Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<12345>
Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline David Dewar  
#101 Posted : 25 March 2008 15:56:50(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Looks like Ms problems continue. They need to realise that they cannot keep producing dozens of new items each year. A few well made and reliable locos would suit them better along with a couple of start sets. There is no excuse for not producing a catalogue in time and unless management are put in place who admit that things are bad and then put them right the firm may well go out of business.

David
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline Minibahn  
#102 Posted : 25 March 2008 17:22:46(UTC)
Minibahn

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Vardex
<br />I sure hope Mr Kern isn't our friend Lutz.

Bart

Hello,

well, Lutz is not my friend and he is also not Mr. Kern. But I wonder that somebody from Netherland is writing M-ä-rklin and not M-a-rklin and the translation of Mr. Kern's name in english is not Google's "nuclear" but core.

Well, I really don't know who MärCo is but I do not believe that he is Mr. Kern.
Regards Charles
Offline dntower85  
#103 Posted : 25 March 2008 17:25:58(UTC)
dntower85

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by TTRExpress
<br />Hi Guus,

For Maerklin to fire a chief development engineer after 23 years of service certainly makes one wonder what is happening in Goppingen. Is there more to the story or was he the corporate scapegoat?

If it was this forum or another the engineer was certainly a scapegoat. but also at 23 years of service I'm sure he was on the corporate chopping block for a cheaper replacement. Rarely do corporations consider the cost of loss of experience over the quick profit. Granted I all so see many older employees that are stagnate and set in there ways that should be cut, but they don't try to change things so they are not as visible to the upper management. [:(]
DT
Now powered by ECoS II unit#2, RocRail
era - some time in the future when the space time continuum is disrupted and ICE 3 Trains run on the same rails as the Adler and BR18's.
Offline TTRExpress  
#104 Posted : 25 March 2008 18:21:17(UTC)
TTRExpress

United States   
Hi Sander, DT, David et al.,

If Maerklin is planning to have more locomotives produced than in previous years and use non-German manufacturing locations then a small investment in an X-Ray Fluorescence Spectrometer at each location would alleviate their quality control issues with metals for diecasting. German quality and efficiency was at one time second to none.

These days it seems most corporations (here in the USA) want to eliminate older experienced employees and outsource the work overseas. Seems like Maerklin may be following USA's Corporate example. Upper management is never to blame!!

Regards (a Scot in Wisconsin),

Maurice [ETE, TTRCA, IG-TRIX Express, Maerklin-Insider & TRIX Profi-Club]
Offline Davy  
#105 Posted : 25 March 2008 18:28:40(UTC)
Davy

If Marklin wants to survive they have to leave Germany. Germans are not flexible at all and their unions have way to much to say and they are champions of stupid union rules.

I have say this also on Germans forums. Why do you think all other trainfirms including Fleischmann are leaving Germany.
Reason nr one is not the higher wages but the inflexibilty of the Germans.

M-track with a CS2.
Offline Minibahn  
#106 Posted : 25 March 2008 18:56:14(UTC)
Minibahn

Quote:
<br />Is there more to the story or was he the corporate scapegoat?

Hello,

Mr. Kern is Mr. Sinus, he wrote the patent application. I don't think that the Koef made him to a scapegoat. In an interview he pretended that it won't be easy to produce all the new stuff.
Regards Charles
Offline Guus  
#107 Posted : 25 March 2008 19:10:56(UTC)
Guus

Netherlands   
Other than Köfs,are there any other models ,recently manufactured, affected?
Not that I know off.

Kind regards
Guus
Kind regards,
Guus
Offline TTRExpress  
#108 Posted : 25 March 2008 20:04:27(UTC)
TTRExpress

United States   
Thanks for that additional information Charles. Guus makes a valid inquiry. Are any other new models affected?

Offline Minibahn  
#109 Posted : 25 March 2008 21:18:52(UTC)
Minibahn

Quote:
<br />Thanks for that additional information Charles. Guus makes a valid inquiry. Are any other new models affected?

Hello,

Lutz wrote in this thread that "To be specific - only determined so far at the first produced ones from a batch in 2001. "

I have no other information, up to now only some Koefs.
Regards Charles
Offline Roman  
#110 Posted : 25 March 2008 21:34:29(UTC)
Roman

United States   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Davy
<br />If Marklin wants to survive they have to leave Germany. Germans are not flexible at all and their unions have way to much to say and they are champions of stupid union rules.

