Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline Bill  
#1 Posted : 05 October 2003 04:55:57(UTC)
Bill

Saw this gem at the local hobby shop (the best one in this part of NY state) and what a beauty. Tempting...tempting!!!

Seems like in general Trix and MiniTrix are really starting to make a names for themselves in the US now...and most know Marklin is behind it. In fact, I just read some great reviews on the Trix HO US-style boxcars, which is good since companies are under a lot of pressure to get everything "right" (rivet by rivet biggrin) for the proto-modeller.

I never think Marklin three-rail will "take off" with the general modelling public here, but Trix and MiniTrix can really make a bigger name for themselves and will gain even more acceptance I think over time. I bet the NYC Mikado will be as a big a hit as the Big Boy.
Offline Noel Loganathan  
#2 Posted : 05 October 2003 08:35:08(UTC)
Noel Loganathan

Hi Bill

Have this one and concede that it is a beaut. It has interior lighting and the couplings are not difficult to fix. Tried this on the r2 radius and works okay.

Only snag is that because it is 2 rail the tacks have to be kept clean (Flieshmann track cleaner comes in handy). With a Selectrix or DCC chip she will be a treat to watch. The TEE minitrix version is not too bad either.

The TEE TRIX HO, as I read it, does not come with a DCC chip? Can anyone confirm this?

The Mikado will also be coming in the 2 rail version with 'bells and whistle'. Can't wait!

Cheers from a cloudy Brisbane spring.

Noel
Noel
Offline Frostie  
#3 Posted : 05 October 2003 18:05:03(UTC)
Frostie

United States   

I really like the Trix HO "Theme" car sets or the current year. The "Harbor" theme sets lookfantastic. It is worth converting to AC wheel sets, because the cars look so great !

biggrinbiggrinbiggrin
Train Collection Insured by "Croc's" with "Big Boys" as Backup"
CS/MS Digital Era 1/2
Apple Man iPhone / Macbook Pro / iPad - the end of the windows PC occurred on April 4, 2010.
Love those Era 1 Tank Locomotives - the more the merrier.