  
#8 Posted : 01 May 2013 09:55:59(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
To avoid confusion perhaps we should all refer to the motor as a 5 pole DCM motor?

There are a large number of abbreviations being quoted all the time, and it would be helpful if we tried to standardise. I think we all know what SFCM, LFCM and DCM means as far as Marklin goes, but some of the more unusual ones sometimes leave me guessing...
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by RayF
Offline Janne75  
#9 Posted : 01 May 2013 09:57:23(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Tom means HEP = High Efficiency Propulsion.

If this 37564 is the old Ce 6/8 III with one motor then I think that I'm not interested anymore even if it is weathered. But if it has two motors then I'm intrested. From loco Märklin number 37564 we can see that it is not 3956X-series and it should be from the new series. I would think that it has two motors and older chassis maybe as it is Ce 6/8 III and not Ce 6/8 II.

Regards
Janne

Edited by user 01 May 2013 14:10:45(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Märklin H0 digital layout. I have analog and digital H0 Collection. Rolling stock mostly from era I, II, III and IV. Märklin 1 gauge beginner.
Offline H0  
#10 Posted : 01 May 2013 11:08:26(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Janne75 Go to Quoted Post
From loco Märklin number 37564 we can see that it is not 3956X-series and it should be from the new series.
Both 3756 and 37569 are from the old series. So I still expect 37564 to come with the mould that suits the number 14305 - the old mould.
Nowadays 37xxx vs. 39xxx has not any meaning any more, so who knows which mould they will use and, if it is the old mould, how many motors it will have.

Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline mbarreto  
#11 Posted : 01 May 2013 13:22:10(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

It was great Märklin do a new CE6/8III with the technology of the new CE6/8II with the 2 motors and its excellent smooth running. Just the sidewalks along the 2 outer volumes of the body should be in metal.

I think it may happen but its launch shouldn't be through a specific dealer, so I think it probably won't be in the 37564.

Also I don't like the idea of one M model be only sold in a specific dealer, even if it is a limited numbered edition.

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mbarreto
Offline Janne75  
#12 Posted : 01 May 2013 14:36:26(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Janne75 Go to Quoted Post
From loco Märklin number 37564 we can see that it is not 3956X-series and it should be from the new series.
Both 3756 and 37569 are from the old series. So I still expect 37564 to come with the mould that suits the number 14305 - the old mould.
Nowadays 37xxx vs. 39xxx has not any meaning any more, so who knows which mould they will use and, if it is the old mould, how many motors it will have.

I have two different 3756: one is Be 6/8 III (13305) and other one is Ce 6/8 III (14305). They have also different green color tone. 14305 has more dark green color tone than 13305. I have also a brown Ce 6/8 III (14303), same color tone green Ce 6/8 III (14307) as 14305 3756 and brown Ce 6/8 III (14316). My other Crocodiles have either (1859) or (31859) road numers as they are from sets 31859 or 31860. One exception is 36159 that has the good old (3015) "road number".

That black new 37567 will have a fantasy livery and fantasy road number like these 31859/31860 Crocodiles. But it looks so good that it was a must to have. If this 37564 will have two motors it will be ordered.

Tom, is it really like that it can not be expected to have a better or "premium" loco if the numbering starts with 39XXX and not 37XXX? Back in good old days 39XXX locos were all equipped with fantastic C-Sinus motors. Then later with Softdrive Sinus motors. Back in those days locos starting with numbers 37XXX were the ones with 5-pole HEP/HLA and based to drum commutator motors mainly that were louder than the "premium" 39XXX series.

But now we have seen for example 37565 new Crocodiles that are running very smoothly and quietly. What could 39XXX loco number mean today? Funeral to Softdrive Sinus maybe? Wink

Regards,
Janne
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Janne75
Offline H0  
#13 Posted : 01 May 2013 16:33:24(UTC)
H0

There are SDS locos with 37xxx numbers and non-SDS locos with 39xxx numbers (they kept 3901x for BR 01 and 3923x for BR 23 even with the downgraded motor (BR 152 and BR 189 also use 39xxx numbers), but the downgraded BR E 10.12, BR 218, and Re 460 now come with 37xxx numbers).
So a 39xxx number for a new model probably means nothing but the mould was formerly used for a C Sine loco.