I have say this also on Germans forums. Why do you think all other trainfirms including Fleischmann are leaving Germany.
Reason nr one is not the higher wages but the inflexibilty of the Germans.

Why is it that the work force in India, Mexico, and China are sought as the saving grace for corporations? Are there no competitively priced and largely educated populations to tap from in the former eastern bloc countries where quality control can be better managed? Maybe the corporate greed can't be as greatly and quickly satisfied then. All we read is how labor is such a cost and yet the prices don't reflect the decrease in labor costs associated with manufacturing in third world markets. It's a cop out. When all that is available comes from these cheap markets then that becomes the norm and we should just accept it? Why not just sell Maerklin at Wal Mart along with the Bachman items and be done with the middle man? They've taken a premium item and cheapened it considerably. Like it or not.
Offline David Dewar  
#111 Posted : 25 March 2008 22:13:06(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
All of the above is true. Being run by an investment company profit comes first to enable a resale.
Davy is correct in what he says. I did not wish to be so blunt but the German management will blame anybody but themselves and will never admit to mistakes.
Having said that I think that Brawa is a well run firm and they do appear to care for their customers. An email sent to them was answered within 12 hours and their product is good quality if overpriced.
We should remember that we are enthusiasts but most M buyers just want a model railway as a present for their kids or as a hobby when there is little else to do.
In 20 years time I do not expect any of the present model rail firms to be trading as they are now but that does not mean that us on the forun who enjoy the hobby should not make the most of what is available now. Be selective in what we buy and do not purchase expensive models which are joined by PCBs etc. If M can make the excellent Br 05 then it can do the same with other new releases.

David
Take care I like Marklin and will defend the worlds greatest model rail manufacturer.
Offline Hoffmann  
#112 Posted : 26 March 2008 00:26:53(UTC)
Hoffmann

Canada   

Hi all,

As a German I could not resist to answer to the Statement that Germans (workers) are to set in their ways. First off, German Management (or International) has learned all the bad trades of their American Counter Parts without adopting any of the good trades as well.
When I was working in Germany ( oh so long ago ) a good German worker was well rewarded for a Job well done this is no longer the case today. Manager and CEO'S of the German Companies have now the same attitude as the Folks who run Enron into the ground.
Daimler Benz is a prime example of this scenario, The CEO is being paid what I consider a obscene ammount of money while at the same time the quality of the Cars are suffering due to shortcuts in MFG and the layoffs ( buyouts) of good Workers.
Should Marklin follow the same path it will no longer be a World Leader in Model Trains ( just another Bachman,Piko etc). I stated long ago in this Forum that almost 60% of all new Marklin Items are made in China ( be it Parts,Accessories or finished Product ) and I have the feeling that Kingsbridge will bleed Marklin try and then sell it off to the highest bidder.

Just my 2 Cents worth. Martin
marklin-eh
Offline Roman  
#113 Posted : 26 March 2008 02:19:44(UTC)
Roman

United States   
Be selective in what we buy and do not purchase expensive models which are joined by PCBs etc. If M can make the excellent Br 05 then it can do the same with other new releases.

David

Unfortunately, I'll pass on any Marklin named item made in China. Maybe they can see that it is more than a "toy" to many of us who consider it an investment. I think handing over New Berlin's stock to Walther to sell definitely undermines the dealer network and service outlets will deminish as a result.
Offline kbvrod  
#114 Posted : 26 March 2008 06:45:03(UTC)
kbvrod

United States   
Hi all,
As some of you might know,certain problems have spread through out the internet.This topic,has caught 'fire' on the Marklin Bar&Grill,a rumour perhaps,...
Then there is the question of Roco spare parts,at least in the US,...
This thread has sparked hersy about what happened at Marklin and the 'zinkpest' ,a 23 year worker got told to shove off,Marklin,of course will not explain,and the whole thing is a bloody mess,for all,....
Tomorrow I'll tell you the whole 'truth ' on this,until then,...

Dr Dirt
Offline renevoorburg  
#115 Posted : 26 March 2008 13:24:54(UTC)
renevoorburg

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:
well, Lutz is not my friend and he is also not Mr. Kern. But I wonder that somebody from Netherland is writing M-ä-rklin and not M-a-rklin and the translation of Mr. Kern's name in english is not Google's "nuclear" but core.

