Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline polabear  
#1 Posted : 05 June 2023 18:02:05(UTC)
polabear

Canada   
Hi all,
I recently received this loco, (Marklin 37691, BR E 19) , but do not plan on keeping it. It was in with some other newer digital locos, (I only run steam and diesel locos as I don't use overhead wires).
I had to enter this loco manually into my CS3 due to its age. Upon calling it up, the lights flicker, and when it runs it does so in a jerky manner. I opened it up, but see nothing obviously amiss. I am suspecting a faulty wire or connection with the pickup shoe, as the lights flicker when it is standing still.
Has anyone encountered this problem, or have any insight into the issue? Any help would be appreciated as I don't feel comfortable selling it when it isn't working properly.
Regards, Dave
Offline H0  
#2 Posted : 05 June 2023 18:28:39(UTC)
H0

It seems the 37691 still has the 6090 decoder. The combination of 6090 decoder, light bulbs, and CS3 flickers a lot due to poor programming of the CS3 TFP. This is by design.
Can be fixed by changing the connection of the light bulbs in the loco. Or by getting a 6021 or an ECoS controller.

Jerky running must have a different cause. Maybe dirty wheels, dirty axle bearing or poor contact somewhere else.

If the jerky running is accompanied by loud noise, then maybe the rotor bearings just need lubrication.
Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by H0
Offline Goofy  
#3 Posted : 08 June 2023 04:52:35(UTC)
Goofy

Check after if your loco needs new coal brushes to change out.
H0
DCC = Digital Command Control
Offline mvd71  
#4 Posted : 08 June 2023 06:53:23(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Poor contact through dirty wheels, axles, and/or lack of use is quite common. The e19 is particularly bad for it. I would start with a check of wheels for dirt build up. After that a drop of oil on the motor armature and gears then try running it for 10-15 minutes continuously
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mvd71
Offline mvd71  
#5 Posted : 08 June 2023 06:54:30(UTC)
mvd71

New Zealand   
Poor contact through dirty wheels, axles, and/or lack of use is quite common. The e19 is particularly bad for it. I would start with a check of wheels for dirt build up. After that a drop of oil on the motor armature and gears then try running it for 10-15 minutes continuously
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by mvd71
Offline Eurobahnfan  
#6 Posted : 08 June 2023 19:48:26(UTC)
Eurobahnfan

United States   
Yet another option is to replace the decoder with an MFX or basic LokPilot decoder, while getting a complete servicing. I purchased a used 37803 V200 with similar issues some time back and sent it to Scott at Helmuts Hobbies. In addition to a thorough cleaning, new armature, traction tires, lamps and brushes, he installed a LokSound decoder. It runs even better now — perhaps better than it did when new — and the sounds are awesome!
thanks 1 user liked this useful post by Eurobahnfan