So with respect to the new Crocodile we just have to wait until details are announced.
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by H0
Offline cookee_nz  
#14 Posted : 02 May 2013 07:29:11(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
Originally Posted by: mbarreto Go to Quoted Post

(snip)
Also I don't like the idea of one M model be only sold in a specific dealer, even if it is a limited numbered edition.

Miguel, if I understand it correctly, this has nothing to do with Marklin - I suspect here the dealer has commissioned this special run and placed his order for the 999 units, therefore it is his responsibility to dispose of them. He must have great confidence in his customers or the popularity of the model to take that gamble.

There have been other items which Marklin have offered in limited numbers but which are still able to be ordered through normal dealer channels, and I seem to recall one or two items announced, but not finally produced due of lack of interest or confirmed orders. There is no shortage of special run items produced for a dealer or shop and never appearing in the catalogue.

Regards

Steve
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by cookee_nz
Offline H0  
#15 Posted : 02 May 2013 07:47:58(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: RayF Go to Quoted Post
To avoid confusion perhaps we should all refer to the motor as a 5 pole DCM motor?
Well, some greenhorn will then ask what DCM stands for or what 5 pole means.

Mother M* calls it high-efficiency propulsion (HEP) or Hochleistungsantrieb (HLA) and those terms are so broadly used, that it should be IMHO OK to use them on this forum, too.
Even though English is the official language of the forum, it seems that HEP is less frequently used then HLA.

Does the term "5 pole DCM" include the new can motors or shall it be used for the 60901 motor only or for the family of 60901/3/4 motors only?

We don't even use standardized loco class names (even though DRG standardized them nearly 100 years ago as e.g. "BR 18.1", but some still write "Br18.1" or even (incorrectly) "BR 18" or "BR18" or other forms and ignore that BR 01 does not include BR 01.10).
Regards
Tom
---
UserPostedImage
Offline river6109  
#16 Posted : 02 May 2013 09:17:20(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
Originally Posted by: H0 Go to Quoted Post
Well, some greenhorn will then ask what DCM stands for or what 5 pole means.

Mother M* calls it high-efficiency propulsion (HEP) or Hochleistungsantrieb (HLA) and those terms are so broadly used, that it should be IMHO OK to use them on this forum, too.
Even though English is the official language of the forum, it seems that HEP is less frequently used then HLA.

Does the term "5 pole DCM" include the new can motors or shall it be used for the 60901 motor only or for the family of 60901/3/4 motors only?

We don't even use standardized loco class names (even though DRG standardized them nearly 100 years ago as e.g. "BR 18.1", but some still write "Br18.1" or even (incorrectly) "BR 18" or "BR18" or other forms and ignore that BR 01 does not include BR 01.10).

Tom,
I'm not one of them who can't understand the abbreviations but it does come to a point whereas these abbreviations are used one wonders: what do they mean ? I had a question the other day: pov, I asked the writer please explain and excuse my ignorance.: point of view.
although I agree with you regarding the classifications of steam locos as you've described it but most of us refer it to a BR 18 and BR 01 and have some idea what we are talking about.
comparing the two HEP and BR 01.10 it becomes clear I only can relate to one name.

John

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline RayF  
#17 Posted : 02 May 2013 09:19:56(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
My suggestion was based on the actual meaning of what the initials stand for. High efficiency propulsion means absolutely nothing. It says nothing about the shape of the motor, whether it is AC or DC, or even what the efficiency is...(20%, 50%, 90% ????) Even Marklin are vague about what it means, applying the term to "can" motors as well as the traditional "pancake" types.

Five pole motor means exactly that. There are 5 poles on the armature. Drum commutator motor means that the commutator is shaped like a drum, as opposed to being a flat plate. There is less ambiguity and no assumptions are made about any other aspect of the motor.

