Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Larry  
#1 Posted : 25 June 2010 06:43:53(UTC)
Larry

United States   
Just wanted to connect and hear from others into Austrian HO model steamers, electrics and diesels.

Great to hear about your favorites (any era) and if you have any orders you are looking forward to Marklin or not.

I'm looking forward to Jetrail from Roco (or anyone else). Hope Maerklin will hop on board.
Offline Loadmaster  
#2 Posted : 25 June 2010 08:50:43(UTC)
Loadmaster

United States   
Hi Larry,

Don't you mean RailJet......

I've seen pictures of the Roco line, but check out this Austrian Company www.Jaegerndorfer.at. They have several versions of the train. I have ordered a set from a Swiss Retailer, but my version is the "Spirit of Switzerland". This set with a digital AC engine is going to set me back about $1,000 for the engine, 7 cars and illuminated. It is supposed to be released in December.
I came upon a set in Z scale for about $2k but that was beyond my budget.
Yes, I'll post a picture of the set upon receipt.

Robert
HOac and Z scale running SBB/BLS Era IV-V
Offline river6109  
#3 Posted : 25 June 2010 09:42:30(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Location: On 1965 Märklin Boulevard just around from Roco Square
I'm deeply involved into Austrian trains.

My Märklin collection of Austrian Electric, Diesel & Steam locos has been limited and than I found Roco AC Austrian models.
Models include:
Rh 1100
Rh 1014
Rh 1018 /M,R
Rh 1110
Rh 1116 /M
Rh 1141 /M
Rh 1142
Rh 1043 /M
Rh 1144
Rh 2016
Rh 2045
Rh 2048 /M
Rh Class 50 /M
Rh Class 86 /M
Rh Class 674 /M
Rh Class 4010/6010
John

John

Edited by user 26 June 2010 09:44:26(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

https://www.youtube.com/river6109
https://www.youtube.com/6109river
5 years in Destruction mode
50 years in Repairing mode
Offline mike c  
#4 Posted : 26 June 2010 06:07:30(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I model Swiss, but as one of my areas of inspiration was the line along the southside of the Zuerichsee (Lake of Zuerich), I have several consists made up of Austrian or mixed Austrian/Hungarian coaches. These coaches come from various manufacturers, including Roco, RailTop, ACME, LS Models, Liliput and Heris. These include Roco and RailTop OBB EC consists in the red/black and red/gray colours, RailTop. Heris, LS Models and Liliput couchette coaches and sleepers along with Roco and ACME MAV coaches.
I do not have any OBB Loks as my locomotive park is completely composed of SBB, SOB, BLS and other loks used on Swiss rails.
As my collection is composed of models that I have seen or ridden, I may eventually pick up the "Spirit of Switzerland" Railjet consist. It has different markings (door outlines, etc) than the normal consist that will be available from Jaegerndorfer and Roco (the AT-DE-HU) model.
OBB Loks can be used to pull international consists made up of DB, FS, SBB, MAV, CD and other rolling stock, including the famous SBB Panorama coach from Roco (Transalpin). This opens a very interesting world of colours and sights to modellers building Austrian prototype. I hope that you will enjoy modelling Austria as much as I like modelling Switzerland.
For special edition models, check memoba.at, modellbahn.at (Rainer), tina-modelleisenbahn.at and heiss.co.at among others

Regards,

Mike C
Offline river6109  
#5 Posted : 26 June 2010 10:06:50(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
mike c wrote:
I model Swiss, but as one of my areas of inspiration was the line along the southside of the Zuerichsee (Lake of Zuerich), I have several consists made up of Austrian or mixed Austrian/Hungarian coaches. These coaches come from various manufacturers, including Roco, RailTop, ACME, LS Models, Liliput and Heris. These include Roco and RailTop OBB EC consists in the red/black and red/gray colours, RailTop. Heris, LS Models and Liliput couchette coaches and sleepers along with Roco and ACME MAV coaches.
I do not have any OBB Loks as my locomotive park is completely composed of SBB, SOB, BLS and other loks used on Swiss rails.
As my collection is composed of models that I have seen or ridden, I may eventually pick up the "Spirit of Switzerland" Railjet consist. It has different markings (door outlines, etc) than the normal consist that will be available from Jaegerndorfer and Roco (the AT-DE-HU) model.
OBB Loks can be used to pull international consists made up of DB, FS, SBB, MAV, CD and other rolling stock, including the famous SBB Panorama coach from Roco (Transalpin). This opens a very interesting world of colours and sights to modellers building Austrian prototype. I hope that you will enjoy modelling Austria as much as I like modelling Switzerland.
For special edition models, check memoba.at, modellbahn.at (Rainer), tina-modelleisenbahn.at and heiss.co.at among others

Regards,

Mike C

Mike,
Austria had also a different "Transalpin" train Rh 4010/6010 and this train went as far as Zürich (1958) in Switzerland. Around 1977 the international traffic stopped with the Transalpin Rh 4010 and was replaced by eurofima coaches.