Marco is an ordinairy Dutch name. Not strange or suspicious for a Märklin-fan named Marco to use the nick "MärCo" (and use the umlaut when spelling Märklin).

René
Offline Guus  
#116 Posted : 26 March 2008 13:52:26(UTC)
Guus

Netherlands   
It's amazing how much speculation there is on the web as to who this engineer may be.
On two German forums I have visited one points to this forum as the source of the "story"

All pure speculation ofcourse and not so nice towards the forum members whose names are mentioned,I think.

Guus
Kind regards,
Guus
Offline TTRExpress  
#117 Posted : 26 March 2008 16:18:09(UTC)
TTRExpress

United States   
Guus,

Since most of us do not know this engineer personally, his true identity is not of concern at present. What is of concern is whether the "Zinkpest" is actually real and is occurring again. If so then Maerklin needs to address it.

If someone out there knows what actually happened it would resolve any speculations and put to rest any "rumour mills."

Offline renevoorburg  
#118 Posted : 26 March 2008 16:48:31(UTC)
renevoorburg

At least there is a positive side to all this: apparently Märklin *is* listening to us, here on the internet biggrin

René
Offline Guus  
#119 Posted : 26 March 2008 16:51:32(UTC)
Guus

Netherlands   
Maurice,

Neither I don't care who it is,but I can imagine that two of our forum members who have posted in this topic are specifically mentioned (mentioned by name,I mean) in relation to the story.
I for one would not like that at all if something similar happened to me.

As to the "Zinkpest" problem I think (hope?) it is all blown a bit out of proportion.As it seems to me only some specific Kof models are affected,which is very sad ofcourse,but I doubt whether any other model suffers from it.We would have heard through this and other forums of other affected models by now.

Like I said in an earlier posting,there's probably much more to it than a "Zinkpest" issue.

Kind regards
Guus

Kind regards,
Guus
Offline TTRExpress  
#120 Posted : 26 March 2008 17:27:05(UTC)
TTRExpress

United States   
Guus,

I am in full agreement with you on this completely.

Offline hxmiesa  
#121 Posted : 26 March 2008 19:30:08(UTC)
hxmiesa

Spain   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Davy
I think the chance you get a car incident is lot bigger then you ever will get a koff with zinkpest.
So I really think this treat is bullsh-t.

So, you suggest that we should just shut up?
I hope for you, that you wont have a car accident. You might think differently about the odds then.
You are entitled to think that this thread is BS. -And everybody else is entitled to continue the discussion.
No wonder you were thrown out of Stummi's...
Best regards
Henrik Hoexbroe ("The Dane In Spain")
http://hoexbroe.tripod.com
Offline Davy  
#122 Posted : 26 March 2008 20:56:22(UTC)
Davy

I don't give a f u c k about that. I said: the Germans there that they make Marklin kaputt and that Marklin better can leave Germany will it survive. I said that two years ago and see I am right again.
All big German trainfirms are leaving Germany.
And the reason is not only the high wages.

But what the hell at least 2000 more people unemployed is for Germany peanuts. Germany the country with millions of people which must life the rest of their life from unemployed benefits.

Fleischmann is also leaving Germany and Piko will follow.

M-track with a CS2.
Offline renevoorburg  
#123 Posted : 26 March 2008 21:49:16(UTC)
renevoorburg

Boys,

Please be friendly, we're talking about toys...

R
Offline David Dewar  
#124 Posted : 26 March 2008 22:52:38(UTC)
David Dewar

Scotland   
Lutz Much to your surprise I agree with your post. I do think M have problems but the zinc and Mr Kern are probably not going to make much difference to any of us. From the dozens of Marklin items I have bought only one had a fault which was put right immediately. Although I am a Banker I am not an Investement Banker and if an Investment firm takes over then profit is king and us enthusiasts will come second.

Davy ; I am disappointed with the language in your post which degardes the points you make.

David
Offline mike c  
#125 Posted : 26 March 2008 23:05:19(UTC)
mike c

Canada   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by David Dewar
<br />Lutz Much to your surprise I agree with your post. I do think M have problems but the zinc and Mr Kern are probably not going to make much difference to any of us. From the dozens of Marklin items I have bought only one had a fault which was put right immediately. Although I am a Banker I am not an Investement Banker and if an Investment firm takes over then profit is king and us enthusiasts will come second.