I also feel that there is a certain lack of precision when members use unfamiliar terms, but that is understandable. Most people are not experts in the field of German railway motive power. I get more annoyed when people use "Anchor or Anka" instead of the correct term "armature", and "collector" instead of "commutator". I understand though that most people have not studied electrical or electronic engineering in English....

My apologies for having deviated from the topic.
Ray
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by RayF
Offline cookee_nz  
#18 Posted : 02 May 2013 11:02:07(UTC)
cookee_nz

New Zealand   
(snip)
I also feel that there is a certain lack of precision when members use unfamiliar terms, but that is understandable. Most people are not experts in the field of German railway motive power. I get more annoyed when people use "Anchor or Anka" instead of the correct term "armature", and "collector" instead of "commutator". I understand though that most people have not studied electrical or electronic engineering in English....

My apologies for having deviated from the topic.

Hi Ray, I'm puzzled; what is there to get annoyed about?

Both Märklin and Faller (and no doubt many other manufacturers) also call the referred part (Armature) by the terms "Anker", "Flachanker" etc. They are, in Marklin technical documentation, the 'correct' term / nomenclature. Just look at spare parts sheets for a start.

In a forum discussing predominantly German items, surely this form of useage should not be a problem?

Clarification of these terms, abbreviations etc helps all our understanding.

Cheers

Steve
Cookee
Wellington
NZ image
Offline mbarreto  
#19 Posted : 02 May 2013 14:26:20(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

In respect to the so called high efficiency, I think we now can have:

1- 5 pole DCM (old style permanent magnet with brushes)
2- 5 pole can or endbell motors (permanent magnet in armature with brushes)
3- Faulhaber and other coreless motors

I don't know if the 36xxx with load regulation cheap motors are 3 or 5 pole. In case yes, this sentence should be #4

I also don't know if the 37565 crocs motors are 2- or 3- (never opened mines). They are so quiet that it seems they are brushless, but I really doubt.

I didn't talk about the Sinus and Soft-Sinus because althoug they are super high efficiency, I think they are not under what it is usually called here HEP.

Am I right, am I missing something or what should be corrected or added?

Thanks

Edit: Coreless motors have no brushes.

Edited by user 20 February 2014 20:43:31(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mbarreto
Offline RayF  
#20 Posted : 02 May 2013 14:59:27(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
Originally Posted by: cookee_nz Go to Quoted Post

Hi Ray, I'm puzzled; what is there to get annoyed about?

Both Märklin and Faller (and no doubt many other manufacturers) also call the referred part (Armature) by the terms "Anker", "Flachanker" etc. They are, in Marklin technical documentation, the 'correct' term / nomenclature. Just look at spare parts sheets for a start.

Cheers

Steve

The term might be correct in German but it's certainly not correct English. For me, an anchor is something I carry on my boat, and I wouldn't expect to find one in an electric motor (unless you're refering to a mounting or bracket which holds it in place).

If Marklin and other manufacturers are using the wrong English word then that should be corrected, not promoted as an acceptable alternative.

I'd like to clarify that this does not get me really annoyed, but more like slightly irritated. You know, the sort of feeling you get when you see someone parking their car badly, or when someone has a loud telephone conversation on a bus.
Ray
Offline Olav  
#21 Posted : 02 May 2013 19:52:36(UTC)
Olav

The correct word is Rotor.

Best regards

Olav
Offline RayF  
#22 Posted : 02 May 2013 20:09:08(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
That's correct, in a DC motor, the armature can aslo be called the Rotor.
Ray
Offline steventrain  
#23 Posted : 13 May 2013 16:25:13(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
http://www.treinshopolaerts.be/Pictures/Blauwe%20krokodile%202014%20nl.jpg
Large Marklinist 3- Rails Layout with CS2/MS2/Boosters/C-track/favorites Electric class E03/BR103, E18/E118, E94, Crocodiles/Steam BR01, BR03, BR05, BR23, BR44, BR50, Big Boy.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline steventrain  
#24 Posted : 06 December 2013 21:08:49(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Image of front box.

