Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline eduard71  
#1 Posted : 04 July 2011 22:51:49(UTC)
eduard71

Chile   
Hi,
Now thet the CS2 has de function mapping you can edit the sounds that a MFX sound loco has. I have also found that many of the actual locos have additional sounds not activated. For example my 37961 Mallet have four additional sounds like compressed air, oil pupms, steam and some other sounds. In the case of my VT 8.5 there is an additionl air compressor that can be activated. I need to review all my MFX sound locos to see what other souds I can reach. Have any of you found this?

Best regards!
Eduardo
Offline applor  
#2 Posted : 04 July 2011 23:28:06(UTC)
applor

Australia   
While you may not be able to manually activate these sounds by default, I think you will find that the sounds will play automatically at random when the operational sound effects is turned on.
modelling era IIIa (1951-1955) Germany
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by applor
Offline H0  
#3 Posted : 05 July 2011 00:09:18(UTC)
H0

With some locos you will find that function keys activate two function outputs at the same time. You can assign individual keys for those functions.
Examples: the latest Schienenzeppelin switches motor and motor sound with one key - I separated those so I can hear the starter sound while the propeller isn't running yet.
With the SVT 04.5 interior lights and cab lights are switched together, but I assigned different keys.

All mfx decoders support "ABV off" and "shunting mode". Märklin doesn't assign a function key for "shunting mode", but you can do this if you like.

Back to topic: some "hidden" sounds are part e.g. of the starter sequence, some sounds (e.g. bell) are not prototypically correct for some models (e.g. BR 44).

A list of hidden sounds on Stummi's Forum:
http://www.stummiforum.d...pic.php?p=597305#p597305

The text is German, but you can read the ref. numbers of the locos and the numbers of the sound slots - so try the sounds and hear for yourself ...
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline eduard71  
#4 Posted : 05 July 2011 01:28:18(UTC)
eduard71

Chile   
Hi,
Thank you all for this information.One question, it is possible to turn off the random sounds?

Best regards
Eduardo
Offline jeehring  
#5 Posted : 05 July 2011 02:59:09(UTC)
jeehring

...I think Marklin wants to make their website fully functionnal with plenty of sound files before offering us some information about sounds through articles on Marklin magazin...
Offline H0  
#6 Posted : 05 July 2011 10:32:11(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: eduard71 Go to Quoted Post
One question, it is possible to turn off the random sounds?

I don't know, but you can set the interval (minimum and maximum time) when they appear (with a maximum of 255 seconds IIRC).
I normally increase the min. and max. values to reduce the random sounds, but I never tried to turn them off.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage