Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline shbrown2424  
#1 Posted : 01 July 2013 18:51:40(UTC)
shbrown2424

United States   
I have a new MS2 and am trying to get it to recognize my locs as marklin Motorola decoders rather than DCC. I recognized on e initially, but not the other and when I trying resting the MS@, I find that it only recognizes then as DCC. I can't find them in the database (S 3/6, BR18.4 and BR E 40) and I can't get any functions to work if I enter them manually. Under DCC, they go a one speed with no control except stop. The locs are from a 7-8 year old digital starter kit.

A related question -- These have been packed away for a few years and the set originally had a 6021 control unit. It worked fine when put away. Now, when connected to the transformer, no lights come on. There is power out of the transformer. My guess is that it's a lost cause, but does anyone have a suggestion for checking it out further?

Any suggestions for either issue?
Steve
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 01 July 2013 19:01:30(UTC)
H0

Hi, Steve!
Originally Posted by: shbrown2424 Go to Quoted Post
I can't find them in the database (S 3/6, BR18.4 and BR E 40) and I can't get any functions to work if I enter them manually.
Try number 29855 from the database (assuming you have an "E 40 072" and the corresponding BR 18.4).

Before you do that, you should reset the MS2 to factory defaults and unplug power for at least 10 seconds. Then register the locos from the database. They should run if they still have the default addresses.
There is a known bug that locos with DIP switches will not run sometimes. Factory reset plus power off is a known workaround.

Re CU 6021: make sure you pushed the cables in correctly. If you push them too far, there will be no contact. Can happen with the transformer or with the CU 6021.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline shbrown2424  
#3 Posted : 01 July 2013 23:39:07(UTC)
shbrown2424

United States   
Thanks, the 29855 seems to work from the database and found the other right next to it. I can't seem to get switches (74460) to work, though -- they were coded to keypad 1 when using the 6021, but are not responding to any thing that I've found so far. DO you know if they need different dipswitch settings?

Will pull out the 6021 and try again, double checking the connections.
Many thanks!
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 01 July 2013 23:57:18(UTC)
H0

Most common problem with turnout decoders: red and brown wires swapped (red goes to B and brown goes to 0).
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline shbrown2424  
#5 Posted : 02 July 2013 17:51:12(UTC)
shbrown2424

United States   
Interesting. I double checked all the connections and now find that I can get keyboard 1 settings 1, 2, 5, and 6 to work, but no others??? I tested all decoders on these setting, and they work fine, but only for those for switch numbers. Any suggestions on this issue?

Steve