Edited by user 31 December 2013 12:26:11(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 10 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline BrandonVA  
#25 Posted : 06 December 2013 21:30:41(UTC)
BrandonVA

United States   
Awesome box cover. Something tells me this one will be pretty popular :)

-Brandon
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by BrandonVA
Offline Janne75  
#26 Posted : 06 December 2013 22:01:37(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Very nice light blue box with fantastic looking blue Crocodile Drool ...

If the box cover Crocodile picture looks like the loco itself, then it is from the "older" style one motor Crocodile. But if the couplers and pantographs and many other details look as in the box cover, then it will be the good old style larger Crocodiles, like CCS 800, 3015, 30159, 36159, 31859 set green + white and 31860 set green and white. Then 565 euro price would be cheap. But it can't be like that as this blue should have sounds etc. and there is no room for loudspeaker in the older style large Crocodiles (I think...).

Anyway Drool Love Drool Love Drool Love Drool Love Drool Love

Cheers,
Janne
Offline Janne75  
#27 Posted : 06 December 2013 22:51:17(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hi again,

Is this 37564 blue Crocodile possible to order and buy from Märklin or must it be ordered from that Trainshop Olaerts?

It definitely started my interest now! Love I have a 3756 which has this same road number 14305, but it is not weathered from green to blue...

I hope that it is still possible to get one of these. If I could choose I would like to have a "big" 3015 style and size blue Crocodile as it would look lovely in the display case, but newer designs are ok also for me.

Cheers,
Janne
Offline Janne75  
#28 Posted : 03 January 2014 22:08:36(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hi all,

I got today e-mail and there was info about this 37564 blue Crocodile. It is based on 39560, so older "small" Crocodile and not like 3015 or newer two motor Crocodiles. Stephen (steventrain) wrote in another thread that it has not C-Sinus or SDS motor, but 5-pole motor.

= I will probably not order it then...

Regards,
Janne
Offline mbarreto  
#29 Posted : 03 January 2014 23:21:02(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

The box picture is misleading, unless it will change...

Blue is the color of my football team (FC Porto), and I like crocs, so....

Off course I was much happier if it was CCS800/3015 based, anyway it is a must have for me!

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

thanks 2 users liked this useful post by mbarreto
Offline vilithejou  
#30 Posted : 12 February 2014 11:19:10(UTC)
vilithejou

The locomotive arrive at the shop at the end of this month or early next month
Joan Vilarrúbia
vilithejou@yahoo.es
Fan of Märklín, Kroko lover
thanks 4 users liked this useful post by vilithejou
Offline vilithejou  
#31 Posted : 20 February 2014 13:25:44(UTC)
vilithejou

Originally Posted by: vilithejou Go to Quoted Post

The locomotive arrive at the shop at the end of this month or early next month

The loks arrive at Olaerts on 5th march
Joan Vilarrúbia
vilithejou@yahoo.es
Fan of Märklín, Kroko lover
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by vilithejou
Offline Jeremy Palmer  
#32 Posted : 20 February 2014 13:38:16(UTC)
Jeremy Palmer

Barbados   
Originally Posted by: BrandonVA Go to Quoted Post
Awesome box cover. Something tells me this one will be pretty popular :)

-Brandon

BigGrin BigGrin

Jeremy.

1). If at first you don't succeed, bungee jumping mightn't be for you.
2). The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second rat that gets the cheese.
Offline Paul59  
#33 Posted : 20 February 2014 19:01:55(UTC)
Paul59

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: mbarreto Go to Quoted Post

In respect to the so called high efficiency, I think we now can have:

1- 5 pole DCM (old style permanent magnet with brushes)
2- 5 pole can or endbell motors (permanent magnet in armature with brushes)
3- Faulhaber and other coreless motors (no brushes)

Sorry to contradict you here Miguel but cordless motors do usually have brushes and a commutator. The armature doesn't have an iron core hence the name.

As far as I am aware the only brushless motors Marklin have used are the C-Sine or SoftDrive Sinus ones.