Davy ; I am disappointed with the language in your post which degardes the points you make.

David

Regarding the issue of the original post in this thread... Have their been any instances of Zinkpest on the original Brawa (DC) version of these models?

Is the problem limited to the production done for Maerklin or does it also affect the Brawa models? If yes, are any other Brawa models affected?

Are there any other Brawa-Maerklin or other outsourced models that may be a source for concern?

Please keep the posts amicable and don't insult nationalities or ppl.

Regards

Mike C

BTW Happy B'day to the Webmaster
Offline Sander van Wijk  
#126 Posted : 27 March 2008 00:34:34(UTC)
Sander van Wijk

Netherlands   
Fully agree with Lutz in this matter...

@ Davy: First of all; no offence intended. I know that we dutch are usually regarded is somewhat direct, but this slanging-match does definitely not contribute to a nice image of us Dutch people... So would you be so kind as to stop that kind of posts? However, I do partly agree with the point you make, I made a similar point somewhat earlier in this very same tread.

@ Mike C: I think you might be confusing some different models here, the models produced by Brawa are much older and had the article code 3680. These models are not affected. The only Köff reported to be affected with the "Zinkpest" is Märklin 36805 (SKW Trotsberg) which is Märklins first in-house Köff production, of a much later date, different moulds, different model. So, no worries about Brawa relating to this discussion. wink
Sander
---
Era I(b): K.Bay.Sts.B. and K.W.St.E.
Offline derdirk  
#127 Posted : 27 March 2008 22:32:36(UTC)
derdirk

@Davy: I do not get it: since I have been reading your posts in this forum or in the Stummi forum you repeat this "Germans are not flexible at all and their unions have way to much to say and they are champions of stupid union rules. " thing over and over. If this were the case Germany would not prosper again as it does in recent years. Of course no one (even the Netherlands) in the EU can compete with China concerning labor cost. And yes Germany still has problems. But German unions have been very reasonable and helped to overcome the last recession. Somehow I tend to think that you have a personal problems with Germans - and it is good that I know many Dutch people who think different.

As I am not buying any Märklin products any longer because I am building in N scale with American prototype using many locos "made in China" I cannot add anything to the original topic "Zinkpest is back!". I can say that I am very satisfied with my Kato and Athearn locos.

Regards,

Dirk

Offline Sander van Wijk  
#128 Posted : 28 March 2008 00:27:14(UTC)
Sander van Wijk

Netherlands   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Sander van Wijk

@ All: I do recall seeing pictures of a Märklin Württemberger C (3511 or 3311/3611) with some weird bubbles in the paint, could it be that here also "Zinkfrass" present is? I'll try to find the picture and post it here...

And here it is... Halfway down the page, you can see a picture of the Württ. C. I referred to earlier. It can be clearly observed that there's something wrong.

http://www.worldrailfans...storder=asc&start=20

What do you think, is this Zinkpest?
Sander
---
Offline TTRExpress  
#129 Posted : 28 March 2008 00:58:11(UTC)
TTRExpress

United States   
Sander,

It is difficult to tell from the photo whether the "bubble" is due to "Zinkpest", a poor paint application, or a badly molded part. One would need to perform an analysis of the metal casting itself to determine whether higher levels of tin and lead were present. Did other Wuertt C. from that production run have "bubbling" also?

I agree that something is definately wrong with that locomotive's finish and it should have been returned to the manufacturer for evaluation and if necessary replacement.

Offline WelshMatt  
#130 Posted : 28 March 2008 01:24:06(UTC)
WelshMatt

To be fair, Marklin have had problems long before moving some production to China. I have a couple of early plastic-bodied wagons which both suffer from distortion, in one case this has led to a crack opening up on a bodyside as the chassis no longer fits inside the shell (I think it's a 4605, bought it unboxed. It's an SBB four wheel van with a brake cabin). The other wagon (SNCB side-dump wagon) has distorted sides and the base wasn't properly assembled, leading to one end being noticably higher than the other. I suspect it had left the factory like that however many years ago!
Matt from Wales.

When you pay Range Rover prices, don't accept Lada quality
Offline TTRExpress  
#131 Posted : 28 March 2008 02:55:45(UTC)
TTRExpress

United States   
Matt,

All of us who work for major corporations know that "zero defects" is a lofty goal set by upper management. Usually there are a few defective products amongst the thousands produced on a daily basis. Most consumers do not even bother to call in complaints or send back defective products unless it is so bad or a potential hazard.