Offline mike c  
#6 Posted : 26 June 2010 20:51:51(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
The 4010/6010 did come into Switzerland. It actually went as far as Basel. It's route was different than the contemporary Transalpin, as the route went via St. Margrethen, St. Gallen, Winterthur, Zuerich and to Basel. This train was not normally seen on the south side of the Zuerichsee, The current train goes from Basel to Zuerich and then along the Zuerichsee to Sargans, Buch, Feldkirch and then on into Austria. With the current schedule change, the mixed SBB/OBB EC consist will be replaced by one of the new Railjet trainsets. The 1995-2010 train can be recreated by modelling either a Re 4/4II (37356/37344) or a 1116/1216 with a 4368, 4365 (Pano), 42173, two 4369 and an OBB Set 42725. The 1st class OBB coach would not appear in this consist unless the 4368/69 and 42173 would be replaced, leaving the 4365 as the only SBB coach in the consist. Unfortunately, Maerklin never made the corresponding Wrmz in OBB colors that would also be required. a 1:100 model was available from Roco.

Regards

Mike C
Offline Rinus  
#7 Posted : 26 June 2010 22:18:49(UTC)
Rinus

Larry wrote:
Just wanted to connect and hear from others into Austrian HO model steamers, electrics and diesels.

Great to hear about your favorites (any era) and if you have any orders you are looking forward to Marklin or not.

I'm looking forward to Jetrail from Roco (or anyone else). Hope Maerklin will hop on board.

Hi Larry,

Im concentrating entirely on Austrian (ÖBB), Italian (FS) loco's and some of the companies operating in one of these coutries like RTC. Mostly Era III to IV/V.

The lay-outs of John and Pietro here on this forum gave me so much inspiration that I decided brake down my DB oriented lay-out and start a new one. In fact I'm building a lay-out concentrating on the Brennerbahn (see me and my lay-out section).

For my rolling stock, I'm keeping a sharp eye on Roco, Rivarossi, Jägerndorfer, ACME and LS model.

Difficult to single out one favourite. But when it has to be an Austrain one its got to be the Rh1010.

My rolling stock for the Brennerbahn:

ÖBB
RH 1044 double traction
RH 1042 green
RH 1042 orange
RH 1010 orange
RH 1020 green
RH 2043 green

FS
ALn 442

DB
BR602

Whishlist
RTC EU 43 / FS E645 and E656 / ÖBB Rh1010 green / ÖBB Rh1822 /ÖBB Rh1044 / ÖBB Rh1020 orange / ÖBB Rh1010 green / ÖBB Rh1043 / ÖBB Rh2043 orange

Regards,

Rinus

Offline jonquinn  
#8 Posted : 27 June 2010 08:31:49(UTC)
jonquinn

I have 2 or 3 marklin OBB locos (I just recently finally got a 1020-delta, and have had a 1043), as well as a few Roco - the mozart, haydn and 357 taurus locos, 1670 electric, class 310 steamer in all black, plus various freight and passenger cars. The marklins' need the ditigal upgraded.

I'd really like to get a Jagerndorfer/JC OBB 1163 010-0 rangierlok - looks very nice. its available in 3-rail digital, with sound too.
I'd also like to get a roco austrian army special edition, but these don't come up on ebay (in europe) too often anymore. not as much spending money to go around either lately.
Offline Loadmaster  
#9 Posted : 27 June 2010 09:09:35(UTC)
Loadmaster

United States   
Jon,
May I recommend www.modellbahn.at (Rainer) in Innsbruck. Several of the members of my So Cal chapter of ETE have had transactions with them, in fact one of them flies to Austria several times a year and visits the shop. One of the staff, Claudia speaks and writes English and she normally responds in 24 hours of your inquiry. I have not completed a transaction with them yet, but will in the future.

Robert
Offline Jeremy Palmer  
#10 Posted : 27 June 2010 12:10:58(UTC)
Jeremy Palmer

Barbados   
Hello Friends,

Not Austrian especially but I do have a "snow" weathered snowplough made for the Austrian market, Marklin 28832, photo here:

http://www.marco-denhartog.nl/s36.html

I can't find out too much about it except that it maybe was a very limited edition -234 units?- made for a well known Austrian
toy/model retailer.

*EDIT*(forgotBlushing Blushing) . I also have Marklin 28793 "snow" weathered glasskasten made for same retailer I think.

piccy here: http://www.eisenbahnmode...tenzug-winterdesign.html

Jeremy.

RJF is converting to digital but we are keeping/mothballing the original parts for posterity.jp.
Jeremy.

1). If at first you don't succeed, bungee jumping mightn't be for you.
2). The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second rat that gets the cheese.
Offline RayF  
#11 Posted : 27 June 2010 12:34:31(UTC)
RayF

Gibraltar   
I don't know much about Austrian railways, but I have some OBB trains (and others) to add variety to my mainly DRG/DB collection.