Feel free to put me right anyone but this is my understanding. All the pictures of coreless motors I have seen have brushes.

Paul
Marklin HO using M track. Now reverted to analogue as I find it has more character - and I understand it!
Offline mbarreto  
#34 Posted : 20 February 2014 22:46:51(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
Originally Posted by: Paul59 Go to Quoted Post

cordless motors do usually have brushes and a commutator. The armature doesn't have an iron core hence the name.

As far as I am aware the only brushless motors Marklin have used are the C-Sine or SoftDrive Sinus ones.

Feel free to put me right anyone but this is my understanding. All the pictures of coreless motors I have seen have brushes.

Paul

What you say is correct. I already had a post in other thread (sorry but now I am a bit lazy to look for it :) ) where I wrote it. I also just edited my post in this thread to correct it.

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline ajant  
#35 Posted : 04 March 2014 14:36:14(UTC)
ajant

Italy   
The locomotive is coming to the store?
when?
Thanks
Best regards
Mauro
Offline steventrain  
#36 Posted : 04 March 2014 17:11:22(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Originally Posted by: ajant Go to Quoted Post
The locomotive is coming to the store?
when?
Thanks
Best regards
Mauro

Coming in after 5th March.
thanks 2 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline voralpen  
#37 Posted : 06 March 2014 12:41:19(UTC)
voralpen

Swiss modell & real
thanks 9 users liked this useful post by voralpen
Offline steventrain  
#38 Posted : 06 March 2014 14:27:50(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
thanks 3 users liked this useful post by steventrain
Offline Ian555  
#39 Posted : 06 March 2014 17:19:09(UTC)
Ian555

Scotland   
Hi Josep,

Welcome to the forum. ThumpUp

What a beautiful Loco for your 1st post...worth the wait.Wink

All the best.

Ian.

Offline mike c  
#40 Posted : 06 March 2014 19:22:24(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Is this a special livery to commemorate the Swedish hockey team's silver medal in Sochi ;) or is it in tribute to the present crisis in Ukraine :( I was expecting a more green-bluish colour.

Regards

Mike C
Offline mbarreto  
#41 Posted : 06 March 2014 21:05:09(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   

it seems a great livery, even if fantasy!

To keep this thread in fashion: What motor does this croc has? The 5 pole DCM?
Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mbarreto
Offline Bas  
#42 Posted : 06 March 2014 22:38:22(UTC)
Bas

Netherlands   
Yes, 5 pole DCM.

How do I Know? I just picked mine up from the store. First one they delivered to a customer they told me.
And yes, it looks stunning!

Here are my pics!
Bas attached the following image(s):
Blue Krokodil 1.jpg
Blue Krokodil 2.jpg
Blue Krokodil 3.jpg
Blue Krokodil 4.jpg
thanks 13 users liked this useful post by Bas
Offline mbarreto  
#43 Posted : 07 March 2014 00:03:19(UTC)
mbarreto

Portugal   
Originally Posted by: Bas Go to Quoted Post
Yes, 5 pole DCM.

How do I Know? ...

Thanks for the photos and congratulations for being the first to have a 37564!
Seems also the box is the 60's style and I like it for this type of special editions.
M* said they don't produce it anymore with the SDS. It was produced (and so they have molds) with C-Sinus and 5 pole DCM. As they probably wouldn't go to C-Sinus, then 5 pole DCM should be easier than build a new mold to support the new standard motor.

Edited by user 07 March 2014 10:09:59(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Best regards,
Miguel
Mostly Märklin H0.

Offline steventrain  
#44 Posted : 07 March 2014 09:56:58(UTC)
steventrain

United Kingdom   
Excellent model, Bas.

Also Welcome to the forum.
Offline Bas  
#45 Posted : 07 March 2014 17:07:42(UTC)
Bas

Netherlands   
They have contacted the photographer who took the picture back then, and het sent them three original negatives from his analog camera. They have scanned the negatives and published them on their facebook page.