I know that all consumer complaints are dealt with promptly by the company I work for and product is replaced with coupons for additional free products included. I am sure that Maerklin/TRIX has a similar policy.

Offline Larry  
#132 Posted : 28 March 2008 05:41:26(UTC)
Larry

United States   
It's not Zincpest at all. It is merely a new and special feature whereby the loco shape morphs by itself automatically over time into a different body. Similar to "Transformers", it is the latest in model railroading trends for younger people.

Offline Osterthun  
#133 Posted : 28 March 2008 10:55:26(UTC)
Osterthun

Netherlands   
The picture Sander refers to belongs to me...
I bought this 3511 brand new in 1988. I even saw the model exposed in the Göppingen Märklin Seminar in 1988 before it rolled out into the world.
The model came to me without any visibla damage. I noticed the bulb for the first time about 2001.
In the mean time the decoder has broken as well. It will probably be digitalized in due time.

UserPostedImage
Offline nevw  
#134 Posted : 28 March 2008 11:26:07(UTC)
nevw

Australia   
Osterhun

Could you please reduce the size of your pictures to the recommended size in topic:

https://www.marklin-user...ault.aspx?g=posts&t=1067
about 600X 400
Ta.

Makes easier viewing.

Nev
NOt wearing the Pink Pinny, which is hard to see and now I have a white Pinny which also is hard to see against MY pure white Skin Still have 2 new shiny tin Hips that is badly in Need of Repair matching rusting tin shoulders
and a hose pipe on the aorta
Junior member of the Banana Club, a reformist and an old Goat with a Bad memory, loafing around
Offline Unholz  
#135 Posted : 28 March 2008 12:43:45(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Osterthun, this single "bubble" is probably not Zinkpest but a simple imperfection in the zinc alloy shell which was not noticed during the entire production process and subsequently painted over. Such incidents can happen but are mostly noticed in the quality inspection, and the shell is then either withdrawn or sold as a "second" for a reduced price.
Offline 60904  
#136 Posted : 28 March 2008 18:15:16(UTC)

Germany   
Mine has the same bubble at nearly the same place. Funny isn't it? It has not been there when I bought it two decades ago. Märklin will have a look at it.The engine is on the way to GP. I also had to replace the decoder 3 weeks ago. Light changed but direction of driving stayed. now I have put in an ESU mfx which was in my spare part box.
Greetings
Martin
Offline bmcrae  
#137 Posted : 01 April 2008 07:56:51(UTC)
bmcrae

Canada   
Off topic:

Frits, your website is spectacular! [:0]

Your tribute to your father and the demolition of his layout is striking my emotions on many levels.......
Offline Dutchman  
#138 Posted : 01 April 2008 16:59:02(UTC)
Dutchman

Dear buble owners!

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by 60904
<br />Mine has the same bubble at nearly the same place. Funny isn't it? It has not been there when I bought it two decades ago. Märklin will have a look at it.The engine is on the way to GP. I also had to replace the decoder 3 weeks ago. Light changed but direction of driving stayed. now I have put in an ESU mfx which was in my spare part box.

I have an older model of the SBB 'Red Arrow'[M3125]with the same sort of buble!
I don't know of it was there already from the time that I have bought the model as a new one (year: 1986).
But the buble is there at the moment already any years not only on the outside, but at the same place inside too!

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

What it is?
I don't know it!

With greetings from Dutchman

Offline Lars Westerlind  
#139 Posted : 01 April 2008 17:16:29(UTC)
Lars Westerlind

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Hemmerich
Those speculations are posted by people who don't know better; probably don't want to do better. You and those who had a chance to meet me know who I am, and maybe even some of you know Mr. Kern too. Also to be clear on another part of this "funny" Handelsblatt news - the real reason(s) of the split between Märklin and Mr. Kern are not those listed there - it became quite obvious in yesterday's session at the court in downtown Stuttgart.

Agreed that the report from Handelsblatt is "funny" (or not).

Would you mind share what was reported from the court then?

