Welcome to the forum   
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post in this topic Go to first unread post in this topic
Offline rustya  
#1 Posted : 02 May 2023 01:15:04(UTC)
rustya

United States   
Looking for a place other than Marklin for a down loadable copy of a owners manual for Marklin #37383 BR 128. Also need to know the spec. on this Lok and if there is any Marklin decoder upgrades available. This Lok should have decoder #683850, does anyone know if this is able to be re coded without dip switches? I would like to be able to recode it with the Inteli box 2. I am looking to buy one of these Loks, but would like to know a few things first.
Thanks
Offline rustya  
#2 Posted : 02 May 2023 02:24:50(UTC)
rustya

United States   
Can anyone tell me if the decoder in this model can have the code changed without the use of dip switches? I am looking to purchase one, but can't find any info on a owners manual or description on the decoder. The decoder is supposedly #683850, but Marklin doesn't list this model in there Lok list for parts and manuals. No help from Marklin again.
Any help would be great. I would also like to up grade this to sound ,etc. if anyone knows of any Marklin upgrade decoders.
Offline cintrans  
#3 Posted : 02 May 2023 02:35:42(UTC)
cintrans

Aruba   
According to wiki.3rail the decoder in that lok is a 60902, the motor is a 5* with permanent magnet.
The decoder has dip switches, so no, you can not change the address (code) without using the dip switches.

It would be however easy to upgrade the lok with a more modern decoder or sound decoder as it has already the high performance motor...

Regards
Jean-Pierre
Offline H0  
#4 Posted : 02 May 2023 08:35:41(UTC)
H0

Originally Posted by: rustya Go to Quoted Post
Can anyone tell me if the decoder in this model can have the code changed without the use of dip switches?
No, but it is easy to change the address using the DIP switches. And those old decoders have a very smooth acceleration and braking delay, therefore I would not replace them.

Regards
Tom
---
"In all of the gauges, we particularly emphasize a high level of quality, the best possible fidelity to the prototype, and absolute precision. You will see that in all of our products." (from Märklin New Items Brochure 2015, page 1) ROFLBTCUTS
UserPostedImage
Offline kiwiAlan  
#5 Posted : 02 May 2023 20:49:46(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Looking for a place other than Marklin for a down loadable copy of a owners manual for Marklin #37383 BR 128. Also need to know the spec. on this Lok and if there is any Marklin decoder upgrades available. This Lok should have decoder #683850, does anyone know if this is able to be re coded without dip switches? I would like to be able to recode it with the Inteli box 2. I am looking to buy one of these Loks, but would like to know a few things first.
Thanks

if this is a loco with a decoder that has DIP switches (also known as a 'mouse piano') to set the address then there is no way to update that decoder.

The only way to update it is to fit a modern decoder from Marklin, ESU or any other manufacturer od Marklin compatible decoders.
Offline rustya  
#6 Posted : 02 May 2023 22:10:48(UTC)
rustya

United States   
Jean,
What would you recommend as a upgrade decoder for the 37383. I would like to get sound if possible. I would love to get tail lights also. Shoenwitz makes some great up grades, but nothing for this model.
Offline kiwiAlan  
#7 Posted : 02 May 2023 23:05:09(UTC)
kiwiAlan

United Kingdom   
Jean,
What would you recommend as a upgrade decoder for the 37383. I would like to get sound if possible. I would love to get tail lights also. Shoenwitz makes some great up grades, but nothing for this model.

I'm not Jean, but my choice would be either a Marklin msd/3 or an ESU 5 series. Either one will require you to have a decoder programmer from the respective manufacturer to download a sound file. The Marklin decoders can be purchased with a representative sound file, but it is a pretty basic file. By ordering an ESU decoder with an appropriate catalogue number the dealer should load an appropriate file, so you should only need to set up the motor parameters.

Offline Bigdaddynz  
#8 Posted : 03 May 2023 07:17:58(UTC)
Bigdaddynz

New Zealand   
Merging thread with the other topic on this loco.