Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline perz  
#1 Posted : 05 November 2003 00:46:45(UTC)
perz

Sweden   
Is there Hamo magnet for DCM motors ? What is the article number ? I want to convert a 3104 and I have a used LokPilot decoder that I don't need anymore.
Offline GDamen  
#2 Posted : 05 November 2003 13:04:32(UTC)
GDamen

Perz,

HAMO DCM = 23 57 00 (ESU = 51 962)

In de following document you can find the requested information. It's in Dutch, but the HAMO (and cheaper ESU) codes are easy to extract. Apparently I created that PDF using the wrong security settings (disallow copying of text).

http://home.hccnet.nl/g....delbouw/mcodes_ac_dc.pdf

Märklin DB - DC USA UP/BN - IB Digital
Offline Peter Neumann  
#3 Posted : 01 December 2003 05:41:17(UTC)
Peter Neumann

United States   
Hello Gina, all:

I looked at the Dutch site Gino mentioned in the above post but I am still not sure about the correct numbers...

I will be using LokSound2 decoders to retrofit a 3153 E120 (already has a 5a* star motor); a 3084 BR50 analog; a 3037 (has a 5* retrofit); a 3072 V100 analog; and a 3353 E120 analog.

So I need numbers for the armature (anker) - and whether you recommend 7 or eight teeth, HAMO magnet, and motor cover / brush-holder for each of these engines, to run them with LokSound 2 decoders. Please let me know if I can reuse any of the 5-star components.

Thanks to you all for your help.

Peter Neumann
Florida
Offline perz  
#4 Posted : 27 December 2003 02:27:42(UTC)
perz

Sweden   
I have now made the conversion. The article number of the magnet was actually 235690. I bought it from ETS, only 5.25 Euro.

The result is not at all as good as with a Märklin decoder and the 5-pole parts. With the programming values suggested in the LokPilot instructions, the regulation was really bad. It improved a lot with other settings, but it is still a bit jerky at low speed. Another observation was that it disturbed my train recognition system. I guess this means that it generates a lot of electric noise. I think I will try and add a pair of Märklin noise suppression chokes and see if it helps.
Offline Webmaster  
#5 Posted : 27 December 2003 02:55:51(UTC)
Webmaster

I myself made a conversion of the SFCM motor with a Hamo magnet and a Lenz LE930... This was also a disappointment since the motor was very jerky indeed, in fact it seemed like the motor drew too much current so protection kicked in a low speeds... Hamo conversions with the LFCM motor have been ok, though...
Juhan - "Webmaster", at your service...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Offline jorge_vilarrubi  
#6 Posted : 27 December 2003 03:08:54(UTC)
jorge_vilarrubi

Hello friends,
according to my experience, no motor is comparable to that of the 6090. I had some acceptable conversions with Hamo motors using 60902 and Lenz decoders, but none with LokPilot or LokSounds. I couldn't find an acceptable combination of CVs. Not to speak about AC motors.
If somebody has been successful, please let me know what values should be stored in what CVs.
Thank you for your help. Regards,
Jorge Vilarrubí
Buenos Aires
ARGENTINA
Offline perz  
#7 Posted : 27 December 2003 16:47:24(UTC)
perz

Sweden   
Well, I am not going to put too much work and money into this loco. It is a "scrap" loco that I let kids play with when they come to visit. I made the conversion mainly because the electrical direction relay in it didn't work so well any more. The result is better than delta anyway. The parameters I have set now are:
2:4
3:11
4:3
5:30
6:17
51:55
52:25
53:50

I have ordered a pair of suppression chokes. When I install them I will also test with a small resistor in series with the motor. If the Webmaster's theory about over-current protection is correct, the resistor would cure it. I have made one LokPilot conversion before (Märklin 37645) and there a series resistor improved the result a lot.