/Lars
Offline Sander van Wijk  
#140 Posted : 01 April 2008 17:27:36(UTC)
Sander van Wijk

Netherlands   
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Dutchman
<br />I have an older model of the SBB 'Red Arrow'[M3125]with the same sort of buble!
I don't know of it was there already from the time that I have bought the model as a new one.
But the buble is there at the moment already any years not only on the outside, but at the same place inside too!

UserPostedImage

Given that you state that there's a similar bubble on the inside at nearly the same spot; it has to have to do with the shell itself, and a paint flaw is likely to be excluded. Hence, it is hard to exclude "Zinkpest", although I can not confirm it is.

Sander
---
Offline rschaffr  
#141 Posted : 01 April 2008 17:40:25(UTC)
rschaffr

United States   
Hmmm. This is not good. I will have to examine my Roter Pfeil more closely. It is on display in my cabinet.
-Ron
Digital, Epoch IV-V(K-track/CS3/6021Connect/60216051), Epoch III(C-track/6021/6036/6051)
http://www.sem-co.com/~rschaffr/trains/trains.html
Offline Dutchman  
#142 Posted : 01 April 2008 18:11:47(UTC)
Dutchman

Dear Sander,

Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:
Given that you state that there's a similar bubble on the inside at nearly the same spot; it has to have to do with the shell itself, and a paint flaw is likely to be excluded. Hence, it is hard to exclude "Zinkpest", although I can not confirm it is.

Meanwhile I have in my message put a foto of the inner site of my 'red Arrow' too!
Zo you can see that there is a buble on the same place!

Offline grnwtrs  
#143 Posted : 01 April 2008 22:24:50(UTC)
grnwtrs

United States   
Sure wished this topic on the Ma3125 had come up sooner. I just won an auction for that little beauty.! Or not??? Smile

Offline Unholz  
#144 Posted : 01 April 2008 22:39:19(UTC)
Unholz

Switzerland   
Our resident specialist on the HAG forum assures me that this is not "Zinkpest". Take a look at his airplane model picture here with a couple of bubbles more: wink

http://hag-info.ch/hag/f...wtopic.php?p=22854#22854
Offline grnwtrs  
#145 Posted : 03 April 2008 01:45:45(UTC)
grnwtrs

United States   
MY "Red Arrow" arrived this morning. Took me almost 2 hours to take my eyes off it. IT'S WONDERFUL!! Smile Smile

Nary a blemish. No where, no how. Even the shoe is pristine. The previous owner treated it with great repect, as shall I.

I have only seen a picture of it in the export brochure, and never one on the track in 1:1 or 1/87.

Issues raised and pictured here on this site have a cause, but my model doesn't show any of those characteristics. The expert's have a hard task ahead of them. Good luck to all. biggrin

PS This for one reason of the other is my 3rd attempt to post.

Offline bmcrae  
#146 Posted : 03 April 2008 05:29:20(UTC)
bmcrae

Canada   
Dutchman:

You sent me an email in error. Looks like you were trying to reach 60904 instead.
Offline rschaffr  
#147 Posted : 03 April 2008 16:05:00(UTC)
rschaffr

United States   
Took my Roter Pfeil out of the display cabinet last night and looked it over...no bubbles or other blemishes on the paint.
-Ron
Digital, Epoch IV-V(K-track/CS3/6021Connect/60216051), Epoch III(C-track/6021/6036/6051)
http://www.sem-co.com/~rschaffr/trains/trains.html
Offline Lars Westerlind  
#148 Posted : 03 April 2008 16:09:36(UTC)
Lars Westerlind

Quote:
<br />
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Lars Westerlind
Agreed that the report from Handelsblatt is "funny" (or not).

I've got my own - quite different - picture from conversations with various - also affected - people who are way more "familiar" with the situation than this press pamphlet tries to show. I'm sure you'll understand that the contents of these conversations are not (yet) suitable for the public. wink
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Would you mind share what was reported from the court then?

Well, it wasn't very long and the judge simply gave Mr. Dietz quite some "head nuts" and specific homework in this case; the attorneys will probably be busy now. Luckily Germany is not a place of "hire and fire" mentality and work laws have to be respected by everyone. biggrin

Overall, carrying this unpleasant split intentionally out to the press was not good for Märklin's as well as for Mr. Dietz' public reputation. That's what the responses of customers and dealers here around clearly indicate.

