Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline jocoyn  
#1 Posted : 14 March 2007 15:38:51(UTC)
jocoyn

Ok thought I would play with the track for a few minutes last night since my defuncto MS came back with a warranty replacement and the tracks were dusty from being gone about a month.

Anyway I have one peice of K-flex track and two K-C adapter tracks. The K track will run straight no curves. (It is for a trestle bridge section we will add)

I am having the darndest time trying to mate the K track with the adapter. As they come out of the box, do I need to remove anything from one of them? I can kind of connect them but there is a gap in the rails and it is not smooth. I know this is dumb but I don't want to bend or break anything.
Nancy - slowly Building Southern Appalachians USA mountain layout
Offline rschaffr  
#2 Posted : 14 March 2007 15:47:01(UTC)
rschaffr

United States   
Nancy: If the 2205 and the K/C adapters are new, its sometimes is hard to get the pieces joined completely. This is exacerbated by the fact that on the flex track, the rails are not firmly held by the ties as they are in other types of K track. What I do is take a small pair of pliers to hold the flex track rail firmly (not too firm..you don't want to deform it) and push it into the connector. It does take some force. As a last resort, you can take a small flat screwdriver and open up the rail joiners VERY SLIGHTLY to make them go together easier. The danger here is loss of conductivity. Let me know how you make out.
-Ron
Digital, Epoch IV-V(K-track/IB), Epoch III(C-track/6021/6036/6051)
http://www.sem-co.com/~rschaffr/trains/trains.html
Offline hxmiesa  
#3 Posted : 14 March 2007 19:17:55(UTC)
hxmiesa

Spain   
Like Ron says, it´s probably one of the K-rails that has left its support. Being a flex-track, it has very few fixed supports (only 2 or 3 depending on version of the track (yes, there are different versions, although they carry the same ref. no.)).
Try to locate the supports (Normally one or two per rail, some 3 or 4 sleepers from the each end) and get the support back in the "hole".
I dont suggest, however, that you pry the connector with a screwdriver. K-track is VERY fragile, and it might not stand up to that. -especially if the screwdriver or knife slips...
Best regards
Henrik Hoexbroe ("The Dane In Spain")
http://hoexbroe.tripod.com