1141 Electric (3166)- with full digital conversion
UserPostedImage

1043 Electric (3458) - upgraded from Delta to full digital.
UserPostedImage

2016 Diesel (36792)

UserPostedImage

I have no Austrian steamers at this point.
Ray
Mostly Marklin.Selection of different eras and European railways
Small C track layout, control by MS2, 100+ trains but run 4-5 at a time.
Offline Soest  
#12 Posted : 28 June 2010 21:04:11(UTC)
Soest

I have a shunting Swiss crocodile made by Roco which I purchased last year. Our relationship had a rocky start since the screws which connected the side rods to the blindshaft were missing at one end. After numerous emails to the retailer and Roco and considerable delay, I received several sets of the missing screws. It is now one of my favourite runners, smooth, quiet and with excellent low speed control. I also like the fact that it drives all six axles through the blindshafts and side rods. Some of the add on bits like ladders are a bit flimsy and had to be glued. All said it was a good purchase at a very attractive price.
Why do grown men play with trains?
Their wives insist they are insane
But their dreams they won't let down the drain
'Cause there ain't no thing so hard to lose as those disappearing railway blues.
Offline river6109  
#13 Posted : 03 July 2010 16:36:24(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Soest wrote:
I have a shunting Swiss crocodile made by Roco which I purchased last year. Our relationship had a rocky start since the screws which connected the side rods to the blindshaft were missing at one end. After numerous emails to the retailer and Roco and considerable delay, I received several sets of the missing screws. It is now one of my favourite runners, smooth, quiet and with excellent low speed control. I also like the fact that it drives all six axles through the blindshafts and side rods. Some of the add on bits like ladders are a bit flimsy and had to be glued. All said it was a good purchase at a very attractive price.

Unfortunately this thread is all about Austrian Locos and not SBB

John
Offline Rinus  
#14 Posted : 04 July 2010 00:55:49(UTC)
Rinus

Maybe he meant Roco being an Austrian manufacturer?
Offline Soest  
#15 Posted : 04 July 2010 06:42:55(UTC)
Soest

Austrian HO model steamers etc. could be interpreted as models of Austrian locomotives or HO models of Austrian manufacturers.
Why do grown men play with trains?
Their wives insist they are insane
But their dreams they won't let down the drain
'Cause there ain't no thing so hard to lose as those disappearing railway blues.
Offline jasdan  
#16 Posted : 26 June 2012 11:39:44(UTC)
jasdan

Austria   
railadFor me, i believe the best austrian model trains are by RailAd, like the mammut Loco

Offline mike c  
#17 Posted : 26 June 2012 19:07:17(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
I was not familiar with RailAd. From what I can see, their first model is the "Mammut" which is a SZ (Slovenian) 541 Class (similar to OBB 1216). I do not know how this model compares to similar models from Roco or Jaegerndorfer. They made 55 AC and 500 DC models of this lok, so it would be a rare item in any case.
It appears that RailAd is a company who actually creates special liveries for the Austrian OeBB (and other railroads) and that they have decided to make HO scale models of at least this one of their creations.

I could not find any information on the website as to where the model is manufactured.

Does anybody have this lok? Any comments?

Regards

Mike C
Offline river6109  
#18 Posted : 26 June 2012 19:33:38(UTC)
river6109

Australia   
Mike,

another company which releases special locos from time to time is the Austrian Railways Promotion centre.

regards.,

John
Offline H0  
#19 Posted : 26 June 2012 21:21:51(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: jasdan Go to Quoted Post
For me, i believe the best austrian model trains are by RailAd, like the mammut Loco
The most boring SPAM on MRR fora are all these posts advertising the Mammut loco, always the first post of a new member.

On Stummi's Forum you can see close-up pictures of the Mammut loco. Looks cheap, was not assembled carefully. I won't pay Euro 290 for such a loco.
It's not an Austrian model - it's a Chinese model of a Slovenian prototype (Mike already pointed that out).
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Jeremy Palmer  
#20 Posted : 26 June 2012 22:27:34(UTC)
Jeremy Palmer

Barbados   
Hi Tom, Thanks for posting, I thought it a bit odd that someone's first post directed us to a site that seems to push their only model.

Jeremy.
Jeremy.

1). If at first you don't succeed, bungee jumping mightn't be for you.
2). The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second rat that gets the cheese.
Offline H0  
#21 Posted : 26 June 2012 23:00:29(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: Jeremy Palmer Go to Quoted Post
I thought it a bit odd that someone's first post directed us to a site that seems to push their only model.
I've seen such threads before.
It's a new mould, not a repainted model from Roco or other known companies. So RailAd is the only way to get spare parts. Will they still supply spare parts 10 years from now?

Often they use female names for their spam posts, asking questions about that loco.
Spam or not? Maybe our webmaster will no more when he checks the IP address of the poster (well, maybe they meanwhile use IP proxies).

RailAd is in Klagenfurt, the new member is in Klagenfurt. He even added RailAd as WWW address into his profile.

He wrote: "For me, i believe the best austrian model trains are by RailAd, like the mammut Loco"
Sounds a bit funny if you know that the Mammut loco is the only RailAd loco ever.
The best models because the pay his bills???
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline Loadmaster  
#22 Posted : 28 June 2012 22:03:28(UTC)
Loadmaster

United States   
I do have a Piko OBB "Blue Flash" diesel set with an extra intermediate car.
So my consiste is 4 cars long.

Rob