They told me that this scale-model is modelled exactly like the original at the time the picture was taken. Also the print on the loco (maintenance date, etc) is accurate and period correct. Anyone who get this model, will receive an additional high quality print from this scan. They weren't ready when I got mine, so I will get it later. They will start shipping orders for this model from next Monday.

And on the other pictures, taken at different times on different locations that day, the Crocodile is also blue. The explanation given back then was that this engine was at the end of the season, and had faded paint on it. Because they apparently had switched supplier or brand the quality was off, leading to an original green Crocodile that had faded to blue at the end of the season.

Things like deviation in the color-temperature of the (sun)light is not the source of this color blue, it was purely faded paint that resulted in these pictures.

And in real life, it really looks stunning. The color blue is the same that was used on the collection 3 three Steam engines that were released in a showcase 2 years ago.
The color looks really good on a Swiss Crocodile. It comes with a numbered certificate. (I have a low number BigGrin )

thanks 4 users liked this useful post by Bas
Offline RayF  
#46 Posted : 07 March 2014 19:57:39(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
The photo in post 37 shows a very different blue to those in post 42. It also more closely resembles the colour shown on the facebook page.

I can imagine the former being a faded green, but the latter just looks bright blue to me. Perhaps this is the lighting?
Ray
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by RayF
Offline Janne75  
#47 Posted : 07 March 2014 21:27:14(UTC)
Janne75

Finland   
Hi,

Nice Crocodile, but not for me with that price and 5-pole DCM motor. I like the colour in post 37 as it looks more light blue than bright blue. Maybe the flashing light makes some photos to look too bright blue? When I first considered to order this 37564 I thought it will be based on CCS 800/3015/30159/36159/31859/31860 bigger Crocodile as the box cover photo shows that kind of model. I was very excited in waiting for more information... So it was not based on this bigger model unfortunately in my opinion.

Then I decided that I would order it anyway if it will be with C-Sinus or SDS motor. So it was not and I did not order it then. We will see if it ends to an Collector´s item or not and what will happen to the price later. It is a limited 999 items product run, but so are many others too. In my opinion a paint of green and blue mix (a weathered faded paint in some areas) would be even better. It is a nice Crocodile anyway, but not for me with that price. If the price for a second hand 37564 will drop, say 200 euro from this 565? euro price, then I will maybe buy it. My next Crocodiles will be an old 39560 Ce 6/8III 14 310 green C-Sinus (I had one before) and 37565 Ce 6/8II brown, maybe 37565 Ce 6/8II green too. I like all the motors in these models. There is nothing wrong with the good old 5-pole DCM motor, but I think the price is very high for a model with that "normal" motor.

Regards,
Janne
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Janne75
Offline foumaro  
#48 Posted : 08 March 2014 05:28:08(UTC)
foumaro

Greece   
For me a very expensive even the loco have SDS or C-sinus or anything else.I do not like at all the blue color for this great locomotive,but i know that the crocodiles have fanatic friends and they will sold very easily.Marklin's marketing tricks.
Offline Jeremy Palmer  
#49 Posted : 09 March 2014 00:07:24(UTC)
Jeremy Palmer

Barbados   
Originally Posted by: foumaro Go to Quoted Post
For me a very expensive even the loco have SDS or C-sinus or anything else.I do not like at all the blue color for this great locomotive,but i know that the crocodiles have fanatic friends and they will sold very easily.Marklin's marketing tricks.

Not sure it had anything to do with Marklin - I believe it was an opportunity perceived and acted on by: http://www.treinshopolaerts.be/catalog/index.php

As such they would have had to underwrite the entire production and hope that it sold - I think this is what happened anyway, but could be wrong.

Hats off to them!!
Jeremy.

1). If at first you don't succeed, bungee jumping mightn't be for you.
2). The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second rat that gets the cheese.
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Jeremy Palmer
Offline Goofy  
#50 Posted : 09 March 2014 11:54:27(UTC)
Goofy

Nice crocs!
Märklin will never ever produce C-sinus and SDS motor anymore time.
Please...leave out discuss about C-sinus and SDS motor. Glare
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Goofy