Oh, btw: on pg. 7 of the Märklin Magazine one will find some interesting job offers. Cool

I certainly don't ask for your personal view as it's, well, personal to many. But so far I've not even understood what Märklin's official reason is. Or do they not have to have an official reason, well grounded or not?

/Lars
Offline Dutchman  
#149 Posted : 03 April 2008 21:48:01(UTC)
Dutchman

Dear Lutz,

Quote:
<br />
Quote:
[size=1" face="Verdana" id="quote]quote:Originally posted by Dutchman
<br />Dear Lutz,

I have baught my Köf-Trostberg on 18 December 2001 from my official Märklindealer in Woerden (the Netherlands)!
It was one of the first locs that were delevered at his shop that same week.
How could it than be a copied one??

Please, tell me why these loc is a falsified one!

Greetings from Dutchman (the Netherlands)

Hi Reijer,

Märklin should be able to find out/tell.

Have you (or your dealer) sent this model already to Märklin and what was the response? And if so, who responded to you? wink

My dealer have made a reclamation and have sendet the Lok to
G. Keuterman Modeltreinen
Geautoriseerd service centrum voor HAG, Märklin en TRIX
Oonksweg 2
7622AW BORNE
The Netherlands
http://www.keuterman.nl/content/view/26/

To send the Lok further to Märklin in Göppingen, Germany.

Is seemed to be impossible to send directly to Göppingen from the Netherlands, while Keuterman is appointed from Märklin for technical service, for garantee and so on.

At the moment there is no response at all.
[V]
Offline BerndAB  
#150 Posted : 04 April 2008 04:07:30(UTC)
BerndAB

Zinc pest yet WAS a problem with the post war Maerklin materials.. To be read in the early KOLL catalogues.

So theme is right: "zinc pest is back.."

&lt;ouch...&gt;

Zinc pest is an intercristalline corrosion/cristalline expansion related to drifting/wrong mixtures of the zinc forming metals / materials, tin etc.

Problem seems also to be related to temperature, humidity and age. The damage (cracks, further failure and broken parts) is IR-RE-VER-SI-BLE.

This means: is_ defect= will_ be_ defect_ until_ forever_ or_ melted_ down.. There is no cure for this beneath of replacement.

I (a german and technician) am fascinated (sadly, horribily..) that an experienced company like Maerklin again ran into this type of trouble which seemed to have been solely a problem of the late 1940ies.

A statement to the ever-Maerklin-believing NL guys:

Maerklin IS part of the so called "globalization" - AND is part of the problems caused by this. It is always human behaviour. The Maerklin guys seem to be guilty in this respect - not to have watched THIS type of risk, NOT to have checked the incoming goods for material specifications - and having assembled bad material.. It´s a desaster in reputation IMO. This said by a german Maerklin addict having bought around 120 new Maerklin locos, partly for playing, partly for investment purposes.. I am proud and lucky to have bought mainly "NOS" - new old stock. There are maybe some 15 oder 20 locos newer than.. But I would NOT buy (definitely NOT buy) new Maerklin locos until the company would send CLEAR and STRAIGHT messages WHAT they will DO (not say..) in the future to prevent quality problems like this..

To point it out: if I buy a new loco at a dealer´s store the loco will be unpacked, inspected and shortly put on tracks for a test run. But THIS type of inbuolt further damage you CANNOT inspect.. by means of a private customer. So it is a built-in risk for the future. You buy the full price - but you may have got a severe problem..

So be careful, and apply to Maerklin to get back ALL your wrongly produced China scrap stuff. Chinese quality mentality is ILL related to western quality standards. You normally DON´T always get what you have paid for. I do have metal manufacturing experiences (casting, welding, assembling) with the chinese since the early 1990ies..

German casting problems (high quality iron castings) is 100 orders - 6 or 8 bad german deliveries - 30 or 45 bad chinese deliveries. They DO produce scrap - and expect YOU the western customer to educate them technically.. AND get angry for being educated as the Emperor of China is the Real Emperer of the World.. And everyboy HAS to respect the chinese superiority..

A mentality which is ugly ugly ugly.. I am no enemy of the chinese. I worked with them and if you know how they "run" you can work with them. But - for "globalization" - it is NOT harvesting immediately. It is ploughing - feeding the seed - waiting - spending water - waiting - and THEN at any time later on - it is harvest. I don´t know if they know this in Goeppingen..

Be careful..
This day is the first day of the rest of your life.